Final

Locard Exchange Principle

Fond of crime scene shows during her younger years, Sejeong found herself reveling on the fact that she would be called detective in the first Korean show in Netflix – Busted. The producers of the show reached out to their company to ask if they would be able to fit Busted in her already busy schedule, the company agreed, thinking it would help Sejeong’s blooming career. The other casts were highly respectable figures in the industry—Yoo Jaesuk (the national mc), Ahn Jaewook (she recalled listening to his song while her mom does the cooking, Kim Jongmin (a funny comedian who never fails to make her laugh), Lee Kwangsoo (Asia’s Prince), Park Minyoung (a pretty actress who had an eyesmile that could melt your heart), and Oh Sehun (who doesn’t know EXO’s Sehun?)

Compared to them, Sejeong was a mere bug. She debuted in I.O.I and gugudan in 2016, made her acting debut in 2017. School 2017 was a funny drama in which she starred with Kim Junghyun, she was named as the daughter of Choi Aera and Ko Dongman for doing the same aegyo as Kim Jiwon.

She knew Yoo Jaesuk and Lee Kwangsoo personally since she was a guest in Running Man for two times before. They were an interesting bunch, on screen they tried their best to be funny, especially Lee Kwangsoo who was marked as the Traitor in the variety show. He was a real gentleman and he tends to everyone who he thought needs his help. She also met Park Minyoung in awards shows, as well as Sehun. She cannot help but still feel nervous over the fact that she will be casted alongside them.

Her worries dissipated when they all met in the press briefing, all of them instantly bonding like a family. They went in pairs, the youngest of the bunch coming in together with their camera and magnifying glass. They posed and everything seemed like a whirlwind of events, they have now found each other sitting in their office while sipping their coffee.

“Sejeong-ah~” Minyoung crossed the distance between them and sat beside her before leaning in to whisper in her ear. “I actually saw what Sehun did before I came in.” Sejeong’s cheeks turned bright pink, her heartbeat thumping faster. “Eonni, please keep it a secret first. I still don’t know what to react..” She murmured under her breath which earned her a gentle pat on the head from Minyoung. “Arra, arra~” Jaesuk and Kwangsoo entered the office while bickering, their loud voices a blessing for Sejeong. “Kwangsoo! I told you we won’t be able to solve the case by looking at the script and finding where they hid the pieces of evidence.” It is their usual discussion which involved  Kwangsoo looking for the easy way to solve the case. Kwangsoo jokingly punched Jaesuk in the stomach, laughing. “Hyung! Why do you always say that when there are people around? Don’t listen to what he said, Minyoung and Sejeong. I said no such thing.” He waved his hand dismissively while covering his face.

Jongmin, Jaewook, and Sehun occupied the couch in front of the two females and they exchanged glances before laughing at the two, they had the best bond she has ever seen considering that they were in Running Man for almost ten years now. “Eh, Kwangsoo.. I know you’re not as bright as me, but don’t do that.” Jongmin added which made Sehun shake his head. “Hyungnim, I’m not… Aish, I don’t want to defend myself anymore, you guys still won’t listen!” Kwangsoo whined, his arms crossing over his chest as if he was a 6 years old kid.

 

“Hyung, I heard from the PDs that there will be snakes hidden in the vault later..” Sehun declared to the males, all of them seemingly afraid of the creature. “Well, we have Minyoung and Sejeong for that.” Jongmin quickly replied, his eyes warily looking over to them. “It’s no fun if you guys make us take the snakes away. I think you guys should try to touch them first and not scream!” Minyoung nodded her head and pointed at Jongmin. “You should try it!”

The argument ensued in their office which made Sejeong forget the forehead kiss Sehun gave her earlier. They weren’t in a romantic relationship but within the months they were together, she knew that her little crush over him would turn into something else. They broke the ice when he noticed her calling her hyung instead of oppa, everyone noticed it even his fans; they found it adorable since she was really unique and funny. She hated dancing the most while Sehun loved it, his dream of performing with her still lingering on the back of his mind.

Her rouge colored lips curled up into a smile which reached her dreamy eyes at the memory of him pouting at her and demanding to hear her say oppa. The curl of the corners of her lips didn’t go unnoticed to the others which immediately made her the new victim of teasing. “Ooohh, I guess Sejeong is thinking about food.” Jaesuk pointed at her. “No, I think she’s thinking of pushing Kwangsoo while he touches the snake.” Jaewook looked at Kwangsoo whose face couldn’t be painted. “No, I think she’s thinking of me.” Sehun declared which surprised everyone, it wasn’t the first time that he said something like that and the older ones have noticed the way they look at each other during filming. “Hmm.. I think something else is brewing here other than coffee.” Minyoung quipped before they were called out by the staff.

They went to different locations to continue searching for clues regarding the recent case they were tasked to solve, Sehun was with Kwangsoo and Jongmin. They were all looking for the obvious signs of entry when he suddenly remembered about the Locard exchange principle. If there no signs of forced entry then the tycoon must have known the suspect. Considering that there were two glasses of wine on the table, Sehun took the bottles and used a scotch tape to lift the print from the bottles. He completely surprised the staffs since they didn’t expect him to do such thing. There were two different prints lifted from the glasses and he confided it to Kwangsoo and Jongmin.

“Oh, let’s look at his phone. Maybe there are registered fingerprints on his system. We could try to open his phone using his fingerprint first, but we should make a copy of that first.” They tried their hardest to make a decent copy of the fingerprints using a glue they found on the bedside table, they were able to successfully open the lock of his phone with the use of the makeshift fingerprint and found the name of the culprit, Ms. Jeon Somin.

“Aish. It’s Somin! The tycoon’s girlfriend.. I forgot that the tycoon’s name is Yang Sechan.” Kwangsoo laughed before shaking his head.  “We should tell the others about this clue.” Jongmin immediately dialed Jaesuk’s phone number and divulged the information to them. They found out that the gym owner knew of Somin’s plan to murder Sechan for betraying her trust. They all met up in the office once again, dividing the team into twos. Sehun and Sejeong were finally partnered again and they were on their way to Somin's bookshop, the others were going to Somin's house and office. "We were able to check his phone thanks to the principle you told me about earlier, Sejeong-ssi." Sehun looked at her briefly before bringing his eyes back to the road. "I'm glad it helped, Hyungnim." 

When they reached the destination, they both saw Somin on the bookshop. Somin tried to make a run for it but Sejeong was fast and caught her immediately. Sehun jogged behind her, his eyes full of love as he watched her throw her head back and laugh. Her antics like this made it impossible for his heart to be calm, not when she looked so adorable and pretty at the same time. Sejeong didn't know how beautiful she was.. but she is the epitome of sunshine herself.

They were able to solve the case due to their collaborative efforts. Somin, Jaesuk, and Kwangsoo poked fun at each other; the older males both teased Somin about Sechan. The staff were packing up, the other casts bidding goodbye to each other, but Sejeong and Sehun met in the hallway of the building. “Hyungnim.. do you want to go on a date?” She looked down, fiddling on her fingers. “Of course, Sejeong-ah.” Sehun wrapped an arm around her tiny waist, flashing a wide smile to her.

“Locard exchange principle is real, after all.” Sehun whispered before they walked away from the hustle and bustle of the building.