Chapter Two - Human Day

Kitten And Penguin

The Next Day

 

"Hmm wow... That was a good sleep........" Hyunjin woke up, as she rubbed her eyes.

 

Hyunjin then paused for a moment. Why does she suddenly feel skin instead of fur...?

 

"Hold up- am I dreaming again or what..." Hyunjin asked herself as she realizes that she's sleeping in a bed, that's not her usual kitty small bed.

 

It's a bed for humans!

 

"You're not dreaming Hyunjin. Get up. You're a human now." The same zookeeper from yesterday said as he walked into the room.

 

"Wait- I'm a human....? You've got to be joking, right..?"

 

"Nope not joking. Come on, get up. You don't wanna waste your day with Chuu today, right?"

 

Hyunjin nodded, which surprised her that the fact that she could nod.

 

She stood up. Surprised again because of her long legs!

 

She was wearing a yellow hoodie with a cute cat symbol on the back, with jeans.

 

"Nice outfit. I have some pretty good fashion sense if I say so myself." The zookeeper said as he then headed out, Hyunjin following him.

 

"Wait. Explain to me what this is all about." Hyunjin asked, following the man.

 

"Well... Remember yesterday I told you that you could spend a day with Chuu right? I decided to turn you both into humans so you guys can actually communicate with each other.." The zookeeper said.

 

"How did you turn us into humans?!?!! Are you perhaps- GASP ARE YOU A SHAPESHIFTER MAGICIAN?!!?"

 

"No no... I'm Hwang Minhyun! You know... Religion Minhyun..." Minhyun said. (If ur a Wanna One fan you should know what I'm talking about. From Weekly Idol)

 

"I'm a God basically. Working alongside God Jihyo and Holy Jisoos."

 

"Look here. As much as I want to make you both into humans forever, I can't do that. Only God Jihyo can. So.... You're only humans for 24 hours. Make sure you both have the best day of your lives because after you'll be turned back into your respective animals. Forever. Unless God Jihyo approves of this then maybe it'll depend, but it's probably gonna be forever." Minhyun said.

 

"Take this watch and wear it on your wrist. That just shows you how much time you have." Minhyun said as he gave Hyunjin the golden watch.

 

"As much as I want to keep you and raise you, that isn't possible because I'm a God. As much as I want the zoo to keep you because of your disgusting owner I also can't let that happen." Minhyun sighed as he looked towards Hyunjin.

 

"Well... It's fine I guess God Minhyun." Hyunjin said as she wore the golden watch.

 

"And.... We're here.. Meet Chuu!" Minhyun said as he walked through the penguin habitat and found a human that was out of the cage, sitting on the ground and looking everywhere curiously.

 

Chuu was wearing a cute peach colour penguin sweater with a white skirt, also wearing a cute black beret on her head.

 

"Good morning Chuu! Luckily there isn't anyone here yet. But greet Hyunjin, the cute baby kitty that has been playing with you." Minhyun said as he helped Chuu up onto her human feet.

 

Hyunjin has to admit. Chuu in human form is the cutest thing ever.

 

"W-what...?! I'm a human???" Chuu exclaimed.

 

"Yup. But just for a day. Anyways, Hyunjin. Meet Chuu. The penguin you've been playing with for weeks now." Minhyun said as he brought Hyunjin over to Chuu.

 

"You're.... The penguin I've been playing with right..?" Hyunjin pointed towards Chuu.

 

Chuu nodded.

 

"I guess so."

 

"Well, and with that have fun you two. You can roam around the zoo freely or go outside the zoo, your choice!" Minhyun said as he saluted, then disappeared into thin air.

 

Hyunjin and Chuu watched Minhyun disappear before staring at each other again.

 

"Come on! We can't waste this day together!" Hyunjin exclaimed as she held Chuu's hand and ran out of the penguin habitat.

 

"Wait!" Chuu shouted, stopping Hyunjin from running.

 

Hyunjin looked towards Chuu, curious as to why she stopped her.

 

Chuu then suddenly spread her arms wide and hugged Hyunjin, her face on her shoulder.

 

Hyunjin was blushing. She was. But she didn't really know what blushing means, but she does know that her heart was beating faster than before.

 

"Wow..... You're still as warm as ever..."

 

"A-ah yeah........" Hyunjin awkwardly said as she scratched the back of her head, same action as her scratching her cat ears. 

 

The habit doesn't go away even when they are humans eh?

 

"Shall we continue?" Chuu asked, smiling widely towards the flustered Hyunjin.

 

Hyunjin nodded as she unknowingly held Chuu's hand again as they were walking.

 

"Wow! It's the swans!" Chuu exclaimed as she dragged Hyunjin towards the pond.

 

"Oh! Wait! I know her!" Hyunjin said as she pointed to a beautiful swan.

 

Chuu nodded as she looked at Hyunjin.

 

"What was her name again?"

 

"You idiot! I even know her name! It's Yves!" Chuu playfully slapped Hyunjin's arm.

 

"Oh right! Yves! That's right..."

 

Hyunjin smiled at Chuu and Chuu smiled back cutely.

 

"Let's go somewhere else, out of this zoo!" Hyunjin suggested.

 

"Sure! Where though....?"

 

"I don't know... I guess we'll go for a little adventure outside the zoo and find many new things." Hyunjin exclaimed as she ran, never letting Chuu's hand go.

 

After running for awhile they finally found the exit to the zoo and ran out. Chuu then slowed down a bit.

 

"How are you not tired from running??" Chuu asked as she stopped running and took a break, catching her breath.

 

Hyunjin shrugged.

 

"I don't know.. Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked as she looked towards Chuu with concerning eyes.

 

"I'm okay! I'm totally fine!" Chuu said as she gave Hyunjin a reassuring smile.

 

"That's good.. Sorry.."

 

Chuu tilted her head.

 

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong!" Chuu exclaimed as she took Hyunjin's hand and held it tight.

 

They seem to love holding each other's hands as they won't let go as they now started walking.

 

They kept walking with each other, talking about random things that happened while they were still animals.

 

But one thing caught Chuu's eyes.

 

"Wow! I know those things! They're called ice creams and you can eat them!"

 

Chuu then led the both of them to the ice cream parlour.

 

"Hi! Can we get two chocolate ice creams please?" Chuu ordered.

 

The ice cream guy nodded as he scooped the ice creams onto the cone, giving it to the both of them.

 

"Thank you!"

 

"It's for free don't worry! Only special to you guys." The man smiled at the cute couple as they thanked the ice cream man.

 

"I think God Minhyun have done something to him to get ice cream for free." Chuu said.

 

Hyunjin nodded as she took a big bite of the ice cream, immediately regretting it.

 

"AHHHHH BRAIN FREEZE!!" Hyunjin shouted as her teeth also hurt from the coldness.

 

"oH nO! I forgot to tell you to not eat it in a big bite because it could hurt you!" Chuu exclaimed as she was panicking, trying to help Hyunjin.

 

"I-I'm okay................................" Hyunjin said, after awhile of jumping around and melting the ice cream inside to drink it.

 

Chuu giggled, half relieved that Hyunjin was now okay and the other half of how ridiculous and cute Hyunjin was. Hyunjin then later joined in with Chuu by laughing.

 

"I'm so stupid..." Hyunjin lightly knocked on her head.

 

"You're so cute!" Chuu exclaimed as she held Hyunjin's hand again.

 

Hyunjin smiled widely as they kept walking, finishing up the ice cream.

 

"Wow....... That's a big flower..." Hyunjin said, looking up at a tree.

 

"Yeah....." Chuu nodded.

 

"I've never seen this before.." Chuu said, examining the tree.

 

"Really? It's a very big flower that you can climb. I climb it all the time when I was a kitty."

 

They both smiled to each other, before continuing to walk.

 

They kept walking, being the cuties they were while walking around. They sat down on a hill, looking at the sky and sun, which was going down as the day is almost coming to an end.

 

"Look... The sun is going down...." Hyunjin sighed as she checked her golden watch.

 

7:50.........

4h 10m 50s........

 

"We still have a lot of time left..." Hyunjin said, smiling towards Chuu who was looking at the sunset.

 

"Mhm..." Chuu hummed as she snuggled closer to Hyunjin, resting her head on Hyunjin's shoulder.

 

"You know... In a few hours we'll go back to being a kitty or a penguin...." Chuu sighed.

 

"Yeah.... I've always dreamt of growing into a big cat and protecting the penguins from any danger ever since I met you." Hyunjin confesses, looking at Chuu that was closing her eyes.

 

"That's very.... Cute of you.." Chuu giggles.

 

"I wonder if after this day we would meet again..."

 

Chuu lifted her head from Hyunjin's shoulder and looked into Hyunjin's eyes.

 

"What do you mean? We'll always meet at the zoo.. But we won't be able to communicate that well as we are right now..." 

 

"No.... I mean that I'm going back to my original owner.. I'm basically a stray cat that escaped from home." Hyunjin sadly said, looking down.

 

Chuu suddenly felt emotional as tears started welling up.

 

"S-so... After this... We might not meet each other again...?"

 

Hyunjin sadly nodded.

 

"Don't worry.... Maybe we'll meet in heaven again and meet God Minhyun again... Who knows.." Hyunjin said, trying to cheer up Chuu and herself.

 

"I'll remember you then... Your human form and your cat form.. So we can meet again in the future!" Chuu said, cheering herself up, wiping her fallen tears.

 

"Y-you're.... You're crying...?" Hyunjin exclaimed as she immediately hugged Chuu, which only led to Chuu crying harder.

 

"Don't cry. We'll meet each other again." Hyunjin smiled, promising Chuu.

 

Hyunjin then checked her watch again. Time sure flies by quickly....

 

11:59

0h 0m 55s

 

"One minute left!" Hyunjin panicked.

 

Hyunjin quickly without wasting anytime, leaned in and captured Chuu's lips.

 

Chuu was surprised, of course, but kissed back. Since it's only one minute she might as well just enjoy the last minute of them together while being humans.

 

As if by coincidence, stars started falling down as it made the sky look wonderful and marvellous...

 

11:59

0h 0m 10s

 

The remaining ten seconds is of them still kissing until the end, where they turn back into their respective animals. Chuu's arms wrapped around Hyunjin's neck while Hyunjin's was wrapped around her hips.

 

12:00

0h 0m 0s