Of job interviews and adulting?

This Man Is Not Real

While jamming to 88Rising's 'Midsummer Madness' in their living room with their speakers on full volume, Jimin in his most energetic aura cleaned the couch and the loud music from the living room caused Minji to wake up earlier than usual. 

"Ugh, what's up with you?! Someone's trying to sleep? Also, did you even sleep!?" Minji said while rubbing her eyes and she looked at Jimin with dark circles under his eyes but yet, he's freaking energetic. "My gosh, you're scaring me." she added and left the living room to prepare their breakfast because after all, she can't sleep anymore. 

While Jimin is jamming to some upbeat but chill songs, suddenly, the playlist stopped. There is a call from an unknown number and so Jimin picked up the phone call.

"Hello?"

Minji left whatever she is cooking and went straight to Jimin to get some news. It's probably a call from their parents-- but she was wrong and right after Jimin ended the call...

"OH MY GOD I'M GETTING A JOB INTERVIEW TODAY AFTER A YEAR, MINJI-YAH! AFTER. A. YEAR." Jimin said, emphasizing every word. He's clearly very excited about it though, just a few hours ago, he was so hesitant.

"So what time is it?" Minji arched an eyebrow, glancing at the wall clock.

"After lunch."

"You don't have enough sleep, you crazy."

"It's alright. I have a very good feeling about this, my lovely sister." Jimin curled his lips into a smirk and narrowed his eyes at Minji.

"If you get hired, extravagant dinner tonight, yes?!"

"Super yes."

 

 

Hours went by and finally, it's two in the afternoon. Jimin went to the building and texted Hoseok about the interview and they exchanged some advices and comforting words. He sat on one of the chairs just beside the HR department, waiting for his name to be called and across Jimin, a woman looking like in her 20s is sitting. It hasn't even been a few minutes but she's eyeing Jimin from his head down to his toe. No, it's not a look of admiration but Jimin can tell that this woman hates his guts.

"Since you've been staring at me since earlier, are you here for the job interview too?" Jimin decided to break the wall just in case she might open up.

"Obviously. They're looking for two staff and I hope I don't get to work with you." 

Jimin was taken aback at her response and being the petty person he is, he responded with, "Well, it's gonna happen. I'll pass and you won't so...? Hah." which left the woman speechless and probably pissed as hell as she rolled her eyes.

So after the small bickering, Jimin's name was called and he tried to look formal as ever. He's freaking nervous, though.

"Hello, my name is Kim Namjoon and I'll be the one interviewing you today and maybe will be your future workmate. How's your day, Jimin-ssi?"

Man, the interviewer looks really formal and not-so-intimadating so maybe, I'll really pass today.

"Today's really good- I mean, so far, so good! I haven't been in an interview for a year so I can feel that it's going to be another good start. How's your day, sir?"

"Oh, I love the positive vibe! I'm doing well at the moment and I can't wait to get an additional member to our team. So, for the entire year you weren't available for employment, what were the things you were busy with?"

"Hm, actually, up until now, I'm still busy with the website I put up for my artworks. I sell the ones I decided to sell and even if it's my passion, I still want a stable one."

"Alright, that happens. I can understand fully but hey, atleast now, you're here! I actually checked your resume and other portfolio, I was really impressed and now that I'm talking to you, I can tell that you're gonna be a good fit in this job and since we're lacking, this is the first and final interview."

"Thank you so much for the wonderful words, sir! I'm very happy that you didn't look at the gap of the year I graduated and applied through jobs."

"That's not how you'll see a person's performance, though! I've been meaning to say too that you're hired." Namjoon flashed him a toothy grin and Jimin's small eyes widened in surprise. 

HE IS HIRED.

HE IS HIRED.

HE IS HIRED.

"Thank you so much, sir! I will work hard and won't waste this opportunity!"

 

The interview went well and Jimin couldn't hide his happiness. Just when he thought everything's falling down, another chance arouse. He thanked Hoseok on his way home and of course, he's going to take Minji on a fancy dinner!

 


Author's Note:

Hello everyone reading this! I hope you're having a good day or had a good day. It's been awhile since I updated for I had a lot of personal stuff to attend. Anyway, here's the chapter you guys deserve. I'll be able to update quickly now! <3 Keep safe! Also, here's how they look for the chapter.

 

WYD LOOKING LIKE A TOTAL SNACCCC YOU'RE HIRED.

THE WOMAN HERE? IT'S NO OTHER THAN JISOO! BET THERE'S A SPOILER ALREADY IN THE FRONT PAGE? :O

OF COURSE, THIS HOT INTERVIEWER :(((

AND BBG FOR THIS CHAPTER. ♥