12- My Sunshine

Why Not Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it's the third time his phone rings but Donghae doesn't pick up. Hyukjae watched how Donghae gets nervous everytime his phone vibrates or rings and he feels curious to know who's calling him but he wouldn't ask. as they ride the car and Hyukjae helps Donghae
to his father's house which he's going to stay for few day, Donghae phone vibrated again and again, which Donghae wouldn't respond to.

after parking the car, Hyukjae finally sighs and looks at Donghae "Hae, who's calling you" he asked "I know it's not my business but it keeps ringing and vibrating and look how you look" he said with concern because Donghae looked bad as a ghost "Is it Siwon" He asked. 

"It's nothing, i'm just not in the mood to receive calls" Donghae denies and tries to get down from the car then groans from the ache in his leg "I stepped on the wrong foot" he mocked. 

Hyukjae hurried to get down and rushing to help Donghae out of the car. together they got inside the house and into Donghae's old room "Here we are, sit here" Hyukjae helped Donghae sitting on the sofa and started scanning the room. the wall had a lot of photos stuck on it,he guessed it's Donghae's growing up photos. he went to check them.

Smiling at a baby Donghae, Hyukjae saw Donghae's photos for when he was one year to college days, he's still the same, cute little baby "You haven't changed" He pointed out and chuckled but frowned next when his eyes landed on a photo of Donghae with Siwon and without taking permission he tore off the photo of the wall and throwing it in the trash can which he found in the corner of the room.

Donghae didn't protest, he too didn't want to see Siwon anymore, at least not for a long time "sorry for troubling you" Donghae
apologized. this time he tried getting up by himself to hiss from the pain.

"Donghae sit down, the doctor said to rest your leg, you shouldn't stand for long period oftime" Hyukjae paniced and went over to help
Donghae.

"is using the toilet allowed? " Donghae said with a small chuckle and Hyukjae flushed in embarrasment.

"I guess so" Hyukjae said and helped Donghae to the bathroom door "I'll be here if you need help.

Donghae laughed "You can come in with me if you like" He teased and laughed at Hyukjae's flushed face before getting inside. 


"Uhgh, Such a tease" Hyukjae groaned and tried not to imagine things, yeah he shouldn't. he went over the window, it was so wide, the sun coming through and lighting the whole room. the view outside is beautiful too. he didn't know Donghae had a house similar to.."Uhh" he really doesn't want to remember Siwon. the thought of him make's him so angry. it made him angry when Donghae didn't allowed him to call the police, it made so angry that Siwon wouldn't get punished for what he'd done.

he really wanted to punch something, someone, anything just to release the anger in his chest, that's when Donghae's phone rang and this time he didn't ignore it. he went over and checked the caller "What the..." he laughed historically and picked the call "WHAT...you want to make sure if Donghae died huh" He spat out angrily "If you don't stop calling him i'm going to really report you to the police and Donghae wouldn't stop me this time" he whispered yelled, he didn't want Donghae to know about this.

Siwon took time to speak and when he finally did, his sound felt regretfull "I'm really sorry, i never intended for this to happen" He said "Let me talk to Donghae, i want to apologize".

"Are you crazy, after what you've done you're seeking forgivness" Hyukjae said angrily "just Shutup and stop calling" He said and shut the call when he heard the door click open of the bathroom. 

Hyukjae pressed the mobile between his fingers, almost breaking it. he couldn't, he shouldn't "did anything happen" he heard Donghae's voice and came to realise he was staring too intensly at him.

"Sorry " Hyukjae said "I think i should go" he didn't feel good to stay. Donghae needed rest, he needed to be calm and peacfull after what he's been through and right now he's not both of them "Your dad said the nurse would come to check on you at three and there's a maid, if you need anything, you can summon her" Hyukjae gave instructions "Ugh and if anything happened, call me, okay, call me" Hyukjae insisted and Donghae slowly walked and dragged his injured leg to the bed.

"I know, i will" Donghae simply said as he rested on the bed. 

Just then, Hyukjae saw that Donghae had changed "I think i should go" he walked by then stopped when remembering Donghae's mobile still in his hand. he went over to the bed table and left it there, knowing that Donghae's gaze is following him, which he ignored, or pretended to ignore "I'll be going, call me, Don't forget" He reminded him again and left. 

 

*** 

 

The way Hyukjae left was strange. Donghae looked as Hyukjae left from his bedroom and then he's left alone by himself. fear swarmed in him for being alone. he took deep breathes to calm down and when he felt his heart beats slowing down, he layed on the bed and decided to take a nap. 

after thirty minutes of trying, Donghae eventually gave up and reached out to his phone to listen to some music. unlocking his phone, the first thing he saw is the unread messages from Siwon which he ignored earlier and two more which he received apparently in the last thirty minutes and so. 

he thought to ignore it again but changing his mind, Donghae decided to face his fears and check the messages. he opened the messages from Siwon and with clenching hands he read. 


* I'm sorry
* please answer my calls, i need to talk to you
* Donghae, please, i really hope you're fine

* I know what i did is wrong, i understand if you hate me now
* I'm sorry, just give me a minute to talk to you, just few minutes will do 

 

the messages we're annoying. it took him to that day, to that nightmare. he felt like closing on himself this time. to shut down his heart and never open it to anyone, to close on himself to not get hurt again but then, all he could think about is the brightness on Hyukjae's face whenever he smiles his gummy smile and he think, he think that he shouldn't let himself lose that sunshine. Maybe he made wrong decisions in the past but now he wouldn't make more and having Hyukjae in his life is the best decision he is making right now.. so, with a smile he decided to forget about Siwon  and instead he texted Hyukjae with a smile. he can't believe he already missed Hyukjae.

From Donghae:
* What are you doing?


From Hyukjae: 
having lunch with my friend, what about you?


From Donghae: 
I'm trying to sleep


From Hyukjae:
Obviously you are not trying to sleep, how you'll sleep while texting?


From Donghae: 
How about if you help me to sleep :)

 

From Hyukjae:

Are you drunk?????? 

O_O

 

From Donghae: 

Do you want to drink with me? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter