oo6

BLOOD THIRST (NCT Mark Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo6

 

Jaeil sets down the tea she prepared on the table, her movements graceful. She had a serene smile on her face nevertheless her eyes were swollen, a obvious indication that she had been crying all day long. 

 

Taeil smiled at his younger sister, who was unaware of his stare as he sat down opposite her on the table.

 

"So..." The lady strike a conversation after finally settling down on her seat, her movements a little awkward. 

 

The older raised one brow at her behaviour, finding it amusing to see her looking very where else but him. "How did you..." She trailed off, contemplating whether to continue her words or think of something else to not sound rude. 

 

"Get loose?" Taeil leaned his body towards his sister, the action successfully catching the girl's eyes. He had that usual teasing smile plastered on his face that Jaeil so loathed if only he wasn't on the verge of dying earlier. 

 

She rolled her eyes playfully, her eyes b with tears. She still couldn't believed the fact that she was talking to him right now, in full flesh. 

 

If this is a dream, she wishes not to wake up anymore. 

 

"Yeah, how did you get loose?" She mused monotonously, her eyes lowering in insecurity. "Who proved the existence of the prophesized man?" she added in an undertone.

 

Almost instantly, upon seeing his sister's gloomy face, the older reached out for Jaeil's hand, squeezing lightly. 

 

Immediately, the noble lady looked up to see her brother smiling warmly this time. The affection he's showing her caused more tears to blur her eyes and she sniff lightly, trying to balance her emotional stability. 

 

"Don't cry," Taeil whispered softly, rubbing invisible patterns at the back of her hand, his eyes dropping on it. 

 

"But you know, Jaeil-ah." He continued, catching the girl's attention once more after she followed the motion of his fingers on her hand. 

 

"It wasn't just anyone who stood up for me," He eyed his sister intently, who was looking at him in pure curiosity. 

 

She didn't know who proved the validity of her brother's prophecy, whoever he or she was, the person deserves to be rewarded and recognized by the Moon Household. 

 

"It was Taeyong."

 

〰〰〰

 

"Jungsoo! Jungsoo!" 

 

The family head, Kim Jungmim hollers as he hasten out of the household, his limping supported by the wooden cane that helped his walking ever since his leg got damaged from his last war. 

 

Immediately, the name he's screaming stood up from the log where he's sitting at in panic. He turned around to look at his father with a deep frown on his face. 

 

"What is it, father?" He asked the obviously furious man who was frowning at him deeper than how he was earlier. 

 

"Your son skipped his sword lessons again! I'm getting tired of reprimanding him every single time! He didn't attend the lesson earlier! It's so embarrassing! You look for him this instant and bring that spoiled kid to me before the sun sets or I'm cutting ties with him!" 

 

On the other side of the capital, the center of talk from the two men earlier was busy strolling down the streets of the plaza, holding out a huge fan on his right hand, his other behind him as he walked oh so slowly, making sure he can see every single products being sold. 

 

It wasn't long until a certain adornment caught his attention. 

 

Unlike his earlier pace, he brisk walked towards the adornment shop, his eyes showing awe at the thing that caught his attention;

 

A golden swan pin, with sapphire beads the wings and sapphire stones dangling from it. 

 

Without further ado, His fingertips touched the dangles, as his mouth went agape in fascination. Seeming that he didn't get enough of the pin, he bent his body so he could be eye level with the accessory. 

 

Until a forced cough caught his attention. 

 

The noble man looked up to see a bulky man, who is eyeing him sternly. As a response, the young man smiled brightly at the stern man, an attempt to signify that he meant no harm. 

 

In case the man thinks he's a thief. 

 

Which is obviously not. 

 

Because he's the last Kim. and he could buy even this man's soul and—

 

okay. Enough with the nonsense. 

 

Going back to his senses, the young man straightened up before blinking several times, his eyes still fixated on the pin. 

 

"You like that, young man?" 

 

There goes the stern voice again. However, accompanying it was the judgemental look he was using as he scanned the young man from head to toe, and back again, his arms crossed on top of his chest. 

 

The young man smiled widely, obviously sarcastic. He nodded before finally shifting his attention to vendor. He just realized he was the owner of the shop.

 

Must be the reason why he was wary of passersby, he needs to be careful with thieves. 

 

He shrugged. Oh well.

 

"Yeah," he answered softly, once more finding the pin elegant. 

 

He needs to get his hands on that pin or he wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. 

 

"I like that. Oh, and by the way..." He muttered, his brows raising in realization when the man turned to removed the pin from the stand's hook. 

 

"What is it?" 

 

He chose to ignore the stern voice this time. 

 

He doesn't want to ruin this day.

 

"It's not 'young man'. It's Jungwoo" He smiled. 

 

Yes, he's Kim Jungwoo. And he likes aesthetic things. 

 

〰〰〰

 

Jaeil entered through the palace gates warily, her eyes scanning her surrounding carefully. This will one of the rarest times when she visits the palace. 

 

In the past, she always used to visit this place, only for Jaehyun. But this time around, it was for a completely different person. 

 

"You should really express your gratitude towards him, Jae. You know how we are, right?"

 

She remembered her older brother's words from earlier and she can't help but feel guilty for what she had told him the other day. 

 

"Is that it? You're choosing your reputation over your friend?" Tears that were threatening to face finally raced down her cheeks as she glared at her brother's friend angrily. 

 

"I never knew you are this low, Lee Taeyong." She gritted her teeth in pure resentment and the guy's frown deepened. 

 

"I will never ever bow and show my loyalty to you, Lee Taeyong. Remember that."

 

She regretted accusing him of such things when he was just being careful him self. 

 

With a huge intake of breath, Moon Jaeil closed her eyes as she clenches her fists, summoning enough courage to look for the vice general who was believed to be in the palace right now, harnessing his skills once more. 

 

That was what the servant from his household told her before she went here. 

 

When she finally decided she would look for the soldier, even before she could take one step forward, a pair of large hands covered her closed eyes before singing "guess who~" softly. 

 

The sound of his voice caused the butterflies to dance wildly in her stomach and her heart to beat louder than of a drum as a wide smile graces her lips. 

 

She immediately recognized that voice. The voice that never failed to make her cheeks feel warm.

 

Because that voice. came from none other than her childhood sweetheart, Third Prince Jaehyun. 

 

Once more, the talk with her older brother came rushing back to her mind. 

 

"Third Prince Jaehyun was back from the other kingdom. The two kingdoms finally made peace so he was set free from being captive and held as a hostage. You might want to see him."

 

Okay, maybe the reason why she went to the palace wasn't exactly because she wanted to make peace with her friend.

 

But because of Jaehyun too. 

 

She had no time to feel sorry for Taeyong because the moment the guy behind her removed his hands from her eyes, she swiftly turned around to beam at him. 

 

"I missed you!!!!" She exclaimed, jumping on her place. 

 

The man smiled charmingly at her, the usual bright smile that captured her heart a million times ever since they were little. 

 

She wanted to hug him so bad, however, she knows they can't be seen by anybody getting intimate. 

 

It would be very wrong. 

 

After all, he was a royal and the Crown Prince's rival on the throne. 

 

"Really?" The third prince teased, causing her cheeks to flame upon realizing she has exposed her innermost feelings to him. 

 

She looked away, "Ah, I mean— Because —"

 

Why am I getting tongue tied?!

 

The familiar sound of Jaehyun's laugh broke her out of her reverie and seeing how he seemed to be the same old guy from years ago, she finally let loose. 

 

She laughed along with him for a while until one of his palm landed on her crown, rubbing affectionately. 

 

He had that warm look on his eyes that she got caught in, as if she was frowning in his orbs.

 

"I missed you. " 

 

Jaehyun whispered seriously, a serene smile on his lips and that caused another set of dancing butterflies in her stomach. 

 

She smiled shyly, her cheeks tinting pink. 

 

Unbeknownst to the two, from afar, came The vice general Lee Taeyong who just finished the talk with the emperor and he accidentally witnessed the two sweethearts being affectionate with each other. 

 

unconsciously, his hands balled into fists as he fought away the slight pinch on his cardiac at the wonderful sight he's seeing.

 

He knew by then that he will never ever win Moon Jaeil's heart, even if he receives a million stabs for her.

 

Because obviously, the person whom her heart beats for was, is, and always will be Jung Jaehyun.

 

〰〰〰

 

Minhyung was standing by Pobu's grave, however, his mind was elsewhere. 

 

It was drifting to the talk he had with Mistress Lee, who, after Taeyong's visit came rushing towards the stable afterwards, searching for him. 

 

Minhyung saw the noble walking up to his place in alarm, while he was busy arranging the bulk of hay in its rack, old man Yoo following after her. 

 

Even though baffled at the woman's current state, he immediately paid due respect to the woman by offering her a deep bow. 

 

"Good morning, mistress Lee. What brings you here—" His question was cut short when all of a sudden, the woman stretched out her arms and caged him with a bone crushing hug. 

 

Confused, the young man shot Jaehwa an inquiring look, silently demanding answers from him. Just then, Mistress Lee pulled away from him, her hands reaching up to his face, rubbing him in a soothing manner as she looked at everything on his face. 

 

"Are you alright?" She asked, obviously worried. The younger took note of how her eyes falters every now and then as she examined him. 

 

"I-I-I'm fine, thank you." Reluctantly, the stable boy backed away from the noble woman. Don't get him wrong, he was thankful that she worries for him, however, he wasn't used to the attention he's getting. 

 

All his life, he was used to tending

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter