oo3

BLOOD THIRST (NCT Mark Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just a reminder guys. Everything written here did and does not happen in real life. I'm not very much knowledgeable to the history but I'm trying my best to understand, please go easy me, huhu. 

I do not wish to offend anyone of what I will write. A fiction is a fiction. A Fanfiction is also a fiction.

Thank you and enjoy!

 

 

oo3

 

Haechan's head popped up behind the huge fruit stand seconds after the end of Taeyong's entourage passed. 

 

Lee Taeyong is the son of the best Military Chief Joseon have and like his father before him, the young man showcases exemplary skills when it comes to swordfight and leadership, earning him a favorable spot in the military aspects of the kingdom. 

 

With a lopsided smirk on his face, he went out of the stand after making sure the soldiers were already far from him. He started strolling the streets of the capital as he followed the soldier's disappearing figure with his eyes.

 

Smiling proudly, Haechan swung his huge fan on his self, "What a clever gentleman you are, Haecha—"

 

He accidentally bumped on someone so hard that he ended up landing on his bottom on the ground, sending the huge fan in the air. 

 

With a shocked expression on his face, the crown prince whipped his head towards the person who he bumped into. 

 

"Yah, look where you're going!" The old man snarled so loud he started catching attention from passersby. 

 

Embarrassed, Haechan secretly glanced on both sides of him, seeing the people gossiping and whispering with each other, some just looking.

 

Well, maybe because he was clumsy. The old man didn't press on the topic anymore and just walked passed the guy on the ground, minding his own business. 

 

When the man was nowhere in sight, the crown prince pouted. 

 

They wouldn't act that way if they knew I was the crown prince, he thought. 

 

Sighing, Haechan got on his feet, standing up. His hands went to his back, dusting off his silk clothes before turning around to look for his neglected fan. 

 

Hus eyes immediately brightened upon landing on the fan on the ground. 

 

〰〰〰

 

"The Vice General Chief arrived!" 

 

The palace guards announced as the gates to the kingdom opened, allowing entry for the group of soldiers. 

 

Almost immediately, eunuchs and court people paid due respect to the heroes of the country, and the leader copied their movements. 

 

Getting off from his horse, The son of the general caressed the animal's skin before he leaned his forehead on its neck as he whispered. 

 

Most probably thanking him for winning this battle with him as well. 

 

"Taeyong!" 

 

His moment with his warrior was cut short the moment he heard that familiar voice that never called him with honorifics. 

 

Moving away from the horse, Taeyong grinned widely at his approaching father, who had his arms wide open. 

 

He doesn't care whether a lot of people were watching. All that's in his mind is the fact that he's proud of his son for completing his mission guarding the country at the borders with no rate of mortality and in good shape. 

 

The young general reciprocated his father's hug, finding comfort at his father's laughs. He might be one tough guy and skilled warrior but he's a child at heart, and nothing makes him happier than being in the same space as his family. 

 

"You've done well, my son." General Lee whispered as he patted his son's back, tears b his eyes. 

 

The youngest of the Lee smirked. "Don't I deserve a feast? I want mother to cook." 

 

〰〰〰

 

On his way to the king's chambers to pay him due respect, notify him of his arrival and report about his mission on the borders, the young soldier bumped with the royal astronomer who seemed to be in a frenzy. 

 

"Pardon, but why are you such in a hurry?" Taeyong asked, frowning lightly at Taeil's behaviour. Ever since birth, the older had always been a peculiar one that the soldier never thought it would earn him a favorable spot in the palace. However, like his father before him, Taeil had always been fascinated with the galaxy and the mysteries it held. His prophecies and premonitions had never been wrong once. 

 

Taeil looked at him in a rattle. "Have you seen Gongmyung?" 

 

The general's frown deepened even more. "No," he answers. "Why? What's wrong?" 

 

"You shouldn't allow him to leave the palace!" the shorter exclaims and the crumple in Taeyong's facial expression becomes even messier. "Why?" 

 

"Something bad's bound to happen! the moment he step out of the four corners of the castle, he's doomed!" 

 

The young general's visage turned from  confused to serious in seconds, his eyes becoming hard. He nodded at the royal astronomer implying his understanding. 

 

He will never go against Moon Taeil's prophecies. 

 

"I'll make sure to warn him about that once I bumped onto him," Taeyong explained. However, it did nothing to put the royal astronomer at ease. 

 

"But for now, let me fulfill my duties first and report to his Majesty." 

 

The young general dismissed which silenced the older. 

 

Living inside the palace gives all of them a royal decree and order of prioritization. Nothing is more important and absolute than the things related with the king. 

 

There's no contesting to that.

 

So when General Lee Taeyong slipped farther away from Moon Taeil that day, the royal astronomer opted to shut his mouth and go against the idea of telling him more.

 

Things that would most probably turn things to happen around.

 

〰〰〰

 

"The Royal Astronomer proposes the existence of night walkers once more, just like his late father."

 

Taeyong heard the king mutter after he has completed his report regarding his duties at the border. It seems like the king wasn't interested in his accomplished mission at all. 

 

He was too engrossed at the idea of vampires existing. He couldn't blame him though. if that's the only shot to cure your dying son. 

 

"What do you say?" The king's gaze lowered at the kneeling young man, not pleased by his lack of response. 

 

"I'm sorry, your majesty. But everything is so much to take for me at the moment. Pardon my words but I can't bring myself to believe the royal astronomer's words." Taeyong's bow deepened even more.

 

No, don't get him wrong. It's not like he was trying to ruin the astronomer's image with the king's perception but he can't bring himself to believe the unbelievable either. 

 

King Dongwook sighed. "I know, right. Hearing it from him sounds ridiculous as it is. But Taeyong-ah," at the mentioned if his first name, the general bowed even deeper, showing his utter respect for the noble before him.

 

"Hearing the same statement twice makes me want to believe everything. That there's still hope."

 

"But they came from the same family," by this time, Taeyong finally gained courage to argue. Still on the floor, the younger took the silence as a cue to continue when the king didn't speak. "Of course they would know the same story." 

 

"this is just my opinion, your highness." 

 

〰〰〰

 

"In exchange of his life, huh?" Taeyong whispered to no one in particular, after meeting the king in his chambers, walking aimlessly. "He must have been missing his father too much already to yearn for his own death..." he added in an undertone. 

 

He couldn't believe it when the emperor broke the news to him. Moon Taeil was putting his life on the line just because of a stupid prophecy. 

 

The crown prince was medically Ill! Not possessed like some kind of devil or any witch crafts! What he needs is medication and not magic!

 

"Taeyong!" 

 

The young general's head turned to the direction of the voice calling him. Just like earlier, he saw someone running up to him in a rattle. 

 

Moon Taeil...

 

and Now Gongmyung...

 

Speaking of!

 

"Hey—" He was just about to break the astronomer's warning to the older but the royal physician obviously had some bigger news to share.

 

"The crown prince's missing!" 

 

Gongmyung hissed in an undertone, his hands grabbing on Taeyong's collar as he shook his friend violently. 

 

"What?!" 

 

〰〰〰

 

He took his time stirring the water i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter