Long Run

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

I’ve been sitting in the library for hours. School is even busier today since tomorrow will be the start of a week-long festival. And since my own teacher assigned me to guard the library, I got my own free time reading the books I want. Peace and silence roamed the room until such time that the two devils rush in.

“What are you doing here?” I asked the two as they tried to inhale all the oxygen they can. “Oh, right, running away again. Can I ask who told you to make the library your hiding place?”

“Yah… we’re running… not hiding.” L.joe said in between heavy breaths.

“How was that?” L turned to L.joe ignoring me… as if I care about his presence.

“Thirty-seven seconds,” L.joe answered him as they both leaned against the wall. “Better than yesterday.”

Then they both hi-fived which was quite confusing to me. Why are they taking records of time?

“Hey pig…got any water there?” Death Note guy ordered.

What does he think of me? He’s in a library not in the cafeteria. And if ever I have any water here, does he think I’ll give him one after calling me “pig”?

“Do I look like a vending machine to you?”

“Can you at least act like a real girlfriend?” Am I hearing that straight from Death Note Guy’s mouth? That’s even more disgusting than hearing it from Jake.

“Ew, aren’t you disgusted with your own words?” I gave a disgusted face again and continued to read where I was reading.

“Chung Ae-ah, can you come here a moment? I got something to ask.” L.joe beckoned.

“You can ask me now why do I still need to go there?”

“Just come here for a moment!” L shouted and it indeed sounded urgent so took off from my seat and approached them.

“What is it?” I asked with my arms crossed and raised my brow.

Before I knew it, they both grasp my both arms and threw me out of my own territory.

“Yah!!!” I shouted at the top of lungs outside the library.

“You’re not going in until you go get us water.” I could hear L’s commanding voice behind the door.

“Yah, L, L.joe, Open the door right now!!!” I don’t think this scream-scolding would work.

“Water!!!” I heard L.joe scream. Good, just when I thought he’s different from Death Note guy he proved me wrong.

“Aish, yah, open the door!” I banged and banged the library door and it did open up, only with L on blocking the way in.

“Wa-ter.” He syllabicated the word then shut the door in front of my face.

“What the…” I whispered to myself. I guess I have no choice then. >.<

-------------

Right, what kind of water would they like? Whatever, why would I care about what they prefer? Besides, this is from my own pocket so they don’t have the right to complain. I slipped the money on the coin slot and picked two of the cheapest water available and planned to head back.

“Isn’t that her?” I heard someone whispered from behind me halfway on my way to the library.

I paced faster than my usual but not making it obvious that I’m running away from something…or someone. But it didn’t help, I could still feel their presence behind me and every second, I could feel more of them. I shook the thoughts of looking back to make sure that there are really people behind but curiosity get the best of me and so I looked back only to see a bunch of them.

“Yeah, it’s really her.” Confirmed one of them and I quickly run. Correction—tried to run.

 I saw another bunch of them of them on my way and I got nowhere to run now.

“Really, I don’t see what L liked about her?” Said one of them and they’re getting closer to me as every second ticks.

I’m scared.

Well yeah I’m trying to hide it but I can’t lie to myself. I’m still a girl and getting beaten is scary for me.

“Yah, what do you want?” I asked gathering all the courage I have.

“We want Krystal.” Said someone from behind and it made me, unintentionally, chuckle.

“But if you’re thinking only one person can take Garbage girl—I mean Krystal.” Pea brains, they think they can have one person for all of them?

“I know, that’s why I’m taking you.” A tall and good looking guy in front of me said.

“Hey, who says I’d let you?” Said the curly-haired and tanned guy beside him.

And that’s how they started their own chaos and forgot about me who was slowly tip-toeing away from them.

“Yah, she’s getting away!” I paused biting my lip when someone noticed. This is bad.

“Tsk,” I heard someone from behind clicked his tongue. “Aren’t you all getting tired?”

I looked behind as saw Death Note Guy with his buddy L.joe which I find quite funny. Do Knights in Shining Armor really appear in reality?

“How on earth did you get in here?” I asked them with wide eyes.

“We teleported.” L said sarcastically. “We obviously walked here, idiot!”

“Yah, whatever happens, don’t let go of the water alright?” L.joe commanded still thinking of water at this situation. “One,”

Why in the world is he starting to count? Can’t he see those guys are throwing us their evil stares?

“Two,” L whispered.

“Three.” I said without a hint.

“Run!” L.joe announced as L Grabbed my wrist and started to run dragging me along.

We run as fast we can but every time I look back there are still a lot of them tagging along.

“Let’s split up.” L.joe suggested then turned to another direction.

I also planned to turn to another direction but L won’t let go.

“This way, piggy.” He told me dragging me to the opposite direction I was supposed to go.

I could not argue at this time. I keep running at the direction where he was dragging me until we reached the open school grounds. I looked back again to check if anyone is still following and still saw those persevering idiots behind us. Though we were supposed to be at the school’s open grounds, since it’s the day before the school festival booths and stands and all sorts of things you usually see in a school festival are there.

“Come on,” L dragged me again but instead of running we are now taking fast and big steps through booths and stands. “It’ll be easier to confuse them here.”

I was really wondering how we ended up at the open grounds when we can hide in the library. But I got no time to ask that, we are in the middle of escaping.

We s around the every booth and people there. I could barely see the idiots behind.

“Yah!” I complained when I suddenly bumped into L’s back. “Could you at least tell me if you’re stopping?”

“What’s with the tone? Are you in any argument?” I looked beyond and saw garbage girl with two other girls.

“Are you kidding? Argument? The tone is like our endearment.” L pulled me to his side then placed his arm around my shoulder and smiled. “We’re taking a stroll around.”

He’s a great big fat liar but honestly, he’s good in acting. Even better than I am.

“Oppa, truthfully speaking, I don’t really get why you’re dating a fat loser.” Krystal rolled her eyes as if not believing what lies before her own two eyes.

“Look, I may have one loser beside me but you got lots of them around you.” He said it effortlessly.

As far as I know, when it comes to popularity L and L.joe are way more popular than Krystal. But why does popularity even matter to these people?

“You would all regret everything. I won’t let this go remember. Especially you, pig,” she turned to me. “You’ll regret messing up with me.”

 

 

-----------

 

Hey addict_ohnine here! And yeah, three chapters for today! Do you love Myungsoo???

 

I love Myungsoo<3 :D