No Distance Is Too Far

Fickle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok. We’re dating.

The words were still ringing in his head as the scene earlier started to creep up his mind again. Even the loud cheers caused by the members' teasing became a background noise to the very words he didn't expect to come out of his mouth from out of nowhere.

It was so sudden. Something he didn't plan. Something he definitely didn't want to declare carelessly.

He didn't know what went through his mind to blurt out those words. He had always wanted to announce it in a special way. Had always imagined delivering a heartfelt message first as he holds the hand of the love of his life that would excite everyone before uttering the magic words then watch the fans cheer them on as they share a sweet kiss, smiling on each other's lips, happy and satisfied of the support of the best fandom in the world.

But he snapped.

The whole scene came back to life in his mind, so vivid that it felt like he was there again.

 

On the stage, everyone's teasing them once more, both the members and the fans.

“Hyuk, eat it. it,” Donghae with spiky dark hair who was trying to sport a funny face as cream sit on his nose immediately burst out laughing after hearing their leader's request.

“What?” Eunhyuk confusedly looked at Leeteuk trying to comprehend the request he just received. His neon green hair stood out most among the many members making it easy for people to spot him on the stage.

But really.. what??

“Eunhyuk can taste it,” Siwon added then the others already joined in too.

He briefly looked at Donghae who already got distracted by something else—or maybe he's trying to calm himself down.

The whole stadium was cheering Eunhyuk’s real name as if telling him he had no choice.

LEE HYUKJAE! LEE HYUKJAE! LEE HYUKJAE!

Well, Lee Hyukjae, what are you going to do?

“Are you all crazy?” he asked, nervously laughing away the chaos happening right in front of him as he continuously threw short glances at Donghae's direction to check his reaction. He knew he wouldn't like this.

Ever since they came back from their military service, Donghae had been more aware of his actions towards him. He became less clingy in public. And this one right here is one of those moments the dark-haired male would totally be against.

Everyone wanted him to the cream off the tip of Donghae's nose. it off. Didn't they know the meaning of ?

“Everybody, today is D&E's wedding ceremony,” Shindong said followed by an even louder cheer from the audience and another nervous laugh from Donghae.

But it's just fanservice right? It must be fanservice. Of course, it's for fanservice. Maybe this one is okay.

“Come on, come here,” he gestured at Donghae with defeat on his face. Let's just get this over with.

Donghae was laughing and disagreeing with what's about to happen but what could he do. Donghae's eyes were focused on him as if telling him 'don't do this'. Many fans were watching and pretty sure Leeteuk just provoked the moment to happen to make the show livelier and the fans happy. They all knew D&E's interactions were some of the best moments the fans watched out for. As much as he didn't want to upset Donghae, he didn't want to be a killjoy either. And honestly, how did Donghae's supposed-to-be birthday celebration become their wedding ceremony in a swift?

After some more persuasion from the other members, Donghae stood in front of him, still laughing in disbelief.

“Just do it quickly. Don't it off literally though, just take the cream off by your finger and eat it,” Donghae told him without using his mic.

“No, you can't do it that way,” Yesung insisted as he stood behind him.

He knew what was happening was a bit ridiculous but after he heard what Donghae said, he somehow felt a little bit disappointed inside.

Is that so? Eunhyuk thought. Why can't you be like before? You were always willing to show off EunHae, with or without others seeing it. Why Donghae?

For some reason, he got the courage and actually thought of literally doing it as per request to be reckless just for once. He grabbed Donghae by his nape and stared at him grinning, this time with more confidence.

Donghae immediately realized what he was doing and protested at once. Eunhyuk, on the other hand, was somehow firm in his decision to go against what Donghae wants this time. He was grinning mischievously at the birthday boy feeling kind of giddy to see his flustered reaction.

“No, no don't,” he exclaimed, laughing again in disbelief.

“What?” he uttered in return. This time he's getting cheekier as he saw Donghae's face turned red.

After a few seconds, Eunhyuk saw how his shoulders sagged, and just gave up and stopped protesting. He instead closed his eyes and waited for the moment to happen.

“We are pleased to introduce the two grooms today. Congratulations on your wedding!” Eunhyuk turned to their leader with a wide grin on his face after his greeting. He couldn't deny how happy he felt hearing those words. But, as he turned his attention back to the most flustered person in that stadium, he kind of felt apologetic. Of course, he didn't want his man to feel so uncomfortable.

He smiled warmly at a tensed Donghae who had his eyes tightly closed. As he closed the distance between their faces, pretending to really do what he was requested, he brought up his hand from his nape and took the cream off his nose then ate it.

Donghae relaxed right away after what he had done while the members and the fans jokingly booed at what happened.

“I ate it! I already ate it,” he tried to ignore the reactions and as he looked at Donghae, he somehow saw disappointment on his face or maybe he was just imagining it? “Happy birthday, Donghae!”

Everyone then cheered and greeted the birthday boy, too.

The unexpected seconds of his life came right after that.

He was busily talking with Siwon as Donghae handed him tissues asking him to wipe off some of the cream left on his nose. He thoughtlessly took it and did the man's demand like how he naturally takes care of him which earned another set of screams and cheers from the crowd. Suddenly, everything's too much. Siwon was tapping his shoulders, the other members' attention were at them once more, L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter