[Press 4] Apples

Just Dial 143 [2020]

Dara’s POV


Flashback 1 ( 7 years ago )

I walk going to school every day. It was too tiring but that pain goes away when I see the beautiful view of the fields on my way. It’s my senior year in high school and I’m excited to spend it a lot with my best friends, Jane and Yuri.

“Woah Dara, you look good today” Yuri’s daily greeting to me.

“Hahahaha she always look the same! The hair, the glasses, well-dressed uniform… yeah always, right? Jane teased me.

Yuri is like my daily vitamin while Jane well I don’t know if she really is my best friend but I really like her that way, she’s really tough.

“Hey Dara, Are you free after class?” Yuri asked me.

“Ah yeah I think our laboratory will be dismissed early… Yeah of course, is there anything to celebrate?” I said.

“Good, I just need to talk to you and Jane. It is something important … we'll meet 3 pm ok? see you guys later!”

I asked Jane about Yuri’s reason for that “something important” meet-up but she didn’t also have any idea.

 

- 3:00 pm at the café -

“Where is that girl? I thought it was 3 pm?” Jane complained

“Jane, Let’s just wait ok? You know Yuri, she loves to surprise us”

I tried to calm Jane but she was too impatient.

I was looking outside the café and I noticed some guy in a hoodie standing on the other side of the street. He was like waiting for someone. After a minute I saw my friend Yuri and I was surprised when that guy approached my friend. Yuri just ignored him and she continued to cross the street. I was trying to look at the face of the guy but I couldn’t  because of the people walking beside the street. In an instant the guy disappeared as Yuri reached the entrance door of the café. I looked away pretending I didn’t noticed her.

“Oh Thank God you’re here! We’ve been waiting for years. Your 10 minutes late did you know that?” Jane again complains.

“I’m sorry I need to finish something” Yuri answered as she gets something in her bag.

“What’s the 'something important' thing you need to tell us?” I asked Yuri.

She gave us an envelope. Jane and I looked what’s inside and we were surprised.

“Aren’t you happy for me guys?” Yuri asked us.

“Tokyo University? You’re leaving us?” Jane was really confused.

“Uhm well Congratulations” I said in a sad tone.

“I’m sorry … but it was better that I said it to both of you early, right?” Yuri said.

“Yeah right, it means that we really need to spend our time together” I said.

“You’re so mean did you know that Yuri? and Dara how dare you consent her? I really love you guys!! Jane said as she hugged us.

“I thought you were going to punch me” Yuri said in relief.

That day was really great and I wish everyday will.

I was already walking home when my mom asked me to buy her some apples at the department store. I bought five apples from the store. I was planning to add some more cause mom and I really love apples but I carried so much books from the library, so I decided not to.

It was already passed 5 pm when I got out of the store.

I watched the sunset on my way home and I was really attracted to it. I stopped and took off my glasses because its large lenses hinder the light to  touch my cheeks. I closed my eyes and feel the warm breeze during that moment.

I was stunned by the beauty of the sunset and I didn’t notice that the bag of apples slipped through my hands. The apples ran down the street and I also ran to it.

I was about to pick the last apple but someone picked it for me. I’m sure it was a guy but I can’t clearly see his face.

“Are you ok?” he said to me.

“Yeah… Thank you” I said as I wear my glasses.

I was surprised when I saw the face of the guy. He was like an angel. I thought I was having a dream.

“I really love apples too. Here’s your apple, I hope you’ll wash it before you eat it” he said to me.

He was already walking away but I called him to ask his name.

“Just call me Prince” he said

Then he smiled and continued to walk away.

End of Flashback