The Memory - Alternate Ending

ONE-SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yul opened his eyes. A bright light greeted him from the window in his office. It was already dusk. The sun was setting down. Yul massaged his aching head. He peeked at his watch before sitting up and took a deep breath. He looked at the portrait in his office.

It was a portrait of his little family. He looked at his son’s face. He looked at Tiffany and then at his face. They looked happy. Yul played with his ring. He stood and looked around. His heart felt heavy as he remembered what has happened years ago. He remembered why he left Seoul and why he shut off everyone. Yul took his phone and dialed Tiffany’s number.

“Hey, I have something came up at the factory in Jeollado. It’s not big but I think I have to go down there to see it.” Yul gathered his stuff.

“Alright, Yul. Yoong and I will be fine. Don’t worry.” Tiffany answered from the other line and Yul ended the call.

Yul rushed to his car and minutes, later he was driving through the busy streets of Seoul. He took the highway and headed to Jeonju instead.

//

Yul looked at his watch. It was already 11 p.m. He slowed down his car and looked at the familiar hut. His heart felt heavy again. He gripped the steering. The light in the hut is still on. He stared at it, looking here and there, if there’s any familiar figure. Then he saw her, Sooyeon. She looked the same. He watched Sooyeon as the woman opened the hut door and went to the wooden gate. Yul shrunk behind his steering wheel. He watched Sooyeon locked the gate before entering the hut again. Then the light was off. Yul leaned to his seat and heaved a sigh.

//

Sooyeon watered the vegetables before she picked on snails she saw around her small garden.

“Sooyeon…”

Sooyeon turned around and saw Yul at the fence. She stood slowly.

“Yul…what are you doing here?” Sooyeon took off her farming gloves.

“Can we talk?” Yul asked and Sooyeon nodded.

Sooyeon pleased Yul into the hut. She took a stool and cleaned it for Yul.

“It’s okay Sooyeon. That’s fine.” Yul stopped Sooyeon and took the stool.

“You want tea?” Sooyeon went to the small table.

“Tea would be fine.” Yul sat on the stool and watched Sooyeon.

Truthfully he wasn’t even thirsty but he missed the tea she used to make back then. Yul watched Sooyeon carefully.

“Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter