Tears

Diamond Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cher's POV

After that small breakdown in front of Yoongi, I felt a little better and most of all, embarrassed. But thankfully, he did not use that as ammunition to tease me or make fun of me in any way. I have been practising and keeping my health in check but my sleep was not getting better. Leading up to the showcase, there were full dress rehearsals on the actual stage we would be performing. 

"Wow, this place is huge!" Jungkook said in awe as we faced the empty auditorium, where there were all the empty seats. I couldn't help but laugh at how adorable he was. I didn't really have stage fright anymore after performing so many shows. 

"Alright, you can explore more later. I need to practice." I chuckled. 

"Ready?" The performance director spoke through the microphone from the booth. I nodded and gave a thumbs up, getting into position. Hearing the familiar music, I took a deep breath and put on a smile, beginning my routine. As I danced, I took a mental note of the points in the stage like where the wings ended and the visible points.

"Yura, Kai sshi just arrived. Would you like to run your duet after a quick water break?" The director asked when I ended. I nodded, giving another thumbs up. Jungkook handed me a bottle of water to drink. 

"Are you okay, noona?" He fanned me. I nodded, giving him a reassuring smile before bowing to Kai. 

"Let's go." He smiled and I ran to the other wing, where my position was. The music started once again and we started dancing. Honestly, I can tell that Kai has been putting a lot of effort into practising. I could see improvements each time we practised together.

"Alright. Thank you!" The director said and the two of us bowed. I bowed to Kai and he bowed back as I ran over to Jungkook. He handed me my jacket to wear over my leotard and pants. Since the performance was in 2 days, we didn't want to practise too long and risk getting injured or overworking. We headed to a pasta restaurant for lunch.

"Eat up!" I smiled. 

"Yes, I'm starving!" Jungkook looked at the food with shiny eyes. 

"Jungkook, between you and me... We don't have to tell Yoongi but I want to know. What's his history with that Solar girl? The one I met during that meeting." I asked. Jungkook stopped shovelling the food in his mouth and looked up at me, gulping. He looked nervous as if he wasn't sure if he was allowed to tell me. 

"I'm honestly not the right person to tell you, noona. It's best if you ask him yourself. If Suga hyung finds out that I was the one that told you, he will definitely kill me!" 

"Then we won't tell him." I scoffed. 

"But it's all in the past anyway!" He argued but I shot him a knowing look. With that, he sighed in defeat. 

"Alright, fine. Mamamoo is one of our first female alliances so they opened up a lot of operation opportunities with us. Given that, we spent a lot of time together. Solar noona and Suga hyung just got closer, like whenever she called him, he would go help her. We have never seen Suga hyung like that before, given he doesn't take orders from other people." He said. 

"I agree." I snorted. 

"But noona, Suga hyung isn't really as bad as he seems. He just doesn't know how to show his emotions and affection. Anyway, Solar had professed her feelings for him and Suga hyung felt the same way but never openly said it." Jungkook sighed. 

"But Solar noona knew that Suga hyung had a soft spot for her. She always called him to hang out and she wanted him to make her his priority. But Suga hyung started getting busy with all this work his father gave him and they just stopped talking. Then you came." He continued and I nodded my head. Why did it feel weird to hear this?

"I see, thanks for telling me." I said. 

"Noona, you okay? I'm sorry." Jungkook looked down. 

"Why are you apologising? You didn't do anything wrong. Besides, Yoongi and I don't even have feelings for one another. I just wanted to know if he would possibly be seeing Solar again. I wouldn't want to get in the way." I shrugged. 

"No, noona! Actually, since you came, Suga hyung never mentioned anything about Solar noona anymore. Anyway, I like you a lot more than Solar noona. You make better cookies and give great hugs. Solar noona never bothered to talk to us when she came to see Suga hyung." Jungkook shook his hands. 

"I like you too, Jungkook." I smiled, ruffling his hair. He gave me a bunny grin and we continued eating, changing the topic of conversation. After that, he dropped me off at home. 

"I don't have practice tomorrow so I'll see you at the show." I bid him goodbye.

"Don't worry, I'll be right over." I heard Yoongi speaking on the phone as I entered the house. He looked up at me as he hung up and wore his leather jacket. Before I could even get a word in or ask where he was going, he brushed past me and left the house. I sighed and closed the door, going up to my room. Putting my bag down, I went to take a shower. 

"Whenever she called him, he would go help her."

I suddenly thought of what Jungkook said and shook my head. Why was I even thinking about that? I took my time to soak in the bathtub, filling it up with ice to do an ice bath. That always helps soothe my aching muscles.

"Ah, that did wonders." I stepped out of the bathtub and wore a hoodie with some shorts. Going downstairs, I did the laundry, made dinner (setting aside a share for Yoongi) and sat down in front of the television to watch my shows as I ate. 

"It's 2 am, why are you still awake?" Yoongi's voice made me jump. I didn't even know that it had gotten so late. Psychologically, I was afraid of Yoongi not being home. I was afraid that he would burst through the front door with another bullet wound or a more serious, life threatening injury. It just gave me chills thinking about it. 

"I'm going to bed." He continued. 

"I made dinner." I told him. He ignored me and continued his way up the stairs. I sighed, going to keep his portion of food in the fridge. Once the lights downstairs were turned off, I went upstairs. I entered my room and fell onto my bed. 

"God damn it." I sat up, looking around my dark room. Touching my forehead, there was a thin layer of sweat. My hands trembled slightly and my mind raced. Unconsciously, my feet brought my out of the room and there I was, standing in front of Yoongi's door. I gulped, staring at the wooden material for a few seconds before lifting my hand to knock. 

"Yoongi?" I called out softly. 

"Y-Yoongi?" I repeated a little louder, my voice starting to quiver slightly. There was huffing heard from inside and there was a soft reply. Slowly, I twisted the doorknob and entered. Yoongi remained in his sleeping position but grunted to acknowledge my presence. 

"What the hell do you want?" He grumbled. 

"C-Can I sleep here? Please?" I was almost begging at this point and if I wasn't in this weak mental state, I would have slapped myself for behaving this way in front of Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter