An Inward Dilemma

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

''Why do you live with your grandma?"

Jungkook blinked at the sudden question. "My parents passed away when Jaehyun was six." He'd gotten the same question many times, "I thought I already told you about it..." Saerom felt a sudden wave of guilt wash over her. She realized that she didn't know very much about Jungkook's past. "I'm sorry." Her words meant multiple things, she was sorry for his loss, and that she was only asking now. Jungkook smiled, "It's fine, so much time has already passed. I'll always miss them, but Jaehyun and I have both healed as much as we can." Some days it would be harder than others, but he still got through each day. 

"Did you actually like the birthday gift I got you?" The question seemed random, but Saerom had wanted to ask it anyway. Jungkook chuckled, "Yes, very much." She'd gotten him a cd of one of his favorite bands, and a box of snacks. His birthday had been almost right after the trip ended. And Saerom spent a few days secretly gathering information about the type of things he liked. They really had gotten very close between the trip and now. "What is your opinion of me?" Saerom's question made him laugh. "What's with the sudden interrogation? It's very out of character for you-" Jungkook froze when he noticed just how close they were. They hadn't moved away since Saerom put his bandage on, if anything they were closer. Saerom seemed to also notice the closeness, but she still urged him to speak. She was hoping his answer would help clear her head, she still wasn't sure what to think of Grandma Jeon's question. 

"I...think you're very different than when I first started talking to you." Saerom's head tilted to the side, "Is that a good thing?" It was an honest question, she wasn't trying to fish for a compliment. Jungkook hummed, "I think so. When I first met you, you were cold and distant, and now you're warm and close." Jungkook involuntarily leaned closer. "Your grandma asked me a question," Jungkook braced himself for what his grandma had said...but he didn't get the chance to hear it. 
"Kids, food!" 
Saerom and Jungkook immediately backed farther away from each other. Saerom's face felt warm, she hurriedly walked out of the bathroom. 

Saerom couldn't stop thinking of Grandma Jeon's question for the rest of dinner. 

Do I like him? 

~~~

That very question continued to plague her mind, even far into the night. 

What did it mean to truly like someone? Was it an action or an emoti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter