The Events That Took Place

You're living, but are you Alive?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys it's me, are you doing good, drinking water, eating well, staying safe? I hope so. I am incredibly sorry for being incredibly late but you know education and life, but I've finished this chapter andd now it's here so yeah, have a good day/night wherever you are, enjoy :)

TW - implied murder 

--------------------

Sunday – 11:19am 

Mina couldn’t place the feeling she has when she walks with Chaeyoung to a little corner shop, she thinks it should be worry as she’s skipping church, something she’s never done in her whole 17 years of existence, but it’s not. It was in fact quite the opposite, she felt calm in the silence between the two a silent agreement of being content with each other’s presence.

They reach the store fairly quickly as Chaeyoung had said and she goes straight to the confectionary aisle.

“You want anything?” She says to Mina, still scanning the shelves

“No, not really…” She’s about to say something else when Chaeyoung breathes out a laugh

“Too bad, I’m getting you something” she takes out a little skittles packet “You like these right?”

Mina nods

“I’ll take two”

“You don’t hav--”

“I know, it’s a choice Myoui, ever heard of it?” Chaeyoung looks at her then, grinning a bit “I joke, I joke, let’s go, I got what I wanted”

Mina looks at Chaeyoung’s hands then back to meet her eyes with a raised brow

“Chewing gum? That’s it?”

She chuckles again “Hey, the bible says not to judge”

She shakes the packet like it’s meant to convince Mina that she’s making a good purchase, her grin growing wider.

“It’s strawberry”

Chaeyoung doesn’t say much, if any at all after that when she reaches the counter, smiling as she pays and tosses the two packets of sweets to Mina. She goes straight to the gum and rips open a packet, undoing the foil that’s wrapped around her prize and pops the strip of gum into .

“Perfect, isn’t that right Myoui?”

Mina shrugs her shoulders carefully opening her own sweets

“I guess so” she sighs out “Shouldn’t we be walking a bit quicker, what if someone’s noticed that we’ve go--” a finger is pressed against her lips

“Calm down, we’ll be fine” Chaeyoung blows a bubble until it pops “Trust me”

Mina rolls her eyes “The last time I trusted you my hair got messed up”

“And yet here you are, again, with me, not where you’re supposed to be” Her large eyes widen even more “That rhymed, I should be a rapper”

She does a weird pose with a completely straight face “Don’t I look cool enough Myoui?”  

Mina who was holding in a snort looks away

“No”

Chaeyoung fake gasps

“Hater”

It causes Mina’s head to whip around

“Hater? Me? I’m a realist, you’re not a rapper”

“That’s something a hater would say”

“I’m not a hater”

“Tell that to my agent”

“Oh my gosh” Mina is giggling uncontrollably “What agent?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know, hater”

Both are laughing, Mina’s eyes are closed so she doesn’t see Chaeyoung stop dead in her tracks, she doesn’t see her scramble to take off her oversized hoodie with a mumbled ‘’

“Hey hey hey hey, hey! Myoui, put this on”

Mina looks at her confused

“What?”

A large hoodie is shoved into her hands

“Put it on”

“I- Why?”

“Just” Chaeyoung bites back a harsh response “Put it on… please”

Mina, though incredible confused and slightly distraught, puts it on, not prepared for no less than a second later Chaeyoung shoves the large hood over her head, has her hand in a secure grip and takes off running, the church girl almost tripping at the speed

“And I swear to God!” Chaeyoung says “You better keep that Goddamn hood on!”

Mina reaches to hold the hood with her free hand, it’s obscuring her vision slightly but she can manage, what she doesn’t understand is this sudden change in Chaeyoung, for once she seemed to be genuinely worried about something, Chaeyoung’s ‘I don’t care’ attitude had completely disappeared that raised the most questions in Mina’s head.

Soon enough both pairs of feet stop, and with some trepidation Mina removes the hood from her head, they were back at church, and her hair was messed up, again.

It takes a couple of seconds for Mina to register what had just happened

“What exactly was that Son?”

“I- I thought I saw…an officer”

“And running was the best option?” Mina isn’t even looking, she’s trying to look presentable to some degree “Wouldn’t that just make you look more suspicious?”

“Look Myoui you don’t understand, all of them are keeping tabs on me, on us…they know I’m meant to be well” she gestures to the building “Here…If they saw me I’d be in trouble, and if they saw you with me it would probably be worse, it would be a move to have you on their radar because of me”

It was a viable explanation, and when Mina finally meets Chaeyoung’s eyes she can see sincerity in them.

“Then…I guess I should feel some type of gratitude towards you, though your methods of protection are unorthodox”

It makes Chaeyoung smile more, it was the blaring of her phone that makes Chaeyoung look down but Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter