First Impression

Betcha!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

     It’s the beginning of a new semester and here we are again at our campus' cafeteria. Where else? When other students prefer eating outside other than this place, Sooyoung, Jaehee and I are stuck in the center of our campus. As students who live far away from home, we prefer spending our time together at campus especially at this place even if we only have morning classes we usually just hang out at the cafeteria until the sun goes down. 

     Just what exactly are we doing here? Well.... besides eating they usually talk about drama, idol groups, or even gossiping about each stranger who just walks past in front of us. I said “they” because I’m the quiet one among the three of us. I just don't like talking. Other peoples might see me as a cold person or hard to approach but yeah I just don’t like talking when it’s not necessary. I rarely talk but my friend said I speak fluent sarcasm! They are used to it by now anyway, and I’m glad they accept me for who I am. That was the reason why I’m still here accompanying them till now, just to listen to their -may I say- useless conversation? The other reason is at least here at this place I don't feel lonely at all. I like listening to their useless conversations rather than being all alone at my apartment left with my loneliness. I meant I love being alone but I hate feeling lonely.

'.ㅅ'

     I just finished my meal when Sooyoung and Jaehee started mentioning a group of boys and a girl from Business Management department. who just arrived at the cafeteria, it seems like they just finished their classes.

     “Who’s that guy in an oversized hoodie?” Ask Jaehee while munching on her favorite snacks.  That group of friends consists of Sehun, Jongin, Kyungsoo sunbae, Chanyeol’s sister Yura for now, since Chanyeol, Chen & Junmyeon sunbae already graduated. They were familiar to us, even me, since we are from the same faculty and often see them here or in the faculty’s hallway. I take a look at the mentioned guy and guess I’ve never seen him before too. 

     “Ah... He is Byun Baekhyun! He just got back from military service and is continuing his study this semester along with Kai and Sehun.” Sooyoung gave an answer to Jaehee’s question.

     “So, he’s actually our senior?” 

      “Yeah! 2 years older than us. He’d finish his study along with Chanyeol and Chen sunbae last semester if only he didn’t serve for our country earlier.” 

     “Woah still cool though! He managed to finish his duty before his friends.” Jaehee chimed at Sooyoung’s explanation.

     “But, I heard he decided to go to military service right after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend, you know Chaerin sunbae?”

     “You mean Chaerin sunbae from the design faculty? Isn’t she in a relationship with that infamous model Jung Jaehoon now?”

     “Yeah, Byun Baekhyun is Chaerin sunbae’s ex! They were high-school sweethearts and had a relationship for over 4 years. They broke up just because Chaerin sunbae started to lose interest in him and fell for Jung Jaehoon’s charm at that time. That’s what I heard, maybe the military was a short getaway for him to forget her '' Sooyoung huffed after explaining the said guy’s sad story.

      “Poor him! but, what could we say when God decided not to make her his destiny for life. I hope he moved on already and I’m sure he’ll be able to find someone better someday! Let’s get back home now.” Jaehee finally wants to go home now since she just finished her snack. The sun was about to set and I’m quite tired today so I agreed with her to go home and finally take a rest.

'.ㅅ'

     We finally finished our mid-term test today! Sooyoung and her roommate Yoonju from law major insisted for us to have a little fun, so the four of us decided to go to a noraebang at the mall nearby and let out our frustration with singing. After 2 hours, I asked them to accompany me to buy new glasses and some co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter