It's a Conspiracy [MiChaeng]

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was sitting on the stage as she watched Chaeyoung stack the chairs. She didn’t know exactly how or why she had been roped into this, but she was and there was nothing she could do about it. But no matter, at least she had her switch.

Games were Mina’s escape from reality, the cold hard world that she hated from time to time. If she was having a bad day she’d just play some smash bros and release her anger, if she needed to have some down time she’d throw in some animal crossing to distress. There was a perfect game for every situation

She turns to Chaeyoung’s backpack that was left next to her, for ‘safe keeping’ if she remembers correctly, not that she was even listening fully.

‘I don’t think anyone in this building would steal her bag. Not because they shouldn’t, but because they’re terrified of what could be in there’

Occasionally Mina would glance at girl before her. Despite being quite short she was a lot stronger than Mina had anticipated, carrying more than three chairs at once, she was going to finish a lot quicker than expected, which was probably her plan in the first place.

As Mina was in deep thought she almost misses the hand extended to her. She looks up to find a shy smile greeting her.

“Son Chaeyoung, we didn’t introduce each other properly. Hi”

Mina scans the girl before cautiously taking the hand

“Myoui Mina. Hi”

“May I?”

Mina scoots over a bit mumbling something like ‘oh sure’

She watches Chaeyoung sit down through the corner of her eye and rummage through her bag, the tattoos that littered her arm were on display, all unique in their own right. Mina watches her face change from deadly glare to happy smile as she pulls out a sketchbook.

‘If someone told me if this girl was a delinquent, I’d think they were kidding’

Deciding not to dwell on the intangible factors that prevent Chaeyoung from being a teenage criminal, Mina goes back to her game, becoming immersed into the world of Hyrule, looking at Chaeyoung once or twice just to see what she was doing. In all honesty she didn’t know how much she was looking until the girl spoke to her.

“Do you wanna see?” she asks without looking up

Mina doesn’t exactly know what to say, she didn’t mean to get caught, but she doesn’t want to offend the girl by saying no even if she wants too.

“Um, okay”

Chaeyoung wordlessly holds up her sketchbook, showing a drawing of, well of…

“Is that me?”

Mina takes the book and scans it, it was her. It looked really good too, her hair was falling off her shoulders like a waterfall, her eyes her body position, everything was so realistic.

“Mhmm, I usually just draw what’s around me and it just happened to be well, you” She laughs out the last part “And you were so immersed in your game you were still, the perfect model”

“I-I see…It’s very good” Something about being called a perfect model so passively doesn’t sit right with Mina, how a person is so free spirited to give a compliment like that is beyond her.

Chaeyoung hums happily and sets down the sketchbook, she leans in more and Mina is starting to feel some type of way. This girl was little too friendly

“What are you playing?”

Mina turns back to her switch, what was she playing again?

“Legend of Zelda”

Chaeyoung hums again.

“Have you ever thought why Link doesn’t have a voice?”

“I can’t say I have”

“I’ll tell you why” Chaeyoung pauses for dramatic effect, not that the conversation was dramatic in the first place “Brain damage”

Mina raises a brow at the girl.

“Brain damage?”

Chaeyoung nods her head frantically “Yeah, it’s a Nintendo conspiracy – listen, Link rolls around into stuff right? Objects, enemies, walls, you know hard things. So of course over a long period of time it’s gonna damage this dude’s head, and that traumatic brain injury means he can’t speak”

Mina just stress at the girl when she finishes

‘Is…Is she for real? Nintendo conspiracy? What a weirdo’

“I can tell you’re shocked, but games aren’t the only thing with hidden conspiracies, real life does too”

“Wrong” Mina shakes her head at that

Chaeyoung she raises a brow

“Wrong?”

“Wrong”

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter