Fear

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon So Min was humming cheerfully while waiting for her food delivery to arrive. She was focusing on her phone screen and it was interrupted by a sudden phone call. Her brows furrowed when she noticed the name of the caller.

“Eomeoni?” She looked confused but she still managed to press the green button.

“Yeoboseyo.” Said So-Min.

“Oh, So-Min ah. I’m sorry to call you in the middle of the night.”

“It’s okay, eomeoni. Did something happen?”

“Perhaps, is Ji-Hyo still staying with you?”

So-Min couldn’t be more confused with Ji-Hyo’s mother question.

“Eonni? We only managed to have a dinner last night. She hasn’t call me yet. What happened, eomeoni?”

“Mwo? She is not with you? Oh my Gosh, do you have any idea where is she?”

Something is definitely not right, So-Min thought. Her heart started to pound and she becomes as nervous as Ji-Hyo’s mother.

“Eomeoni, have you check with Jong-Kook oppa? Eonni might be with him.”

“I did, So-Min ah. I tried to call Jong-Kook and I was directed to his secretary. Jong-Kook is currently not in Seoul. Could you please help me ask Kwang-Soo if he knows where Ji-Hyo is?”

“Arasso, eomeoni. So, eonni hasn’t come back home yet since yesterday?”

“Yes. I’m very worried if something happened to her.”

So-Min is as well very worried too because she is currently carrying another human inside her tummy.

“Eomeoni, I will report her missing if it has exceeded 24 hours. You can count on me.”

“Thank you so much, So-Min ah. Eomeoni will be waiting for your call.”

As soon as the line disconnected, So-Min quickly scroll through her phone screen again and searched for Kwang-Soo’s contact. Her fingers are trembling badly and it feels like she is losing her strength. She quickly dialed Kwang-Soo’s number and let out an exaggerate sigh when it took very long for Kwang-Soo to answer.

“Ya! Why does it take so long for you to answer?” She said annoyingly and she almost cursed at Kwang-Soo on the phone. She could hear the loud sound of the music from the other side and she rolled her eyes, knowing where Kwang-Soo is right now.

“What did you say? Speak louder, So-Min ah. The club is swarming.”

“Kwang-Soo ya, is Ji-Hyo eonni with you?”

“Mwo? Who? I can’t hear you.”

“Ya, you tall jerk! Get out for a while!” She shouted.

“Get what? You want me to get you something?”

So-Min exhaled sharply as she gritted her teeth. The current situation is very stressful for her. Her best friend is missing and she is pregnant. Who wouldn’t be worried?

“I said get out from the building for a while.” She screamed while narrowing the distance between her lips and her phone so that Kwang-Soo could hear her.

Thankfully, several seconds later she no longer hear the loud sound of the music and it becomes more quiet now.

“What is it, So-Min ah?”

“Is eonni with you?” Asked So-Min impatiently.

“You mean Ji-Hyo noona?”

“Of course, pabo ya! Is she with you?”

“Noona hasn’t call me for several days already and she is not with me. Why? Did something happen?”

So-Min’s legs jellied and she sat on the couch straight away.

“She is not with you? Then, where is she? Eomeoni called me saying that she is not home since yesterday.”

“What? Are you freaking serious? I will call Jong-Kook hyung.”

“He is not in Seoul.”

“I know. His business trip is only a day and he will be in Gimpo Airport by 10.30. It’s 30 minutes from now. I will rush to Gimpo. Call the police and report her missing if you can’t reach her. I will hang up now.”

“Ya, Lee Kwang Soo! Ya!”

She tried to talk again but Kwang-Soo has disconnected the line. So-Min couldn’t even hide her own curiosity and anxiety. Where is she going? Ji-Hyo is not the type of person who will go missing without informing people in her surroundings. Moreover, she is pregnant. Do you think a pregnant lady will do things to harm herself? No right? There must be someone behind this incident.

**

Gimpo Airport

The sky has gone dark and the last flight from Jeju Island has touched down the airport safely. Kim Jong Kook walked out quickly from the security check and he couldn’t be more surprised when he saw a tall figure of a man was running towards his direction. He removed his sunglasses only to see if he is really seeing Lee Kwang Soo.

Meanwhile, Kwang-Soo was panting heavily as he ran like a hungry beast just now. If he didn’t, he will not get the chance to see Jong-Kook directly.

“Ya, why are you here? Why are you even running like that?” Asked Jong-Kook.

Kwang-Soo was still panting heavily and he dragged Jong-Kook out from the airport, making Jong-Kook even more puzzled now.

“We have to be quick. There is no enough time.” Said Kwang-Soo without minding Jong-Kook.

“What did you say?” Jong-Kook asked because the voices from the surrounding were quite loud.

“Get into my car.”

Jong-Kook rolled his eyes disbelieve. “Ya! My driver is waiting.”

However, Kwang-Soo ignored Jong-Kook as he opened his car door and pushed Jong-Kook inside. Luckily, Jong-Kook didn’t bring any luggage with him but only a small briefcase. He is not staying overnight so of course he is not bringing a luggage with him.

“Ya. Are you kidnapping me?” Jong-Kook started to feel annoyed.

Kwang-Soo looked at Jong-Kook who is sitting on the passenger seat with a serious gaze.

“Hyung, noona is missing.” Said Kwang-Soo.

“What do you mean missing?” Jong-Kook was blank.

Kwang-Soo sighed. “She is missing, hyung. Her mother was looking for her as she hasn’t come home since yesterday. She didn’t give me or So-Min a call. We are all very worry if something bad might happen to her.”

For a while, Jong-Kook feels like his world is collapsing and the uneasy feeling started to linger through his heart. He swore that he will not let anything to happen to his wife.

“First, let’s go to my house. I will ask Dong-Hoon to come too.” Said Jong-Kook and he dialed Dong-Hoon’s number straight away, telling him to gather in his house.

“Yes, hyung. Hold on tight. I will have to be very fast.” Said Kwang-Soo as he started the engine.

“Ya! Stop talking and make it fast.” Jong-Kook raised his voice because he started to become panic.

The ride from Gimpo Airport to Cheoongdam-dong supposed to take approximately 30 minutes but thanks to Kwang-Soo’s quick ride that they arrived faster than they expected. The only problem that Kwang-Soo need to worry is that the possibility of him being fined for speeding.

When both Kwang-Soo and Jong-Kook arrived, they could see that Dong-Hoon is already sitting on the couch, waiting for both of them.

“Ya, I am waiting nervously for both of you. What happened?” Asked Dong-Hoon impatiently.

“Let’s go to my study room.” Jong-Kook replied, leading both of them to his study room in the second floor.

The three of them were looking at each other anxiously and the attention is to Kwang-Soo.

“How long has she been missing? We can report to the police if it exceeded 24 hours already.” Said Dong-Hoon.

Kwang-Soo nodded his head. “I told the same thing to So-Min. I trust her than she can do that. Hyung, try to track her phone. We might be able to locate her through that.”

Jong-Kook quickly opened the application on his phone and he sighed angrily when it didn’t go as how he expects. “I can’t locate her. Her phone is dead.” He said frustrated.

“Just what is she doing out there? Isn’t it very strange? I mean she is a very thoughtful and open-minded person that I don’t think she will do anything stupid.” Dong-Hoon added.

Both Jong-Kook and Kwang-Soo agrees. They knew her very well and she is not the type of person who suddenly goes missing without any notice. The three started to think inside their head and it went silent for a while.

“Hyung, why I couldn’t see Park Han Byul? Is she still staying?” Asked Dong-Hoon suddenly.

Jong-Kook moved his gaze to Dong-Hoon. “Han-Byul? I don’t know. Ever since Ji-Hyo left the house, I rarely come home and I don’t pay attention to her as well.”

Dong-Hoon noticed that something is not right. “You better go check, hyung.” He suggested.

Jong-Kook didn’t deny but to walked out from his study room to the guest room where Han-Byul stayed. He opened the door loudly and no one was in that room. The only one left is the little girl was sleeping peacefully in the nursery beside. Jong-Kook closed the door slowly, trying not to wake Yoo-Ra up as he looked for the maid.

“Ahjumma.” He called loudly from the living room.

“Hyung, it’s 11.30 and it’s almost midnight. Don’t you think your maid needs some time to rest too?” Said Dong-Hoon when he heard Jong-Kook’s voice was roaring very harsh.

Jong-Kook doesn’t care of course. Even if he has to wake the whole home up, he still doesn’t care. It is his wife who is missing. Who can stay calm in such situation?

“Yes, doryeonim?”

Surprisingly, the maid is still coming out for Jong-Kook.

“Ahjumma, perhaps do you see Han-Byul going out before I come back?” Jong-Kook asked impatiently.

There was a brief silence as the maid tried to recall the memory. She didn’t feel anything strange until something popped in her head. “I saw her walking through the back door and she dressed strangely.” The maid said.

“She dressed strangely?” Asked Jong-Kook, tried to get what she means.

The maid nodded spontaneously. “She was wearing a black coat, a mask and a cap. She looked like she is sneaking out.”

The three looked at each other as they have the same thought. Han-Byul must have something to do with this.

“Ji-Hyo is missing and Han-Byul is sneaking out. I don’t think there is such coincidence.” Said Dong-Hoon after a brief of silence between them.

However, Kwang-Soo suddenly squealed in surprise making both Jong-Kook and Dong-Hoon to look at him.

“Ya. Don’t act silly now. It’s not the time for that.” Jong-Kook warned.

“Hyung, her smart watch.” Kwang-Soo replied.

“You’re right. She is wearing a smart watch.”

Jong-Kook quickly his laptop as he worked with the security system on his PC in order to track Ji-Hyo’s whereabouts. Luckily, he learned information technology aside from business. It could be useful in such situation. It will be very time consuming if he waited for IT people instead.

“Hyung, I don’t know if you are able to hack into someone’s device. You are very impressive.” Said Dong-Hoon when he sees how focused Jong-Kook is with his PC. He looked like a professional in both Dong-Hoon and Kwang-Soo’s eyes.

Kwang-Soo rolled his eyes. “Ya. It’s not the time to joke around.”

“Both of you shut up. I’m trying to get the IP Address.” Said Jong-Kook seriously as his hands kept on dancing on the keyboards and his eyes are glued to the screen.

The two shuts up immediately and watched Jong-Kook in silence. Now that they will not deny the fact that this muscled is very smart. It feels like he is capable of anything. However, hacking into a smart device is not that easy. Kim Jong Kook might be smart but it took quite a long time too for him to succeed. Little did he know, an hour has passed.

“Hyung, are you sure you can do it? We can ask professional instead.” Said Dong-Hoon because it feels like anxiety will kill him anytime because it takes very long.

Jong-Kook’s eyes are still focused on the screen. “I’m almost there.”

Dong-Hoon sighed and he took a glance at Kwang-Soo. He looked a little hopeless but Kwang-Soo gave him a light pat as if saying ‘just believe him’.

30 minutes passed and both Dong-Hoon and Kwang-Soo feel like they are going to fall asleep already but Jong-Kook’s loud squeal startled both of them.

“I get it.” He screamed excitedly.

Dong-Hoon and Kwang-Soo approached Jong-Kook with a very high expectation. He must succeeded in tracking her location.

“Where is she, hyung?”

Jong-Kook’s eyes narrowed. “Where is this? It seems like a remote area near Namsan.”

“Namsan? Ya, I can hold it anymore. Let’s go there and bring police with us.” Said Kwang-Soo.

However, before Jong-Kook could reply, the maid appeared in front of them.

“Doryeonim, Han-Byul agasshi has come back.”

Jong-Kook stood up from his chair straight away. “Both of you can go home. I’m sure that I can find her.”

“Hyung, Ji-Hyo is also our friend. How could you expect us to just sit at home and do our activities like usual?” Said Dong-Hoon and he sounded frustrated.

“Stay here then. I will talk to Han-Byul.” Jong-Kook replied as he vanished from their eyesight.

Dong-Hoon could see anger from Jong-Kook’s eyes and he knew it will not be lovely to watch. He decided to just stay in the study room along with Kwang-Soo and let Jong-Kook to deal with Han-Byul alone.

In the other hand, Jong-Kook’s hand balled into a tight fist when he saw Han-Byul was walking casually into the house as if nothing really happened. The maid was right. She was wearing a black rain coat, a black cap and a mask like she is disguising herself. He walked to her impatiently and gave her a cold stare.

“Where have you been?” Asked Jong-Kook coldly.

Han-Byul gulped at the same time her eyes met Jong-Kook’s. His eyes are dark and shows so much hatred.

“Me? I went to the convenience store.” She replied, showing him a black plastic bag indicating that she just bought something.

Jong-Kook’s expression went dark and his jaw tightened. “I ask where have you been. You better tell me honestly when I’m still asking you nicely.” Said Jong-Kook through his gritted teeth.

Han-Byul opened the plastic bag, showing him a carton of milk and cereal. “Do I look like I’m lying to you?” She asked back, giving him his most innocent look.

However, it makes Jong-Kook even angrier. He grabbed her by her chin as he gives pressure through his bulging fingers, making

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter