In Circle of Urges

In Circle of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Circle of Urges

Bang Yongguk took a long and deep breath before zipping up his thick padding jacket to his neck, both his hands were slipped inside its pockets as he continued marching out from a taxi. He had been waiting for this certain day to finally get to see her again. A small smile curled on his lips despite the unfriendly greeting from the cold wind as soon as he stepped out the vehicle. December was getting too harsh this year, he quietly blowed out his sigh, creating a white thick fog.

As soon as he saw the tall building where his girlfriend lived, he fastened his steps, his smile widened immediately. He’s excited, that’s for sure. Recently he rather found himself getting a bit odd. It didn’t seem like him, at least if he compared to the younger him. He certainly had been in a couple of relationships, yet, he never believed he would still have this weird sensation inside his stomach just for thinking about her, as if he’s some teenager experiencing first love.

Thinking about first love, he immediately shook his head and continued walking entering the building. His feet brought him to the café inside instead reaching the elevator, remembering she mentioned about a certain cheesecake when they first entered this building together a month ago. The memory was even surprising, the way he right away remembered the information despite only mentioned once.

The café was rather quiet, not many people inside this evening. Although he no longer cared about his appearance, he still preferred to be not recognized, especially in time like this. Well, the cashier certainly recognized him though. The way she smiled so wide had proved him enough as he paid his cheesecake. He wondered if he could visit this place again with the certain girlfriend sometime in the future.

Again, he shook the unnecessary thought and immediately left the place, going up heading 1210. Right, his parents were just next door, and he would of course visit them, later, perhaps. He’s mentally taking notes, to not forget telling them he’s in the city, or rather, he’s only next door.

A soft chuckle follow, although he concealed just after. Looking at his reflection inside the elevator, a smirk formed, he’s turning really odd, he admitted.

As he stood tall in front of the 1210 door, his hand rose and pressed the doorbell. Taking another deep breath, his free hand slipped inside his jacket pocket again, trying to keep himself warmer. He didn’t tell her he’s coming, not really a surprise plan, he just got a sudden day off which only informed this early morning. His head was so busy and with the sudden rising excitement, he ended up forgetting his own phone. Odd, or rather stupid, Bang Yongguk the perfectionist turned into odd-stupid man.

She’s supposed to be surprised. That’s what he believed would happen, but he turned to be the one flustered instead.

A man opened the door.

A man he didn’t recognize. And that man just mirrored his expression. Both of them had furrowed forehead, and an alert glare.

Yongguk took a step back, checking the door number, wishing he had stood in front of a wrong door. But he didn’t.

Standing in front of him a man whose appearance looked 3-4 years younger than him, slightly taller, and thinner. And certainly someone working in the entertainment industry. An actor? An idol? A singer? He couldn’t recognize the face, but from how this younger man looked, Yongguk was pretty sure he took care of his appearance. Who? Why?

“Bang Yongguk sunbaenim?” The man asked, looking even more flustered once he muttered his name. His gaze was full of question, certainly finding Yongguk’s presence unwelcome, it’s not like Yongguk himself was much different though.

A hoobae? A thought flashed inside his head as Yongguk looked at the man again, trying to remember this face. And yet, he failed. He seemed to have strayed himself from the industry for too long.

“Hi,” Yongguk decided to start with a greeting. He thought he should at least smile, but he scratched the idea immediately. This man wasn’t even welcoming, he had no reason to be civil either.

“I’m looking for Eunji-ssi,” he followed, straight to the point. If explanation should be given, it should be from her only. Not letting himself made dangerous wonder, Yongguk tried to calm himself.

The man in front of him rounded his eyes, he was pretty flabbergasted. Yongguk bet he might never expect Bang Yongguk BAP knew the owner of this house. The man took one step closer. “Excuse me, but what business do you have with her?” His voice was defensive.

And it made Yongguk’s lips twitched, forming a tiny smirk.

“Is she home?” he followed with a question rather than an answer. An uncomfortable heat started taking over his body, crawling through his spine and slowly going up.

“And if she is?” Not only him, the younger man, too, seemed to get provoked. His voice sounded much colder than before.

Yongguk’s gaze rose, meeting the younger man’s unfriendly glare.

“I don’t know why I have to explain this to you, but can you tell her I am here,” he kindly demanded, a forced smile lingered on his lips. “And tell her, I have her cheesecake. Thanks.” Finished him before he stepped back farther from the door.

“I don’t think I—

“Seungwoo-ya, who’s that?”

A familiar voice suddenly cut whatever the younger man was about to say. And hearing the not-so-much new name had alerted him. Seungwoo?

… I thought she has been hiding her boyfriend … Well, that’s what happened with Seugwoo, right?

He remembered that name, is this Seungwoo, that Seungwoo? The ‘expected’ boyfriend of her? The uncomfortable heat now had just overpowered his composure. His eyes were gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter