It Won't Always Be Like This

Milk And Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Saerom felt extremely drained once her breathing finally relaxed. Even though it had only been ten minutes, she felt like three hours had passed. During the entire ten minutes, Jungkook had never stopped telling her she was okay, that he was there, and to breath slowly. felt hoarse when she finally spoke, "Jungkook," she felt him slightly jump, "Uh hum?" He hummed softly, "Your hearts been beating really fast, did I scare you?" Jungkook could feel his cheeks flush, "Yeah, you scared the heck out of me." He scolded, a small smile took over her lips as she pulled away from his embrace. "Sorry." Jungkook waved his hand, "You don't have to apologies, I'm the one that followed you," he seemed awkward as he said that. Saerom looked down at the floor, "I guess you want an explanation?" She asked. Jungkook's shook his head, "Not unless you want to tell me." Saerom troubled her bottom lip, "I don't want to." He nodded, "That's fine." It got quite, but it wasn't awkward. Saerom finally spoke, "I saw my old classmate." Saerom paused, "The funny thing is, he's the milk boy in Yeji's town." Jungkook looked at her, "Kim Taehyung?" Jungkook had heard of him. Saerom nodded, "Yeah, when I heard the name of the other milk boy, I didn't think much of it--after all he mostly went by Tae or V in middle school." 

Maybe that was her fault, but Yeji, Jimin, and herself all tried to block him from their memories. 

Jungkook wanted to ask more, ask why it mattered, or if he was the reason she was having trouble. But he knew she didn't want to talk about it. "Lunch is over." He told her, Saerom nodded, "We should head back inside." Jungkook stood up, and reached a hand down to her. Saerom let him help her up, "Let's go."

~~~

The second Saerom stepped foot into the classroom, Jimin and Yeji jumped up, but before they could walk over to her, the teacher spoke. "It's nice of you two to join us. You two can take this as a warning, but next time you're late you'll have to get the proper punishment." The pair nodded, "Yes Ma'am." They mumbled. Saerom took her seat. Immediately Yeji launched into a whispered game of twenty questions. 

"Where were you? Why were you with Jungkook? Is everything okay? Why is your face so puffy?" Saerom sent her a smile, "I'm fine, we can talk after school." Yeji eyed her suspiciously, "Fine, but we will be talking." Saerom waved her hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah."

A similar conversation was happening just a few rows of chairs ahead. 

"Where were you? And why were you with Saerom." Unlike Yeji, Yoongi was w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter