Drunken Escapades and Dirty Rooms

Come, Tell Me How You Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Summary:

In which Minho makes some bad decisions, wakes up, regrets those bad decisions and then does what he always does - calls Jihoon to come bail him out.

Notes:

I'm really dishing out the updates, this is a rare occurrence. Do not get used to it.

I feel like I went too heavy with the prologue, something I didn't realise until I actually sat down to read it, but meh. It works.

I just want to point out that the actual story is going to be pretty light hearted.

And now we have Minho's rather unreliable opening narration. Enjoy!

 

The first thing that Minho sees when he wakes up is the ceiling. Damp, discolored and painted a depressing shade of oatmeal. 

He focuses on the large cobwebs festooned in the corners of the room as he tries to get his bearings. 

Room? Unfamiliar. 

Date? Don't know. 

House? Not his. 

Drunk, disoriented and disappointed in himself? 

Yes, yes and yes. 

Luckily, the room is still dark. He stretches and rolls off the bed, doing his best to ignore the warm body sprawled beside him, snoring into oblivion. He s around in the shadows for his clothes and succeeds in finding his trousers, paint smeared and sticky with spilled beer. His socks are nowhere to be seen. 

Head pounding, he props himself on the wall and pulls his trousers on. A thin ray of weak sunlight falls on his face, sparkling on suspended dust. The air is thick with the smell of sweat and dirty sheets. He gags a little.

He vaguely remembers a bathroom off the hallway. It's in an even worse state than the bedroom. The mirror hanging over the cracked washbasin is speckled with spots of rust. There are large outgrowths of mold around the shower taps, and a cockroach skitters across the tiles. 

He decides to try his luck with the medicine cabinet and finds an unopened toothbrush and an almost expired blister pack of paracetamol. He makes use of both and washes his face, wincing at the dark circles beneath his eyes.

He finds his coat thrown over a chair by the bedroom door with phone, keys and wallet bulging in the front pocket. He still can't locate his hoodie, so he puts the coat on bare chested.

It wouldn't be his first time going home without a shirt anyway.

 


* * *

 


Minho makes his way down the lane, jumps a fence, crosses a dewy field and finds the high street leading back into town. His phone is near dead, inundated with texts and missed calls, probably from his mother and Jihoon. 

He hunches his shoulders and walks past two bakeries, eventually ducking into the door of a cafe. He gruffly asks the girl behind the till if he can use the Wi-Fi, then orders a coffee, black, no sugar. 

The girl seems to pity him and pushes a dry hot cross bun onto his coffee saucer, probably thinking he was homeless or some kind of tramp off the streets. He doesn't deny the notion, shooting her a smile that he hopes looks grateful and not de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter