Mate

Unable. Disable. Enable

Minhyun's body hurt. He expected something like this to happen the moment he decided to leave their group of friends. He laid on the ground, gasping and choking on air as if it was both his lifesaver and kryptonite. His hands messily bound with some mesh rope that was inside the storage room behind his back. He could taste blood at the corner of his lips as Jisung had landed a punch on his face earlier.

 

"Wouldn't it have been much better like this? You, keeping your goddamn mouth shut," Jisung hissed and pulled him up by his hair. Minhyun cried out and gritted his teeth. He knew screaming for help wouldn't even work and that was his initial fear from before when he was mute but now that he had a voice, the fear hadn't gone away. 

 

"You won't get away with this," Minhyun grunted, feeling his ribs trying to crush his lungs. Jisung kicked his chest and Minhyun fought the urge to vomit as his back knocked against a covered couch. He breathed in sharply and Jisung frowned.

 

"Bring me that cloth over there," Jisung ordered Jaehwan who did as he was told. Minhyun looked up and turned to Sungwoon who just stood there, scared and frozen in a corner. Their eyes met and Minhyun pursed his lips. 

 

"You're better than this," He whispered, feeling his lungs hurt just trying to speak. Sungwoon gasped and Jisung glared at him, making him turn away. He scoffed and turned his attention back to Minhyun.

 

"Don't bother. He won't betray me. His scholarship depends on me," Jisung said as he grabbed Minhyun's cheeks.

 

"You're sick," Minhyun spat before his mouth was forcefully stuffed with the cloth. Minhyun grunted and struggled but Jisung was not holding back his strength while Minhyun never liked to use his.

 

"Keep your mouth shut. Can't you just learn? You were much more bearable before this. Scream as much as you want. Nobody will be able to hear you even if you have a voice," Jisung said with a roll in his eyes before he sent another punch across his cheeks, causing him to fall again. Minhyun could almost taste the blood within his mouth as his cheek stung. He bit down on the cloth unwillingly as he felt dizzy. "As long as you agree to keep your pretty little mouth shut, I can agree to let you go."

 

Minhyun blinked while frowning. He could feel tears in the corner of his eyes but refused to give Jisung the satisfaction of seeing him break down. He knew he wouldn't be able to last much longer but he was stubborn. He refused to agree to what Jisung wanted. 

 

"Must I really bring your soulmate into this to get you to agree?" Jisung sighed and Minhyun groaned, feeling his anger boil. But it was only momentary when someone started knocking on the locked storage room door. All 4 of their attention diverted towards the door. 

 

"Hello? Is anyone inside?" a familiar voice called out and Minhyun stiffened. "Hello?!" 

 

"Oh my. If it isn't the man himself. Jaehwan, Sungwoon, get him," Jisung ordered and Minhyun made muffled protests. Jisung chuckled and squatted down, patting his stinging cheek. "You be a good boy now." 

 

Jaehwan frowned at Sungwoon who still seemed frightened. "Come on. You don't want to lose your scholarship, right?" 

 

"But this has gone too far. It used to be just for a short while but he's hurting Minhyun continuously." 

 

"Minhyun betrayed us." 

 

"No. He hasn't even told anyone about us." 

 

"Quit being such a baby." 

 

Sungwoon pursed his lips. Jaehwan opened the door and Baekho took a step back, eyes widening slightly. 

 

"You..." 

 

"What do you want, punk?" 

 

Baekho breathed in and tried not to remind himself of how he was beaten up by Jaehwan and the rest before. "Is Minhyun inside?" 

 

"If I say yes?" 

 

Baekho gulped. "What are you guys doing to him? Please don't hurt him." 

 

Jaehwan smirked and signalled Sungwoon to get ready. He pulled the door open wider so Baekho could see Minhyun collapsed on the floor. Baekho gasped and fought the urge to run up to him. He needed to get help but before he could make the move, Sungwoon grabbed him and pulled him in. He stumbled forward and Jaehwan slammed the door shut before they broke into a struggle to keep Baekho down. Minhyun cried out, seeing his soulmate being attacked mercilessly with kicks and punches. Baekho tried to block since he didn't want to hurt anyone despite the growing anger within him. 

 

"Stop it!" he yelped and tried to push them back. "Minhyun-" Jisung's kick came unexpectedly as it hit him right on his side and he doubled over. "Gah-" Jaehwan immediately pushed him down onto the ground roughly and tried to make a grab for his arms. Sungwoon brought the mesh rope over and they bound him. 

 

"Mmf!" 

 

"That wasn't so hard," Jisung chuckled and Minhyun became furious. He tried to get up but his body ached and already had bruises that were starting to appear from how much he had to endure earlier. "Oh. You're not going anywhere." Jisung pushed Minhyun down by his neck and Baekho gasped when he heard Minhyun's cry. 

 

"Stop that!" he yelled and tried to get Jaehwan off but the other put his weight onto him. "Stop! You're hurting him!" 

 

"Of course I am. Don't be dumb," Jisung said. "Actually, you know what? He fixed your muteness, didn't he? And you fixed his deafness. This is just splendid." 

 

"What..." 

 

Jisung pulled the cloth out and Minhyun gritted his teeth, unsure what the other was about to do. Jisung rolled Minhyun over and chuckled. "Hey, Mr soulmate. Ever heard him scream yet?" 

 

"No... No! NO! Keep your hands off him!" Baekho yelled and clenched his jaw, trying and trying until even Sungwoon had to hold him down. "Please! If you want to hurt someone, hurt me!" 

 

Jisung reached behind him and pulled out a pocket knife. Minhyun's pupils trembled. Jisung wanted him to scream. He knew that. He wanted Baekho to suffer and it was something Minhyun couldn't understand. Why? Why them? Why anyone? Didn't he have everything? Status, money, friends? Jisung placed the cold steel on his neck but he bit his lower lip harshly. He wasn't going to scream. He won't! 

 

"Minhyun! Please stop him! Please."