Two

Her Dancer - JenLisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

»»————- TWO ————-««

 

“Hi”

 

Lisa settled at the center of the studio room. She bowed at the three panels sitting in front of her with a paper on their hand. “Hi.” She smiled.

 

“Please introduce yourself.”

 

“I’m Lalisa Manoban. Lisa for short. Twenty-three years old. I’m Thai but I’ve transferred here in Korea since I was fourteen.”

 

One of the judges nodded his head, “How long have you been dancing?”

 

“I’ve been dancing since I was four sir. My mother took me to a dance class and I’ve never stopped since.”

 

“It says here that you are about to graduate college. With a course that is very much different than what you will do here.” A woman looked at her curiously, “If you’ll get this job, Miss Manoban, you are to focus solely on your role. Are you aware of that?”

 

“I’m well aware of that ma’am. But I figured that since dancing is my passion, I would be very happy to do it forever. So why not give it a shot before I’ll regret not doing it.”

 

“Okay. Good.”

 

Lisa smiled and nodded.

 

“Just so you know, we will be recording your dance so we can recheck and reevaluate everything later. We will also show it to the artist and get her opinion. Okay?” Another woman said.

 

“Okay, I understand”

 

“Show us what you got then.”

 

“Oh, I just... Can I change my footwear first?” She pointed at her bag lying on the floor next to her.

 

“Sure. Go ahead.”

 

Lisa hurriedly changed to her high heeled boots then slowly ran towards the center of the studio again once done.

 

“Ready?” A judge said

 

“Ready.”


Lisa turned around and moved to a sitting kneel position. She took a moment to calm herself down then signaled the crew to switch the music on. She will be dancing to Mushroom Chocolate.

 

As soon as Lisa heard the music, it was like a drug injected right into her veins just enough to tingle and kick start her body to move. Her eyes completely changed from shy orbs to an alluring set of glazy dazzling brown one, as if she’s trying to convey to everyone that this is her true form, that she is Lalisa Manoban and this is her stage.

 

Her movements flow with grace and ease that took away the breath of every person in the studio. With each , glides she took from one place to another, and every snap that coordinates with the beat of the music, it became more obvious how much emotion she is trying to convey.

 

It is amazing how she moves like her limbs were half liquid in perfect rhythm and every snap still looks strong. She expressed through movement and it was more breathtaking as she held unto the eye contact she set at the camera since she began dancing; as if she’s talking to the person who will be watching the video later.

 

When the music is about to end, she glides her body ily unto the floor, still maintaining that expression that screams look-at-me-and-only-me. And with that, she ended her performance with one last seductive look at the camera.

 

When the music completely stopped, she slowly stood up and bowed, waiting for the panels to comment or react. A few seconds later and they slowly stood up and clapped their hands. As if they just got out of a trance.

 

“Wow! That was… amazing! I don’t know how to describe what I feel right now.” One of the judges said.

 

“I know what you mean. I think I need some cold water right now”, followed by the other and everyone snickered at the remark.

 

“Indeed. I am not being biased but that was the most amazing so far.” The only man among the judges chuckled.

 

Lisa smiled and murmured a thank you.

 

“I’m curious, how did you come up with that concept?”

 

“Oh. Uhm... I’ve always been dancing in sneakers and hip-hop mostly, so I figured I’d challenge myself to do something different today. And that is dancing a y dance in high heels.”

 

“That’s… brave.”

 

“Thank you” She bowed again.

 

“Well Miss Manoban, thank you for that astounding performance. We can’t wait to show it to the artist as well. That was beyond terrific.” The panels smiled, “We will call you once the results are out. Okay?”

 

“Okay. Thank you!”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

Lisa immediately went to the side to get her bag and exited the studio just in time for her to hear them call the next participant.

 

»»————-  ————-««

 

“Yow Lisa! Long time no see!” Seulgi settled towards Lisa as soon as she came into the dance studio.

 

“Hey Deulgi. You’ve been busy huh?”

 

“Yeah. Had to do some pre-graduation stuff blablabla”

 

Lisa snickered. “Ah so you’re really going to graduate~”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter