Ep 06 - A Solution for Jealousy

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Six

 

It wasn’t in Seulgi’s intention to fetch Seungwan.

Her initial plan was to wait in the subway, meet her red-haired crush, say 'good afternoon’, and probably have an entire cake when she gets home as a celebration. She was anticipating the red velvet cheesecake that Seungwan’s mother made this morning, and her excitement grew tenfold each step she takes on the way.

But then, the rain poured… and all her plans went to zero.

Even if Seulgi has a little—HUGE crush on the unnamed red-haired girl, Seungwan is the number one person in her list of priorities. Not that there was an actual thing.

Still, Seulgi is worried as she waited anxiously on the underground station, glaring at the strong raindrops falling.

Seungwan easily gets sick, and Seulgi isn’t sure if her best friend brought her umbrella today. Seulgi didn’t carry an umbrella either.

So she’s stuck under the subway station’s protection while being lost on what to do.

Seungwan is always the one with plans B, C, D, E, and so on. Seulgi wants to eat cake.

“Huuu… Should I fetch Wannie or not? But I don’t have an umbrella with me… and she probably didn’t bring hers too… I can buy it in the convenience store nearby but I didn’t have my wallet today… she’ll get sick… I’ll be sick too if I walk in this rain without an umbrella… What should I do?” Seulgi asked herself with a sad expression.

She’s expecting a red velvet cake, but it seems like she’s having a giant bowl of hot ramen. She loves ramen, but she prefers the cake more.

“I doubt if Mom (Seungwan’s mother) will give me a slice of cake though… She said she’ll only allow me two more slices if I’m a good girl today. I’m not a good girl if I let myself walk in this rainfall, right? So she’ll just give me one portion? But Ddeulgi wants three! T T,”

Huddled up in a corner by the station’s entrance, Seulgi muttered to herself in downcast. “Why can’t the rain stop? Whyyyyy? I want my cake! Cake-y! Gimme that, gimme that ice cream cakeeeeeyyyy!”

“Uh… E-excuse me…”

Seulgi dejectedly looked up. People must have assumed I’m a lost puppy. This is making me sadder. She pondered.

However, once her gaze landed on the stranger, Seulgi felt her breathing hitched.

Is this what Wannie feels whenever Irene appears before her? I-I guess I need a resuscitation huhuhu.

Seulgi’s mind overheated as the crimson-haired girl stood right before her, an anxious but sweet smile on her lips and a folded umbrella in her stretched out hand.

“U-uh…?” Seulgi couldn’t even form words. Her heartbeat’s drumming faster and she doesn’t even know how to make it calm. Wannie, I think I’m having a myocardial infarction! What should I dooooooo?

The red-haired girl smiled, “H-here… You can borrow my umbrella if you’d like.” The girl’s hand is trembling. Seulgi has no idea why.

She placed the umbrella in Seulgi’s hands. Seulgi is still in a trance, having a grueling time holding the eye-contact they’re sharing. Feeling the coldness of the few raindrops from the umbrella, Seulgi barely got her sanity back.

“T-thank you!” Seulgi replied, trying to come up with a grateful smile in which she must have done well considering the girl’s reply.

“You’re adorable.”

WANNIE, MY CRUSH CALLED ME ADORABLE, PLEASE I WANT FOUR SLICES OF RED VELVET CAKE TONIGHT HUHUHUHU SHE’S SO PRETTY AND NICE AND SHE LET ME BORROW HER UMBRELLA! I-I THINK I’M IN LOVE, WANNIE WAAAAAAHHHH.

“W-what?!” Seulgi responded, albeit her thoughts.

“Shoot! Did I say that out loud?!” The young student gasped, covering as her cheeks started reddening. “I-I got to go, Seulgi sunbae! Y-you can give it back to me next time!”

“W-wait! I-I—”

And off the girl goes, without Seulgi knowing her name. Still.

I just deserve two slices tonight then. Seulgi thought disappointedly. I was too cowardly, I couldn’t even ask her name. And she knows my name too, uwaaaah T T.

B-but wait… she called me sunbae? S-so she’s younger than me?? B-but—isn’t that illegal?? Ahhh what should I do? Maybe Wannie won’t let me have cake-y tonight? T T

Seulgi opened the green umbrella.

She’s nice though. It was really kind of her to let me borrow this. I will muster up the courage to talk to her next time and return this! A-and the way her cheeks blush is cute…

“Well, I guess I should fetch my dear best friend after all!” Seulgi grinned, as she walked through the hard rain in the shelter of her crush’s enormous umbrella. “I’ll fetch Wannie so she will be proud of me and she’ll give me cake-y! Cake-y, cake-y!”

 

Turns out, Seulgi was a blessing in disguise that evening to a stammering Seungwan who doesn’t know what to do with her own crush.

(Well, going home with her crush is also an obvious answer but knowing how every inch of Seungwan’s body combust whenever Irene’s in a two-meter radius, Seulgi does not want her best friend to die yet….)

In the end, Seulgi got her prized red velvet cake and Seungwan slept with pleasant dreams of her crush who she got to speak with that afternoon.

 

 

The next day, the lovely atmosphere surrounding Eunji and Chorong is beyond unfathomable.

Seungwan was in her usual sweet with Moonbyul standing next to her table, both their eyes focused on the newfound couple that’s in their own world.

“They’re dating?” Moonbyul asked, glaring at their best pal who is whispering words with Chorong by the window. “They’re so mushy and soft, I want to throw this eraser at their faces.”

“I want to shoot this paper ball straight into too, with how big it gets when laughing. Chorong unnie isn’t funny!” Seungwan added, also staring at their friend who is neglecting them. “She got a girlfriend and now, she’s ignoring us?”

“Y-yah, they are feeding each other with cookies!” Moonbyul pointed out in horror, “I am stuck here with Solar’s fake ‘I love you’s and she’s here having happy cookies with her crush?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter