Till Our Next Lives

TILL OUR NEXT LIVES

“Grandpa, you have a package.” Kwon Seungri’s grandson shouted, waving a brown box. When he opened it, it was one of his first few novels.

A note was attached to it, “We found it in our home's attic where I also found the diary. All your published works are there, novels and poems. But this was a special one. My great grandmother, my past self, wrote something in it for you. Thank you dongsaeng! – Love, Dara and Jiyong.”

The old man flipped the cover, and what he saw made him cry. A familiar handwriting welcomed him.

 

“You really used Kwon Park. Jiyong must be laughing at you.

I’m so proud of how successful you are, thank you for keeping your promise.

Don’t worry, I will also keep my promise. – Sandara noona”

 

It was a Sunday afternoon in the Kwon’s residence. Jiyong, Dara, and Seungri were lazily hanging around in the living room.

“If ever you write in the future as your career, used Kwon Park instead of Kwon Seungri.” Dara suggested out of nowhere, laughing. She was just fooling around and has no intention to make him really follow it.

“Where did you get that?” Jiyong asked while Seungri stared at her, curious of her answer too.

“Because you’re a Kwon and I’m a Park.” She hugged Jiyong, still laughing.

“Yah, these are Seungri’s works we are talking about, not ours.” Jiyong giggled. But unknown to the couple, Seungri was already in deep thought, really considering his noona’s suggestion. Besides, all his works are inspired from his hyung and noona’s story.

 

“Take care of your family like what your hyung did, okay? And promise me, you will continue writing.” Dara told Seungri. “Yes, noona.”

 

He really like the sound of Kwon Park as his pen name since they were his muse, but another reason why he used it is he was hoping that if ever his noona saw his works, she will contact him again but it never happened.

“Noona did not forget. She always looks after me.” He mumbled.

 

 

Two years passed, Jiyong and Dara were enjoying their married life. They have remained in contact with Mr. Kwon Seungri and Mr. Kang Daesung. While the exhibit, which originally should run for only a month, has become a permanent part of the museum. It became a tourist destination even by known writers and artists around the world. They gave nothing but pure admiration and positive feedbacks.

“Babe, the grandson of Mr. Kwon Seungri just called.” Dara turned sullen. “He died this morning.” It was in their knowledge that the old man has been experiencing some health problems but hearing it still left them with grief.

The couple along with Seungri traveled to Jangsu to pay respect. Jiyong and Dara entered first, greeting the grandson but when Seungri appeared from the couple’s back, it brought the people inside the room into their feet

“Grandpa?” They all gasped.

“No sir. I just really looked like him.” Seungri quickly denied. The people were still confused but shrugged off the impossible idea and went back to their businesses. “There’s no way they’re the same person.” They all thought.

“That’s a relief, I thought I saw a ghost. Thank you for coming here. Jiyong, Dara, I assumed you know a person named Lee Seungri?”

“That would be me, sir.” Seungri joined in.

“So, you’re the one grandpa’s talking about, the other Seungri. It’s weird you looked exactly the same.” The man stared at him for a moment, memorizing the same face his grandfather used to have before continuing, “Grandpa wanted me to give this to you.” He handed him a book and then turned to Jiyong and Dara. “And here’s another one for the both of you.” The couple bowed down, thanking him.

“No, I’m the one who should thank you. For the past years, it’s the first time I saw him the happiest again when he met you. Thank you for that.”

“You know what, I can remember a famous love story on the both of you. Our town’s legendary couple. How perfect would it be if you were their next lives.”

 

 

It was another night after a long busy day in work. Dara was staring at the book given by Kwon Seungri. They have already read it but everytime they have a chance, they still stare at the message written on the first page.

 

To Jiyong and Dara,

Finally, I can end this novel. This took me years since I started it when the Jiyong and Dara I knew were still alive.

My favorite hyung and noona, thank you for not disappointing me, and for proving me again that happy ending really exists. Thank you for being my muse.

Your love, it will always be beautiful. Please promise me, you’ll find each other again in your next lives. Be happy the both of you.

-Your dongsaeng, Kwon Seungri

 

“We’re really lucky to meet each other again.” Dara said as she traced the words on the book.

“It’s not luck, babe. It’s our love that made us meet.”

Dara put down the book, and turned to him. She stared at him, caressing his face. “I love you Ji, always”

“I love you too, Dara. I’ve loved you in my past life. I love you now. I will love you till our next lives. I will always love you.” Dara reached for his lips, kissing him, tasting his manly sweetness, inhaling his familiar scent. Jiyong pulled her closer, deepening their kiss more. Their hands travelling on each other’s bodies, feeling their warmth. Their love for each other overflowing, grateful for each moment they've with each other, promising they will always make the most out it.

Before they always wonder what they did in their past lives to deserve each other. They have assumed they were a hero even a saint but now, they have their answer. It is their past love’s promise that made it possible.

But even with the absence of their past lives, they will still find each other for in that lifetime they are meant.

 

 

A year later, Jiyong and Dara arrived in one of the largest cinemas in Seoul. It was the premiere night of Seungri’s movie which he claimed as his best one. Cameras were all flashing, actors and actresses were gracing the red carpet, famous people from arts and literature were also present. It was undeniably an eventful night.

“My butterfly, let’s go?” Jiyong offered his hand to Dara who was caressing her bulging stomach. Dara entwined her hand with his while Jiyong gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“Let’s watch our love story.” He whispered. Dara got out of the car with Jiyong guiding her. They were all smiles as they walked inside.

Inside the venue, Seunghyun, Seungri, and Hanbin were already huddled together, waiting for the couple.

“Seungri, what’s with the names of the character?” Seunghyun asked curiously. He found it weird that out of all names, it should be those names that Seungri used.

“Why? Is there a rule that I can’t use it? Also, the book also used that names.” He answered casually.

“The expecting parents are here.” Hanbin disrupted his hyungs when he saw Jiyong and Dara entering the venue.

“How’s my adopted child.” Seungri lowered down on his knees, leveling his face to Dara’s stomach. Seunghyun grimaced at his actions and slapped his head away.

“Hyung! The baby can see you!” Seungri frowned at him while the couple just laughed at the scene.

“How are you feeling?” Jiyong asked Seungri.

“I’m very nervous. This is the best novel I’ve ever read, and having the honor to turn it into a movie, it’s quite a pressure but I have no regrets. For goodness sake, it’s the story of my favorite couple in the whole universe.” He smiled knowingly.

The group, then entered the cinema, going to their respective seats. Soon, the movie was playing.

 

“Until When”

(based on a true story)

 

 

“So, you’re the one grandpa’s talking about, the other Seungri. It’s weird you looked exactly the same.” The man stared at him for a moment, memorizing the same face his grandfather used to have before continuing, “Grandpa wanted me to give this to you.”

 

 To: Lee Seungri

My next life, thank you for witnessing again the love of Jiyong and Dara. I’m right all along, it will never die. I’ve watched some of your movies, I became an instant fan of yours. I guess it’s because we have the same muse. Please do me one last favor, think of this as my wish being your past life. Please turn this novel into a movie. I want to let the love of my hyung and noona, your hyung and noona to be always remembered. I want it to live forever. Till the next lives we have!

-Kwon Seungri (Kwon Park)

 

When the movie ended, and the credits were showing, everyone stood up, clapping their hands nonstop. The movie, it portrays a sincere love, an eternal love, a great one. Each artist gives justice to each character. The lines, they were all heartfelt. The cinematography, it was breathtaking. The music, it was melodic and profound, complementing all the scenes and emotions. Indeed, a masterpiece.

 

Novel by Kwon Park

Music by Nabi

Directed by Lee Seungri

Kwon Hanbin as Kwon Jiyong

Park Jisoo as Park Sandara

 

Some were still in deep thought, some were wiping their tears, but they were all smiling. They were staring on the words written on the large screen. It was heartbreaking yet so beautiful. A promise.

 

We may not be destined together in this life, but I know in the next lives we have, we will. Let’s meet again. I love you always.

 

For his love for her, her love for him. They will never find the same love again. Nobody knows. They will always know. They will meet again in their next lives, and will love each other once again just as they did before.

 

FIN.

 

Prologue.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1442773/until-when

 

 

A/N:

Hi readers! This fic is very different from my last fanfic, which is full of fluffs, but nevertheless,  this is just a light story so I hope you've enjoy reading it.

Thank you again! <3