one

Midnight Sky | RyuJisu/RyuLia one-shot Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How!? How am I supposed to move on from you!?" Ryujin screams at the top of her lungs, her whole body intoxicated by alcohol, except her heart. Her heart is intoxicated with pain.

 

"Ryujin hello!" Lia called Ryujin while waving her hand, a genuine smile plastered in her face as she slowly made her way to her best friend.

Ryujin is sitting at their usual spot. They always come here every Friday and Saturday night. It's their usual thing ever since they were 7 years old. At exactly 10 pm, they will always see each other, by the beach under 2 palm trees that form a cross to watch the sky up above, to be mesmerized by it until midnight.

"Hello to you too, princess." Ryujin replied. It's her pet name to Lia. She became her princess the first time she saw her, at the same beach when they were just kids. Lia is crying because some douchebag kids said she can't be the princess cause they do not want a princess on their make believe kingdom. So Ryujin, as badass as she was at a young age, rescued Princess Lia and punched all 3 kids in the face, held out her hand to the girl and said 'If they don't want you to be their Princess, then me I want you to me my Princess forever I promise, I just rescued you your majesty, hold my hand cause our adventure awaits us!'. Little Princess Lia, held Ryujins hand and stood up, tears stopped from flowing, they ran together as they played in their own make believe world.

"You will never get tired of calling me that, don't you?" Lia replied. Though she pretends to be cringey whenever Ryujin calls her princess, deep inside her heart, she still loves it after all this time.

"I will never stop calling you Princess, I promised." Ryujin said while giving Lia her kitty-like smile. Which always makes Lias heart tremble.

"Shut it! It's too cringeyyy!! How's your day by the way?" Lia asked, looking at the stars above.

"Good, the usual, I already searched for universities to apply. There are some really good Universities that offer Performing arts here in Korea though, but I think I'll go with KNUA if, hopefully, I will pass their admission exam. You? Still gonna grab that Scholarship with Julliard?" Ryujin asked and shifted her focus to the other girl. She felt a slight pain in her heart, hoping Lia would answer NO. But it's Julliard for god's sake, as much as she does not want her best friend to go overseas, she still wants the best for her.

"Actually, Yes. Julliard is a prestigious school. It's been my dream school since I was young, you know that! I'm excited to start my Bachelor of Music journey!" Lia replied while looking at Ryujins eyes while she claps her hand because of excitement. Her smile was bright, full of joy and as much as Ryujin hated her answer, she pretended she did. All she wanted is for her Princess to be happy.

 

Ryujin is wasted, it's not new though, she's surrounded by bottles of liquor while lying down at the beach, watching the sky above. How they sparkle, how they shine so beautifully while she is broken and devastated.

"This used to be our thing, now I'm the only one doing it. Now I'm all alone. It's been 5 ing years and it's still the same ing feeling!!!! I'M ALONE IN THIS ING BEACH!!!! WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO LEAVE!!! WHY THE DID YOU NOT CHOOSE TO JUST STAY HERE BESIDE ME!!!!" Ryujin screamed, crying her heart out. Letting the beach be filled with all her emotions and anger. As selfish as it may sound, but it broke her heart so much when Lia left her.

 

1 month before Lia leaves for Julliard.

"Lia-yah! My Princessss I've only got exactly a month to be with you. Just stay here beside me pleaseee." Ryujin said while hugging Lia and the nth time she begged for her best friend to stay. Her head buried in Lia neck while secretly making herself be intoxicated with Lia's scent that she loved ever since. If only Lia knows how much Ryujin loves her. How much Ryujin controls herself whenever she lands on top of her after tickling each other. How much she held back kissing her whenever her lips were so close to hers. Oh how she loves to feel Lia's precious lips even just for a second... but no, they're best friends and she's afraid that if she does that, Lia will stop hanging out with her. She might seem strong on the outside, but she's a coward when it comes to Lia.

"Ryujin, 1 month is still a lot of time, you stupid! And besides, when I'm there, we can still video chat with each other. I'll call you everyday if you want." Lia explained while hugging Ryujin back. Lia loves everything about Ryujin. How her hair smells like mint. Her kitty smile. Her dance moves, and god those lips... every time they tickle each other, she always makes Ryujin win just so she can look at her lips, just so she can stare at the girls' face as close as she can probably be. She doesn't know if Ryujin notices how much she wants to kiss her. But everytime they're centimeters apart from each other, what goes unnoticed to Lia is that Ryujins cheeks always flushed red. She wanted to hope that there's still a little chance for Ryujin to be in love with her too but she set that aside as it may just Ryujins lack of air that makes her face r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter