Waiting

The dining room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You quit. You ended up resigning and on the last day I ended up coming to work early just to see you. I was arranging the silverware and you came to find me. That morning was hectic. I saw you coming in and out of the kitchen struggling. I jumped in and started helping you. You kept smiling and I couldn't help but blush. During our break I went to find you as the day before I painted a picture for you. A scenery of mountains and trees. Something calm, I also had your favorite candy, cherry ropes and reese's peanut butter cups. Your face lit up and you saw them.


"Thank you, thank you. The cherry ropes are hard to find"


I didn't know that. I guess I'd do anything to see you happy.


We ended up going to your car and just stayed there talking.



"You know I wasn't suppose to tell you that i liked you"



Your eyes shimmered as you looked at me.

"Well I'm glad you did".



After our shift ended I went to look for you again. You were sitting down in the dining room and stood up when you saw me. I approached you and wrapped my arms around your waist while you wrapped yours around my neck. I hugged you tight.

"I'm going to miss you"



Your breath hitched as you hugged me tighter, "we'll see each other soon"



...

We stopped talking when you left. I guess you were busy and I was too. I tried calling you once. It didn't work... Ryujin sat down with me along

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter