Rollercoaster of emotions

Rollercoaster of emotions

 

 

Why was he so nervous? It wasn't like this was his first date at all, but maybe it was because of the woman he met a few days ago. The woman he was going out with today. They wanted to grab some coffee and go on some window-shopping. They both thought that would be easier to get to know each other than sitting awkwardly across each other in some coffee shop. And here she said that name again. Just as they passed an ice cream parlor and he mentioned that the strawberry sundae looked delicious.

“Jaejoong likes strawberries, too.” There she said another man's name again. Was that the name of her ex-boyfriend and she was still in love with him and now she tried to compare everyone else with him? If this were the case he would end this right now.

“This Jaejoong, who is he?” Yunho asked curiously.

“Oh, no need to be jealous.” She laughed before she took his hand and dragged him further down the street while explaining who was the mysterious man. “Jaejoong is my best friend. We know each other since kindergarten. He is like family to me. So if this is going to work with us, you will get to know him soon.”

<<<<<>>>>>

She didn't lie about getting to know Jaejoong soon. It was only two weeks later that he would get to meet him. They arranged to meet in their regular coffee shop. The first thought he had when he saw him was: 'Wow, that is Jaejoong!'

He was kinda jealous about the close friendship they had and he never had thought that he would get threatened not to hurt the intended. But what surprised Yunho the most was the sudden grabbing of his hand and the shy reaction of Jaejoong. This little habit was kinda cute and a shy Jaejoong was lovely, too. Not to forget how awesome his hands felt like, so soft and warm. Jaejoong seemed to be a nice and kind person, someone everyone wanted to be friends with. And he would be lucky if they both were to become friends.

<<<<<>>>>>

They had watched enough movies together for him to know on which side he should put the popcorn and which side had to stay free. He was sitting between Jaejoong and Minah in a movie theatre waiting for the start of the movie. This was their regular seating position after the first cinema debacle where Jaejoong and Minah had been seated next to each other and had talked nonstop throughout the movie. After that, he had started to separate them whenever they went to the movies together. And there it was again, the warm and soft hand clinging to his own. The movie had just started and he was already a bundle of nerves. It wasn't long and he felt how his arm was turning numb because of how tight Jaejoong was now clinging to his arm. He was burying his face into his shoulder, just peeking at the screen and just as fast hiding again. As the credits started to roll over the screen he couldn't help himself and had to ask: “Have you even watched anything from the movie?”

“Don't tell me he was hiding throughout the movie?” Minah asked unfazed.

“I finally get some feeling in my arm back.” Yunho replied jokingly as he messaged his arm.

“You both are so stupid.” Jaejoong said while pouting. “I just hate zombie movies.”

“But you wanted to see that movie too, as I asked who would go with me. You joined on your own accord.” Minah said gobsmacked as she put her jacket on.

“But only because of this one actor. I still hate these kind of movies.” Jaejoong defended himself.

Sometimes he could do without this bickering between those two, but on the other hand, it was really entertaining too. It was too much fun to rile Jaejoong up. He loved to do it regularly too.

“If I remember correctly, you have a zombie movie in your collection, too, don’t you?” Yunho asked curiously.

“Yunho, stop!” Minah warned as she slightly slapped his shoulder. “Do you want to get a lecture about why this one is an exception?”

“Okay. Jaejoong, don't mind my earlier question.” Yunho turned back to Jaejoong as he put his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder.

“You both are so mean.” He could only hear the mumbled words from Jaejoong, but he didn't need to see it to know that the other man was still pouting.

<<<<<>>>>>

“Thanks for coming,” Jaejoong said as he walked back to his living room. He had just arrived at the other's apartment after he had gotten a call from Jaejoong, who was totally raddled.

“I don't mind. You know that I'm here for you whenever you need to talk.” Yunho reassured the other one as he followed him and sat down next to him on the sofa.

“Please, don't tell Minah anything about it. You know how she is.” Jaejoong requested as he leaned onto the taller one. Yunho knew that Jaejoong just needed to be held at the moment and so he made himself comfortable while laying back and pulled the smaller one into his arms.

“Hey, come one. He isn't worth your tears.” Yunho tried to console Jaejoong.

“Not crying.” Jaejoong countered and started to pout again. That pout really was illegal. “So, if you’re saying that I should get someone better, how should that someone be?”

“Well, that person should be nice, friendly, helpful and funny. Maybe kinda headstrong, so that he would be able to handle your moods.” His chest got hit as he explained. “That is what I meant with moods.” Yunho laughed.

“So, you are trying to say that I should search for someone like you?” Jaejoong asked curiously.

“For example.” Yunho countered with a small laugh.

“You are such an idiot.”

“Maybe I'm an idiot, but you called me to be here for you. So, now tell me why did he break up with you after- . How long were you dating again? Two weeks?” Yunho asked, but the only reply he got was nothing but Jaejoong trying to hide in Yunho's sweater while slowly turning red.

“It wasn't like you called out someone else’s name while doing it, was it?” He thought he would get Jaejoong to laugh through this, but it seemed that he had hit the mark. As he looked down at the smaller one he only saw that he got redder and redder. “Really?” He couldn't believe it.

“Don’t tell me that it never happened to you?” Jaejoong only mumbled still hiding on Yunho's chest.

“Nope, never happened. Well, I don't scream names in the first place.”

“Really should be changed.” With these words, Jaejoong suddenly sat up and grabbed his phone.

“What are you doing?” Yunho inquired as he sat up as well and tried to look over the other's shoulder.

“Nothing.” Jaejoong said mysteriously while a smirk was slowly forming on his lips. Yunho wasn't sure if he should be scared, but he really liked to see Jaejoong smiling again. And he really liked the feeling of him in his arms.

<<<<<>>>>>

They just came back from the weekly coffee meeting and he was glad that Jaejoong was over last week's disaster and was laughing freely again. If only his heart would stop to race when the other man was laughing or holding onto him! He was so under the other's spell and it seemed like Jaejoong got under his skin. As he was thinking about the smaller man and what he was feeling when they were together, he had totally forgotten where he was. So as a smaller body was climbing onto his lap and started to kiss him, he got startled. He tried to kiss Minah back but it just felt wrong. He wasn't sure what he should do. He was so confused! He loved that woman which was kissing him right now. But there were these strange feelings he had for her best friend.

“I'm not in the mood.” Yunho excused himself and slowly maneuvered Minah from his lap onto the sofa next to him.

“Yunho, what is wrong?” She asked confused.

“Nothing. But maybe I should leave. I'm kinda tired.” With this he stood up and left his girlfriend alone on the sofa. He put on his shoes and walked out of her apartment.

 

<<<<<>>>>>

The mood between Minah and him was strange but they both tried not to show Jaejoong that something had happened between them. It was their weekly movie night which they all had come to love. Jaejoong was in the kitchen and cooked dinner for tonight like he had done every week. At their first movie night he had thrown Minah out of the kitchen even though it was her apartment. “If we want to survive tonight, don't let her into the kitchen.” That had been Jaejoong's explanation back then. And well, he had showed again and again that he could handle making the food alone just perfectly and it always was so damn delicious. Yunho wasn't sure if he could survive without Jaejoong's cooking anymore. That was why he always said that the other one would make a perfect housewife.

After dinner Jaejoong was putting the dirty dishes away while Minah was getting comfortable on the armchair. He was walking to the sofa and sat down. He held his hand out to Minah and tried to say that he was sorry. He didn't like the situation that was between them at all. They didn’t really have a fight, but the mood was kinda awkward between them. But she shook her head and ignored his hand.

“So what are we going to watch?” Jaejoong asked as he walked into the living room.

Minah held up the empty cover-up.

“Why are you sitting on the armchair then? Shouldn't you get all cozy with each other?” Jaejoong asked and pointed to both of them.

“No. I don't want to get disturbed with your child’s play while watching the movie.” She replied brusquely. Yunho looked up at Jaejoong and smiled encouragingly at him. It wasn't fair that she was taking it out on him.

And it seemed like Jaejoong really got it today. She was chewing him out again, just because he had made some little noise while picking gummy bears out of the package. He hoped Jaejoong that was done soon so that he could get some red jellies for himself. They complemented each other so well. He knew that Jaejoong liked the white ones the most and the red ones were his second favorite. Yunho liked the red ones best and Minah didn't mind the flavor but would leave the red and white ones for the two males. As he finally got the bowl he tried so search for red gummy bears in vain. It seemed like that there wasn't even one in the package left. He heard a giggle and looked up.

“Searching for this?” Jaejoong asked as he held one lonely red jelly between his thumb and pointer. “It is the last one. I ate the others already.” He confessed while giggling. That little had eaten all his red gummy bears! “You!” Yunho growled before he lunged forwards and tried to get the last jelly from the smaller one. But the other was faster and held it out of reach. Well, if he couldn’t get it like this then he would reach his goal with other means. It was good that he knew that Jaejoong was ticklish and thus he started his tickling attack. And as Yunho saw his price coming closer it just as fast vanished it again. When Jaejoong was showing the red jelly to him between his teeth, he didn't think how awkward their position was when he had only one mindset. To get that red gummy bear. Something hit his head and he fell forwards. His lips met Jaejoong's and both their eyes widened at the sudden contact, but then Yunho’s only thought was: 'This is my chance!' And with all his might he used his teeth and tongue to get his longed-for price. “Gotcha!” Yunho said and showed the other man the red jelly that was now between his teeth. After Jaejoong had fled from the apartment, he just realized what he had done. What just really had happened. Slowly his fingers were tracing over his lips. Lips that just seconds ago had kissed Jaejoong.

Totally ignoring his girlfriend he stood up and just said that he would leave, too, before he stormed out of her apartment.

 

<<<<<>>>>>

Everything was so awkward. It was Tuesday and here they were in that coffee shop again, waiting for Jaejoong who was half an hour late already and didn't reply to any calls or text messages. “It seems like he won't come.” Minah said as she gave up on her last try. “Well, then I will take my leave.” Just like that she stood up and was ready to leave, but Yunho grabbed her hand at the last minute. He couldn't believe that she wanted to go like this and let the awkward situation between them as it was right now. He couldn't stand that cold treatment anymore. He didn't intend to hurt her, but it just happened. “Could we talk? Please, Minah.” He asked but it sounded more like begging.

“Sure.” She just answered and was going to sit down again, but Yunho stopped her.

“Maybe somewhere where we both have some more privacy?” He was a bit scared of her reaction. He didn't want to have a big scene.

“Are you going to break up with me?” She asked while her voice slowly got a bit louder.

“Please, Minah. Let's go to the park across the street and talk there.” It was good that she was a woman who could have serious talks and kept her calm.

As they reached a quiet place they both sat down onto a bench. “You are going to break up with me.” She stated.

“Yeah, I think it would be for the best.” Yunho confessed slightly sad that he had to end this relationship.

“Is there someone else? Have you meet someone new?” Minah asked a bit choked.

“It is kinda complicated.” He tried slowly to clear his thoughts. He still wasn't sure how he should explain this situation to her.

“Is there someone else?” She asked again and this time he could hear that she was getting angry.

“Just ing answer that question!”

“Yeah.” Just after he said that he got shoved hard.

“How could you? Wasn't I enough?” This time she started to cry. He slowly tried to take her into his arms but she was fighting against it.

“Minah, please let me explain.” Finally he got her to calm down a bit so that he could look into her eyes. He held her cheeks and wiped away the tears. “I never went behind your back. I love you, Minah. But you must have noticed, too, that we started to be together because it seemed practical. I know that you love me, but are you still in love with me?” Yunho asked quietly. He knew that he was kinda unfair towards her because he had noticed his changing feelings and had had time to think about it.

“I like being with you. I don't want to lose you.” Minah replied.

“I don't want to lose you, too. I really want to stay friends with you. But I really can't stop these feelings I have. They just got stronger and stronger and it wouldn't be fair to be with you, playing with your feelings and hurting you while my thoughts are with someone else.” This was so hard. He knew that he was hurting her right now and he knew that she would need some time until they both would be perfectly comfortable with each other again.

“Do I know her?” He choked on his spit and started to cough as she asked that question.

“Yeah.” He started a bit throaty “It is Jaejoong.“ He said nervously.

“Wait! Jaejoong?” It seemed like he had surprised her with his answer. “Well, not a big surprise. Who wouldn't fall for him? Even I was in love with him once. He is perfect. Well, except his taste in men. When I think about his past lovers.” She concluded before she looked Yunho up and down. “You are so different than them. Has he even shown you any indication that he would return your feelings?” He couldn't believe his ears. He just broke up with that woman and now she wanted details about his hopefully future love life! “When are you going to tell him about how you feel?” Minah asked excitedly.

“Well, as soon as possible. I hope he will answer to some messages or even call back.” He knew that they both were worried about Jaejoong and his hiding. Could it be that he was embarrassed because of that accidental kiss?

“When you do it, you are going to tell me.” With that, she stood up and started to walk away. “Good luck.”

“I will need that, right?” He called after her.

“You bet!”

<<<<<>>>>>

Here they were cuddling on Jaejoong's sofa again. Okay, last time it hadn’t been cuddling and rather more like comforting, but it didn't matter. Jaejoong was in his arms now. Slowly his fingers danced to the smaller man's midsection and he started to tickle him. During the almighty tickle marathon they had moved in a way that Jaejoong was now under Yunho as he started to call out to him. “Yunho! Yunho! Please, Yunho!”

“I never knew I would get you to scream my name so fast. And you were already begging.” Yunho laughed. He couldn't believe that he got so lucky to get this man. As he was deep in his thoughts about how perfect and cute the other one was, he didn't notice what Jaejoong was planning. He just felt sudden pain where a man shouldn't feel pain. “Ouch, that hurt!” Yunho rubbed slightly over his private parts that had just gotten squeezed really hard.

“Aw, did I hurt you?” Jaejoong asked mockingly as he put one hand over Yunho's and caressed that place gently.

“You’re playing with fire.” Yunho warned him as he leaned down and started to kiss the other's neck.

“Am I?” He leaned a bit back so that Yunho had much more access to his neck. Just as he was about to take off the smaller man's shirt and have more space to kiss and touch, he heard a door opening.

“I'm here! I brought food.” A female voice called into the apartment.

Yunho let his head fall onto Jaejoong's shoulder. He totally had forgotten that it was Friday. They could hear rustling as Minah was putting away the bags with dinner supplies. As the only woman finally entered the living room she was still holding a bag in her hand. “I need to tell you something.” She started excitedly. “I went to the post office today to get my delivery. I didn't even order something in the last weeks! Well anyway. So after I got it and went home, I opened the package. And you won't believe it! I actually thought that I’ve got the wrong parcel but no! That was my name and address on it. I'm still really unsure what I should do with this?” Minah asked as she pulled something out of the bag. Yunho's eyes widened at the object and he started to laugh while Jaejoong tried to hide.

“Can someone explain to me why I would need this?” She asked again while still holding the ordered item in front of the men.

“It’s Jaejoong's fault.” Yunho defended himself and gave Jaejoong away still laughing. He couldn't believe that Jaejoong had ordered this two weeks ago!

“To make him scream. And when I ordered it, you two were still together.” Jaejoong pouted again as he explained why he had bought it.

“A strap-on? Well, I will keep it. You don't need it to make him scream.” She laughed and put her new toy away. “So what are we gonna watch?”

“Warm bodies.” Jaejoong declared proudly still red from embarrassment.

“But that is a zombie movie.” Yunho said perplexed. “You hate them.”

“Not this one.” Jaejoong and Minah answered together.

 

 

end.