Chapter 1: A new case

killer Among us

I was sitting at the last seat in my class.i was shy to talk to anyone, when all of a sudden a cute boy came to me.

He had puppy eyes and plump lips with brown hair.
??:um-hey.my name is jimin.can I sit next to you.
(Jimin what a cute name) I nodded hesitantly
I'm y/n.
Soon We became pretty close friends.that was 12 years ago now I'm a detective and he is a singer in group called BTS

Present time
I go through many sharp turns running with full speed sweat dripping from my forehead panting hard I see a reflection of a person behind me running in an alley that's it.. that's my catch..I make one last turn and he's nowhere to run now.god he gave me a hard time.

"You are under arrest for stealing from a jewelry shop put your hands in the air you have nowhere to run now" a jewelry shop really..

Thief: "!!!.how are you so fast!?"

'That's my specialty'! I mentally rolled my eyes

i say brushing my hair and then saying in my mic

"Seojun-ah where are you I need you to come to ****** address i caught this stranger stealing from the jewelry shop. Please come collect him I have better things to do. if you don't come here in less than 5 minutes I'll make sure you will end up in hospital"

Seojun is my fellow detective we have been pretty good friends.he's handsome and caring.A complete gentleman.

"You do know that it's your job to catch scumbags like him right ..?"

"Watch it Kim", I say to him before ending the call.

After what seems like hours I hear a siren indicating that he has finally come.he takes the so called thief and we drive back to the Seoul Police stationation.

We have been after him for a week.he has been stealing way too much.i couldn't even get to rest.after giving my report to the chief I went back to my desk that's as messy as ever.

(Don't take it in the wrong way I'm not a messy person it's just I haven't been able to find the time to organize it)

A phone ends my train of thoughts.i get it out of my back pocket to see who is calling me.

i get it out of my back pocket to see who is calling me        

Without hesitation I press the answer icon.
Jimin: hey! what's up?

God it's been so long since I heard his voice

: Nothing just caught a thief and resting ryt now.
Jimin: YOU CAUGHT A THIEF!!?

There he goes I mentally roll my eyes. As loud as ever I remove the phone from my ear preventing it from bleeding because of his loud voice

:Yes.was a piece of cake. what about you? how's the tour going?
Jimin: P-E-R-F-E-C-T. armys are so supportive and all.but I miss you.the guys also.and jungkook says hi!
:Aww I miss you guys too.its been so long since we hang ou-

Before I could complete my sentence sejin came and said that chief is calling me

:Jimin I'm sorry but I have to go.
Jimin:it's okay.let talk when you are home bye.
:Bye

After talking to him I shove my phone back into my pocket.and head to chief's room.i knock on the door before entering.

I greet him saying what he wanted me for.
"y/n you have been proving to us that you are a great detective."

Seriously what was he on about again??
( I couldn't understand what he was trying to say until he said)

As you know that there have been a lot of killing in seom-dong neighborhood.and we all are trying to find the killer.i am afraid that the team that was working on it gave up the case cause they couldn't find the killer.I want you to take in the case.

I'm sorry what??

I stood there frozen. Processing what he just said . He wants me to be in charge of a serial killer case.I accepted his offer.IDon't have a choice do I? but then again why am i nervous? i mean it was my dream to handle big cases like this.. but now that the oppurtinity came why am i being a nervous wreck? why is my heart pounding? is this the adrenaline or is it the feeling that something bad is gonna happen.

Either way I am so down .