Day 1261 ~Valentines Day special~

30 days of bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Were you expecting a Valentine's Day special for this story? Neither was I, but I definitely had more to tell. I hope this lives up to the rest of the story of 30 days of bliss, and I hope you enjoy this special!

 

 

February, the month of happy couples, gift exchanges and love. While this month was meant for love and happiness, I never quite enjoyed the holiday—that was until I met Yerin. And oh, how quickly the night changes. Just as quickly as this month meant to me, it soon developed into something I despised. This month marked the 3rd year since Yerin’s passing; it would never fail to remind me of what happened, and how I could never catch her killer. We did everything together, and I thought we’d be together forever. That wasn’t the case, and here I was, alone on valentines day staring at a beautifully somber meteor shower.

“We were supposed to see a meteor shower,” I sighed, contorting my body away from the shower to lean on the railing that overlooked the city. “What I wouldn’t give to spend one more day with her.” A gust of wind blocked my vision, blowing in my face and around me, the cold air nipping at my bare skin as I shivered. Once the wind subsided, my mind wandered as my eyes trailed the people that looked like ants, holding boxes, and chocolates and—my eyes widened. My feet were moving on their own before I could think. I ran down the flights of stairs from the balcony to find myself in the middle of the square. Panting, I searched aimlessly for the person I saw—or thought I saw. It figures. She’s dead, her casually being in the square wasn’t possible.

Just as I was about to give up, there she was. Standing near a fountain, waiting for someone. My breath hitched, and for a moment I just stood there.

“Yerin—” I said, clearing my throat. Moments ago, my legs felt like lead. Now suddenly, they felt as light as a feather as I bolted towards her.

“Yerin!” I cried, my mind was a blur and I couldn’t even think. The moment she turned to me, my already hazy mind went silent, and the only thing left was her, and how I had to feel her.

Stopping in front of her, I bent over as I began catching my breath.

“Do I know you?” She asked.

“Y-Yerin… I—” My attempts to answer her failed, as the realization hit me. The reality of this, Yerin standing in front of me without a scratch, without a scar. It wasn’t possible—I wanted to cry.

“Do I know you?” She asked again. Looking up at her this time, I searched her eyes, looking for the composure to talk to her properly—and even minutely try to figure out what the was going on.

“You’re… Jung Yerin.” Mouth agape, I could barely form a sentence.

“Yes, how do you know my name?” She asked with folded arms, staring incredulously at me.

“Uh… Sowon, I’m a friend of hers, she asked me to pick you up.” Somehow forming a coherent sentence, I observed her. Her eyes grew wary, and she was becoming suspicious of me.

“That’s odd, cause I just got a call from her telling me to meet her here.”

“Oh, uh…”

“Who are you, really? If you’re a fan, just say so. I don’t take kindly to creepy strangers.”

“Someone who has missed you very much.”

“Pardon?” The words just slipped out, I couldn’t stop myself. At least I could stop myself from showering her in hugs and kisses, but if I was already being labelled a creepy stranger, that statement earned me the title of creep.

“Uh, do you mind if I wait with you?” Do you mind if I wait with you? How much creepier can I get?! My aching heart just can’t be stopped, I guess.

“I guess… not…” The caution in her voice was prominent, but I was honestly expecting to get smacked with her bag for being such a weird creep. That’s Yerin for you, too kind for her own good.

“I’m going to give you one more chance to tell me you’re a fan, and I’ll give you an autograph, even take a photo with you.”

“I told you, I’m Sowon’s friend! Seriously! I can call her right now!” Scratch that, she’s definitely thinking I’m some creep.

“Who are we calling?” A woman asked from behind me, and I knew that voice anywhere—it was Sowon.

“Sowon, this girl says she knows you. Do you know her? Or is she some crazy stalker?” Oh, don’t mind me being able to hear your every word.

Turning to face them, Eunha was attached to Sowon’s hip—as if I’d ever expected her elsewhere.

“I’ve never met you before in my life,” Sowon said bluntly.

Yerin gasped, “so you are a stalker!” She said something under her breath, but I couldn’t quite catch her. Just my luck; apparently I’m a stalker now.

“Who’s a stalker?” Eunha turned away from Sowon’s side to get a closer look at the stranger—me. She stared to the point I was feeling uncomfortable, but after a few more blinks, she broke out into a fit of tears. I know Eunha is a crybaby, but why is she crying like this? And why right now?

“Eunha? Eunha!” Sowon called, trying to get a hold of the crying mess. Turning her attention on me, there was a fury in her eyes.

“What did you do to Eunha!?” She yelled, not caring if the entire world heard her.

“Why would I hurt her? She’s my best friend.” Everything was making less and less sense, I wasn’t sure what was fake and what was the truth. Everything went silent as all three girls stared at me. I wasn’t liking very much the unwarranted attention.

“Can you not all gawk at me?”

“What’s your name?” Sowon asked, keeping her eyes glued on me.

“Shouldn’t you already know? It’s me, SinB.” Annoyed at this point, I didn’t know why they were gawking, why they didn’t recognize me, why Yerin was here. My head hurt and I was growing tired of it.

“Do you mind?” Frustration ridden in my tone.

“SinB. Hwang Eunbi?” Yerin asked slowly. So she knows who I am?

“Yerin—”

“SinB, is that really you?” With a shaky breath, Eunha interrupted me.

“What do you mean is it really me? We just saw each other yesterday, remember? Sowon was there too.”

“I… I…” Eunha began.

“That’s not possible,” Sowon spoke when Eunha couldn’t.

“What do you mean? Of course, it’s possible.” This was getting tiring fast.

“How are you alive?” Sowon pushed, ignoring my growing frustration.

“Right? I can’t believe it I—”

“SinB,” Eunha interrupted, tears streaming down her eyes as she wrapped her arms tightly around me.

“What’s up with you? Why are you holding onto me so tightly, and why are you crying??”

“I-I can’t believe you’re really here.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Y-you said we met yesterday… but that’s not possible…” She said as she wiped her eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“You… you died three years ago…” Everything halted, my body, my breath, my mind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter