Ep 11

The Jealousy Incarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Eleven

 

Seungwan never lies at the moment. It’s just sometimes, things change and what she claimed to be true before might become a lie later on. So perhaps Seungwan is a prolific liar.

Oh, and did you remember when Seungwan said she isn’t a nosy person, nor an eavesdropper?

Seungwan lied this time. Big time. Totally.

But in her defense, she wasn’t interested. At first. Then here comes Eunji and Seulgi.

“Seulgi, stop resting your arms over me. You’re heavy!” Seungwan complained in a hushed voice to her best friend as the girl had her arms wrapped around Seungwan’s shoulders, trying to peek between their classroom door and the doorframe.

“Hey, I’m not heavy, Wan! It’s Eunji! Her arms are all muscle and bones, she’s trying to suffocate me!” Seulgi defended, elbowing Eunji who is tiptoeing above her to catch a small glimpse through the doorframe.

“Shut up, you two!” Eunji silenced her friends as she finally caught the silhouettes of Moonbyul and Solar inside the classroom. “Look, they’re talking now! I heard from Chorong that Solar’s having her last confession rehearsal today. They will start kissing soon, yehey!”

In all honesty, Seungwan wanted to give their two childhood friends the privacy they needed and have them figure everything out for themselves. She can spare the details as long as they get together and be happy. Besides, over five years of witnessing the pair swimming around in their vague friendship are frustrating enough.

But then Eunji is a nosy person, and Seulgi is always easily intrigued.

Hence, the three friends aimed to witness such a touching event.

And just when the fun is about to start and the drama unfolds, the heavens will come and save such a precious moment. Or was it the opposite? Seungwan is still unsure which side Chorong represents.

Three consecutive hits in the head were heard as silently as possible before Chorong dragged the three friends away from the doors into the stairs leading to the school’s lobby

“The audacity of you three to eavesdrop! Can’t you give them the private time they need? I’m pretty sure the future couple will fill us in on all the details later!” Chorong scolded them with a rolled magazine at hand.

That’s an adult magazine… that belongs to Eunji! Seungwan almost gasped. This won’t end well… T T

It would be nice if she could let me borrow that, though…

And Seungwan was right. Chorong pointed out that magazine to Eunji, and with the scariest eyes, she started hitting Eunji all over.

“AND YOU!!! HOW COME YOU BRING SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO CLASS?! AND DON’T TELL ME IT’S AN INSPIRATION MATERIAL FOR WRITING SONGS, WE BOTH KNOW THE TRUTH YOU DARN ERT—SKSKSKS,”

In a swift move, Eunji covered her girlfriend’s mouth with many fights.

“Hehehehe, bye Wendy! Seulgi! I’ll just appease this girlfriend of mine, okay!? And oh, hi Irene! You have another afternoon date with Wendy, right? Please take care of her! BYEEEEE!”

“YAH JUNG EUNJI YOU’RE SO DEAD! BYE WENDY! SEULGI! IRENE! COME HERE YOU PIGLET, LET ME KILL YOU JUST THIS ONCE!”

“Eyyy come on, babe! Chill!”

“Chill my ! Do you enjoy looking at those magazines so much, huh?! YOU—“

Seungwan released a sigh. “Thank god, I survived that. Chorong is seriously too loud sometimes.”

“I told you, Wendy!” Seulgi tugged at her best friend’s sleeve. “That girl’s evil! She’s always that mean to Ddeulgi!”

“Really?” Seungwan glanced at her in surprise, an inch away from looking over her best friend for any potential injuries or something. “Did she hurt you somewhere? What did she say? Should I fight her?”

Seulgi, despite exaggerating, nodded her head repeatedly. “She hurt me with words, Wannie! She kept teasing me and she screams at me too! She makes me sad a lot!”

And like a mom who is doting on her youngest child, Seungwan surged forward to hug her best friend as comfort. It would have continued for a minute or so.

But then someone cleared .

“I’m sorry to cut your lovely moment short. Wendy?”

Shoot.

Both Seungwan and Seulgi gulped in fear as they separated from each other like they were zapped by an electric shock. It’s still autumn, but it felt like winter came for a quick field trip.

Irene sure is scary… Seulgi thought. Why is Wannie attracted to this scary girl? Why does my crush have a scary cousin? Huhuhu I should just go to the subway and see my crush again! This place is scary!

“O-oh, hi! Joohyun-ssi!” Seungwan coughed and hid her hands behind. “I thought you’ll wait by the gates…?”

“Well, you were taking too long, so I thought I should instead come here and fetch you… which I’m glad I did?”

Icy… Waaaaah, why is my crush so pretty even when she looks scary? Waaaaah T T

“Hehehehe! Ok, bye lovebirds! I still have to admire my crush so ciao!”

Seulgi grabbed the opportunity to flee. Forget it! Best friends or not, I still want to see my crush and go on dates and maybe get married someday! Sorry, Wannie, but Ddeulgi needs to retreat and save herself! Good luck on that date with a scary woman, Wannie! T T.

 

Joohyun enjoyed their afternoon pastry escapade. She doesn’t know how to express it with words.

Seungwan is in fact very gentle and kind and considerate and helpful. There’s also that bright smile on her face whenever one of her favorite songs plays in the café. She’ll hum and tell Joohyun how she likes the song, or how poetic the lyrics were and how the melody makes her experience sweet flutters in her stomach.

And Joohyun listened to it all because it was endearing.

It’s endearing how Seungwan is all jittery and clumsy whenever she’s around and yet when they touch a topic she likes, rambles a lot on everything she knows, confident and passionate as if her former trembles didn’t exist.

It’s also endearing how despite being a jumbled up mess Seungwan is in front of her crush, her manners are still absolute and clear. No, she isn’t going all over the top with pulling Joohyun’s chair back or holding her stuff while they were walking. It was the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter