Light at the end of the tunnel

This Man Is Not Real

"You're- you- you're interested in-in one of my artworks, sir?!" 

Jimin had to wait for a few days until this day. He got his very first client who is interested in buying the very first artwork he made back when he was still a student. He talked over the phone only for a few minutes and made a very smooth transaction to his client. After he ended the call, Jimin faced Minji and without any words, the siblings screamed in excitement. 

"Oppa, does that mean we can eat out for dinner later?!" said Minji, which made Jimin quiet for like five seconds before he agreed to the request of his beloved sister.

It didn't even take an hour for Jimin to receive the very first payment he got from his client. The next thing he's going to do is to go out so he can print out the artwork on a big canvass. 

Jimin wore a black pullover, a white cap and a pair of jeans. He's more than excited. He felt like a failure for almost a year now but after all, that's just how life goes. On his way to the nearby shop, he saw Hoseok walking his bike and is probably on his way home. Jimin waved his hand at Hoseok and he stopped just across where Jimin is standing.

"Jimin! Oi! It's been awhile since you went out looking like a human being. Wow, what's up?" Hoseok, with a wide grin, looked from his left to right before he walks his bike towards Jimin. Hoseok's right, though. Usually Jimin goes out like the typical boyfriend material that he is but right after he graduated from university and started looking for jobs, he got really stressed and almost forgot to take care of himself. Thank goodness, he has his sister to take care of him. If not, he'd look like a caveman. 

"Guess I'm not for corporate world, hyung? Hah. I have to print an artwork I just sold to a client!" Jimin responded with a cheeky smile. "Going home, hyung?" he added.

"Yeah? I went out to exercise before my days off for this week are over." 

"Eh, let's grab some coffee! My treat!" Hoseok had to blink twice because he can't believe that Jimin's going to treat him for the very first time since they became friends when they were like five and six. He's best friends with Jimin and he couldn't help but to feel bad for him during the times everytime he gets rejected by an employer. Jimin sends him a text message everytime but he would never tell Hoseok that he's actually feeling awful because of the countless rejections. But now, Hoseok feels really happy that his bubbly friend, Jimin, is back. He finally found the light at the end of the tunnel.

After Jimin printed out his artwork, the two of them went to a nearby coffee shop. Hoseok can tell that his best friend is excited and very much motivated even though he gets really lazy sometimes. 

"But you know, hyung? I'm really happy with what I'm doing but I don't want to be a real pain in the for my parents. I mean, I'm just starting with the artworks and yeah, the website. But I still want a stable job. I want to give Minji the bestest things in the world and help her with school. I can't ask my parents for money forever, you know?" Jimin sighed and put his arms behind his head while looking up at the ceiling.

Hoseok nodded twice and completely understood what Jimin is trying to say. As if he wasn't like this but only for a few weeks because he got hired somewhere easily and while scrolling through his phone, Hoseok looks up at Jimin with a small smile.

"Chim, you're a communication major, right?"

"Mm, hyung. I am, why? I don't even know if I chose the right path..." Jimin sighed once again.

"What do you think of applying in the company I'm working for? The human resources is hiring a few people now. One's a staff for the office. It's not just open for those who majored in psychology."

Jimin's eyes sparkled and thought that it won't hurt to try again.

"Give me the details, Hoseok hyung. I'll send in my resume later after dinner."


Author's Note:

Okay! Double update for today! It felt really good writing chapter two and while listening to IU's 'Eight'. Spreading positivity even through this story hehe. I'm very excited to write the next chapter already. I feel like I'm going to finish this story quick. Haha, kidding. We'll see!

Time to put how Hoseok, Jimin and Minji looked in this chapter!