Chapter 6 (Still Kyuhyun's side story)

Somewhere in Between

 

Flashback :

     “If you need help on doing the resumes and notes, and I’m sure you have no experience in teaching, you can ask for help from this girl,” Uncle Kim said. Kyuhyun wasn’t paying attention, actually. Not before he heard ‘girl’ being mentioned. He looked at the old man in front of him, the bestfriend of his dad.

     “Oh, wait. I bet this girl is like those genious nerds. Thick glasses, old-fashioned, weirdo, and all she can think is grades. Right?” Mr.Kim chuckled and put his hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

     “You better not judge before you know the truth, son.” Then Mr.Kim leave him. Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulder and went outside the teacher’s room. The good news is he got his own room. Oh, well, it was the old biology teacher’s room, actually.But whatever, he already retired due to his old age.

      Kyuhyun put on the thick neutral-lens black-framed glasses to complete his disguise.

     “Oh, well, now my disguise beg—“

     Kyuhyun bumped onto someone. And she fell to the ground. He was so shocked to see the girl. She was the one he bumped at the park the other day. The girl who is as beautiful as an angel. He pulled himself together and helped her to stand up and pick her things. Oh, look at these craps. She is one of those smarty , I guess. He thought.

     "Sorry, miss." The girl nodded and smiled. She looked at him. Kyuhyun doesn’t know why he becomes awkward. Maybe it’s because he isn’t confident about his new appearance? Oh just imagine, you were the playboy, fashionista, elegant, and you have this I-have-everything aura then BAM! You changed into a nerdie, old-fashioned, clumsy guy. With messy hair, messy looks, and freakin thick glasses. Doesn’t even sound good.

     Kyuhyun decided to run away before he does something stupid towards the girl. Like, flirt her? Uh, maybe next time. When his appearance is normal. With this looks, this girl will absolutely thinks he is a thick-skinned weirdo. He is sure about it.

End-----------------------------------------------

 

     I was so head over heels. I guess? Oh but it is true. Joohyun is like an angel... So beautiful :)

 

Flashback :

     “My dad wants to play a game? Okay. I’m in. I’m the evil gamer Kyu, anyway. I will prove he was wrong. I can do this by myself. Ha!” Kyuhyun was walking towards his first class, with books on his hands. He went in, the classroom became quiet all of sudden. He walked towards the teacher’s desk, but those books are indeed troublesome. He tripped, but he was able to make his position stable. That was too much, he thought.

     He looked at the students. Everyone is looking at him, amused. Wait, why are these stupid kids looking at me like that? Do I look that horrible? Screw that Siwon-hyung! He made me like that while he hangs around in that elegant look? Crap. He thought.

      "Oh, eh, hello there. I am Guixian. Korean-Cantonese." He bowed, his glasses slipped down to his nose and he immediately adjusted it back. Just in case if anyone see his true face behind that thick glasses.

     "Khu-i... What? Great, now we have more task to do. Pronounce your name correctly," one of the guy on the back seat said. Oh, this guy must be the lazy type. Check. His looks isn’t that bad anyway. He thought.

     "Call me Marcus, then." Everybody sighed a relief, at least they don't have to be afraid to call him. Guixian is weird for Koreans' tongue. Kyuhyun looks around. That was when his eyes met hers. Because of the nervousness, he forgot to ask about the pupils’ name and immediately starts the lesson.

     Kyuhyun was so clueless. He doesn’t even know how to make his lesson interesting. Well, he just try to copy what his lecturer does. Keeps explaining and doesn’t even give a damn about the students. But highschool is different from university. He glanced at the girl at times, she is sleepy. He wants to laugh at her sleepy face, but he hold it. He is in disguise.

     The bell rang, he immediately went outside. Feels relieved as he passed the first challenge. But then he remembered something.

     "Is here any student named Seo Joohyun?" Everyone on the class pointed at a girl who is reading her book. A guy with guitar on his hand nudged her. She looked up. "Yes?"

     "You are my assistant from now on." And he went from their vision. Kyuhyun ran towards his room and immediately close the door.

     “Thanks God! I thought my life will be miserable, but you sent me this beautiful angel,” Kyuhyun was dancing randomly due to his happy thoughts of getting his hopes up when suddenly Siwon came inside.

     “Whoa? What are you doing, Kyu? Let’s go. We have to move to other classes! Palli~” Kyuhyun sighed. “Oh, maybe you're talking about other punishment rooms, hyung?"

End--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

     I was really grateful that she was Seo Joohyun. Well, I was hoping that she was the one, actually. Kekeke.

 

 

Flashback :

     Knock knock!!

     "Come in!" Kyuhyun shouted from inside his office room.

     "Sir," the girl bowed and looked around the room. Kyuhyun feels awkward. Seohyun is here and yet she has to see the messy room. Kyuhyun, you can’t be like this. Pull yourself together! You have to act clumsy and clueless!! He thought.

     He looked up to see Seohyun, who is still looking around the room.

     "Oh, Joohyun. Please sit down. Right now I don't have anything for you to do."

     Kyuhyun can see, she was about to ask if she can go. Kyuhyun  stood up, and immediately regrets. Why did I stand up? Great, now I’m starting to act silly like teenager boys who have no experience with girls.

     "Uh... Well, actually Mr.Kim was the one who recommended you to be my assistant --helper. I will be here only for about six months, and I'm sure I need helps." Seohyun nodded. Kyuhyun feels relieved.

     "And now I'm having a task from the old Biology teacher to make some resumes and notes. I don't even know where to start," he scratch his hair. Seohyun walked towards him and saw the stack of Biology books under his desk. Kyuhyun was trying so hard not to look at her. She has that beautiful flawless face, long brunette hair that is so smooth… Kyuhyun has the urge to touch her hair…

     "I guess I'm here to help you, sir." Kyuhyun looked at her eyes. Oh. Well, seems like my days will be brighter. And Uncle Kim, you were the one!! Kekeke. He thought while moving to the couch with Seohyun next to him.

------------------------

     Seohyun was just gone home. Kyuhyun was still packing his things when he heard someone knocked his door. It was Siwon.

     “Hyung! Whoa~ Listen, I found a girl!” Siwon raised his eyebrow. Kyuhyun looked at his clothes.

     “Oh, Hyung, you have to stop being that elegant! I heard some students call you Mr.Bodyguard!” Kyuhyun laughed, Siwon chuckled. “At least they don’t call me Mr. Replica of Einstein or Mr. Fashion Disaster~ Muahahaha… Whoa! Okay young man, I’m sorry. I was the one who made you to dress up like that. Back to the topic. Who is the chick?”

     “Hyung! She is NOT one of those chicks. I tell you. She is an angel!! She is so beautiful, kindhearted, warm, and she always keeps things cool. Oh, well… What should I do?”

     “Uh-oh. It’s getting serious. You are really head over heels towards her, eh? You have never been like this ever since your mother passed a--,” Siwon immediately closed his lips firmly. Kyuhyun smiled to him.

     “It’s okay, hyung. It’s been 8 years already. Now, where were we again? Ah, right. What should I do?”

     “Keep acting clumsy and clueless, whatever you do, just don’t show your true self. Let’s see, she is indeed an angel or it was just your crazy imagination due to the stress and desperation you got from the punishment.”

End----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

     I remember it was the time I decided to act like unreliable, clumsy, clueless, innocent teacher. Uh well…