undo

undo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"don't you think we'd make a cool family?"
mark stares, assessing the younger's hushed demeanor "glad that you're finally seeing me that way, bbom-ah."

"'cuz listen...you're my best friend" jaebeom says, like that explains everything. conveying his feelings are one of jaebeom's weaknesses, you see. "and you're the best person i know."

mark quickly thought of recording jaebeom, his words and his actions. because you don't pass an opportunity to have the blackmail material of the century, spread it to friends and family to tease jaebeom.

mark refrained himself and toys with his wet phone, the cracks on the screen looked fresh but not really.

"oh yeah?" mark prods yet feigning disinterest, "tell me more."

jaebeom's clutches on his beer, hard enough to put nail dents on the can. "my family loves you more than they love me. they love you to the point that i'm jealous," jaebeom chuckles, "don't tell mom i said that." mark nods.

"and i love you", his voice b with emotion, ", i love you." the storm swirling in his glassy eyes were beautiful. mark also thought this. but it was also cruel of him, as mark believed these three words aren't meant to be said as mere afterthoughts.

afterall, jaebeom tends to express his feelings when he isn't sober, or he tries to. mark sighs, "jaebeom–"

"and you know what?" he interrupts. "you're like the prettiest– no, the most gorgeous person i've ever seen in my life. you're incomparable to no one and you're really, really beautiful it hurts." drops of beer sloshed at jaebeom's shoes, it's starting to lose it's coldness from being held for long. but jaebeom doesn't notice, it seems. he's been doing that a lot these days.

"you have always been there for me. you have been my best friend since we were kids, christ. you have put trust in me. you understand me best... it's like we're soulmates", he chuckles drily, "it's funny."

mark counts the beer cans, nine in total together with four soju bottles, littering the table, some even turned upside down, and one can was crushed.

"you mean so much to me." jaebeom continues.

such a cruel thing to say, mark thought. "you're so drunk jaebeom, you don't know what you're saying." an understatement, really. an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter