Five

What If?

Requested by bubble1765 - where Jongdae gets into trouble and Minseok and MBLAQ rush to his rescue


Jongdae had taken to spending loads of time with Hyemi, the two often going out together and meeting up on the weekends. They'd often even go to the forest for a long run in the middle of the night.


The night was calm, sounds of the trees whistling, owls hooting and crickets chirping resonating. Everything was normal.

Jongdae took his clothes off and packed them into his bag, crouching low and turning into a Wolf while Hyemi followed suit.
Hyemi was a small Wolf with light brown fur and blue eyes flecked with green shards. She snapped her jaw and broke into  run, huffing when Jongdae caught up to her soon enough.

She turned around and tackled him to the forest floor, grunting as they rolled around and fought playfully.


Hyemi stilled as Jongdae nipped at her tail, standing tall with her ears perked up. Jongdae faltered as a strong stench of rotting flesh hit them hard.


A dark figure approached them, its eyes gleaming a menacing shade of red. The newborn vampire bared its fangs, its jaw dripping with fresh blood. Hyemi growled and crouched into a stance, pouncing when it ran straight for a paralyzed Jongdae.
Five more stepped in and Jongdae jumped into one, pushing it away and nudging Hyemi to run fast.










































 

'Something's wrong,' Byunghee panted, bursting into the living room where Seungho, Minseok and Cheolyong were playing a video game. 'I can feel it.'
Minseok dropped his controller as a sharp pang clenched at his chest.
'The forest, let's go,' he growled.  


























Minseok's senses went into a frenzy as he wove through the thick trees, following his intuition. Changsun and Seungho were right behind him, eyes sharp and ears alert.
Byunghee, Cheolyong and Sanghyun were at the other side of the forest looking for Hyemi and Jongdae.

Suddenly, Cheolyong's loud howl pierced the silence of the night, followed by an unearthly shriek. The three Wolves immediately darted in the direction they'd heard Cheolyong from, Minseok's blood rushing through his veins as his head began to throb.

























Hyemi tripped on her injured front leg, collapsing against a tree. Jongdae stood before her, baring his teeth and snarling at the three newborns around them. He effortlessly bit off the head of the one closest to him, howling when another pinned him down and bit into his spine. Having seriously injured the third newborn vampire, Hyemi watched as the newborn got off Jongdae and stumbled towards its comrade, hungry for blood. She took the chance to pounce on it and rip its head off.

More newborns stepped in and Hyemi leaned against a wounded Jongdae. Both the omegas snarled, their muzzles and fur damp with blood.


Sanghyun and Byunghee leapt in and tackled two of them, Cheolyong joining them and mercilessly killing three in one go. He let out a howl as Byunghee tore into two more newborns, his eyes wild and tail bristled in warning.







Jongdae at Hyemi's wound, trying to stop the blood from flowing while the three Wolves fought before them. She whimpered and shut her eyes. The male omega nudged at her muzzle, letting out a howl when three newborns attacked him together.



Minseok, who had just arrived, let out a feral growl and pushed two of them off of his mate, letting Seungho deal with the remaining one. More and more newborns kept filing in, all attracted by the strong stench of freshly-spilled blood.










After what seemed like hours, everything stopped. Three vampires stepped in, taking in the bloodbath with horror. One of them let out a broken wail and the Wolves stopped, Minseok heartlessly snapping the neck of the last newborn.
'What have you done?!' she wailed, sinking to her knees and digging her fingers into the soil damp with blood. She crawled to the closest corpse and cradled it in her arms.

'Are these newborns all yours?' Minseok morphed into his human form and thundered.
'What have you done?!' the female repeated.
'Were these newborns all yours?!'
'Yes,' the male vampire stepped up, his expression unreadable.

'According to the Code, all races are to live in harmony and keep to themselves as much as possible. Your---'
'You did this!' the woman shrieked, lunging for Minseok. The Alpha grabbed her by the throat and held her up, a menacing look in his eyes.
'I'll kill you, you filthy leech,' he growled, tossing her towards the other two vampires.

'You failed to control your creations,' Byunghee spat, being held back by Seungho and Sanghyun.
'And I take full responsibility for this,' the male nodded, backhanding the other female that tried to voice her protest.







A heated discussion later, the Wolves found themselves carrying Hyemi and Jongdae to the Hospital nearby.

















' Dr. Zhang Yixing,' Minseok panted, grabbing the Healer by the shoulders. 'It's an emergency. Do your best.'
The Healer nodded gravely, rushing after the nurses and disappearing behind the white doors.








































Jongdae woke up to a parched throat and a sharp pain in his back. He smiled weakly at Minseok, spying Hyemi sitting up and talking to Byunghee on the other bed nearby.
'Hey,' he croaked, gulping down the water offered to him.
'What is it with you and vampires?' Minseok clicked his tongue, pressing their foreheads together and letting out a heavy exhale.
'What can I say? They're good ers.'
Minseok chuckled and nipped at Jongdae's nose.

'You'll be fine by next week.'
'Chanyeol's going to kill me for taking a leave - he's swamped with work.'
'I'll pull some strings and get him to hire Baekhyun into the production house - he's a music student working at the club to pay off his loans.'
Jongdae closed his eyes and hummed, lulled back to sleep by Minseok carding his fingers through his brown hair.