Chapter 2

Always by her side

". . . !" Sana cursed as she watched the couple break up. She was walking back and fourth, while mentally cursing insults inside her head. Nayeon would usually comfort her when this happened but she was way too invested with the whole scene to even care.

 

Sana was freaking out. Why? If they don't get back together, the couples souls would cease to exist. Which then would lead her to be in major trouble with her parents and the other Greek gods. Especially her grandfather, the ruler of Olympus, Zeus.

 

Nayeon should be worried too as her parents were quite up there in terms of social status but right now she's bawling her eyes out over her favourite ship breaking up. 

 

"Oh my god! Nayeon what do we do?!?" Sana yelled, watching the former couple walk away from each other. 

 

"Shut up! Can't you see I'm not okay? My favourite couple broke up! I'm way too emotional for this!" Nayeon yelled back, sobbing in between her words.

 

"Oh my god... this is a mess." Sana sighed, tearing up herself. What an absolute mess, all because of her. She shouldn't have believed that the couple would last. But could anyone blame her? The stars basically aligned for the two. They were made for each other so what the hell went wrong?

 

"Sana, it's not your fault." Nayeon whispered, wiping her tears as she saw how the younger girl was about to cry herself. 

 

Sana's first tear fell as she returned Nayeon's eye contact and that completely broke Nayeon. 

 

"Oh Sana come here..." 

 

Nayeon opened her arms, moving closer to Sana. She wrapped her arms around the younger girl's waist and kissed her cheeks. "Don't cry,"

 

"What would I do without you Nayeonie~" Sana cried resting her head on Nayeon's forehead.

 

"Probably get in a lot of often," Nayeon chuckled.

 

"Yah!"

 

"I'm kidding, let's just stay like this for now and think of a solution later. Okay?" Nayeon smiled, she didn't particularly hate this situation in fact she was loving every moment of it. She longed for years just to hold Sana like this everyday, and yes she was completely and utterly whipped for the pink haired girl.

 

"I like that."

 

With cheeks touching and both smiling, the two goddesses were at peace.

 

For now anyways.

 

~*~

 

Back in the mortal world, Seungwan was beyond devastated. She had recently graduated and had gotten a job as a composer for a popular company. But she did not feel like celebrating right now when the love of her life had just broken up with her. 

 

Why must the world be so cruel.

 

She doesn't hate Joohyun for her decision though, long distance relationships were horrible. Joohyun didn't like the fact that she’d be so far away from Seungwan and Seungwan didn’t like the fact she couldn’t be physically affectionate with Joohyun. This lead to arguments and so they decided to break up being so tired of fighting all the damn time. But that didn't help stop the pain though, breakups were a .

 

"Wan-Ah, you need to eat. You haven't eaten all day it's concerning." Seulgi pleaded, holding a bowl of seaweed soup.

 

Her best friend was an angel and Seungwan doesn't know what she did in her past life to deserve her. But the bear could be so oblivious at times, seaweed soup was something Joohyun cooked for Seungwan whenever she was feeling sad and the bowl of liquid just made her miss Joohyun even more. Instead of thanking the worried bear, Seungwan began to sob more than ever.

 

"Oh my poor hamster," Seulgi sighed, placing the bowl of soup down to hug her best friend. 

 

"Seulgi, I miss her so much." 

 

"I know... but you have to understand this is the best decision for both of you. Joohyun Unnie needs to be with somebody who is always there by her side and if you’re staying here in Korea how is that gonna work? you know? You especially needs someone to give you love everyday but how is that gonna work if you both are in different timezones. I know it hard to deal with but this isn’t gonna work either way Seungwan." Seulgi comforted her, the younger girls hair while tightening her embrace around the younger girls waist.

 

Seulgi did not fully support Joohyun's idea when she first told her but it was the best thing to do at this moment. Seulgi just wished her best friend wasn't so in love with the older girl because she knew that this news would absolutely break her best friend.

 

"But Seul~"

 

"No buts, Wannie~ Joohyun Unnie told me to make sure you move on." Seulgi smiled sadly, "she doesn't want you to wait for her when she's unsure of your future together."

 

"God Seul, she's so freaking perfect! I should've married her when I had the chance!" Seungwan cried, sobbing into Seulgi's shoulder. Seulgi rolled her eyes as she struggled to hold a giggle in.

 

Classic Seungwan, no filter whatsoever.

 

"Go to sleep Wan~ I'll be right here"

 

"You're the best Seul~ I love you so much I don't know what I'll do without you." Seungwan chuckled lightly, wiping her eyes with her bare palm.

 

Seungwan adjusted her position so she was now resting her head on Seulgi’s chest. Seulgi didn’t mind this as it was much more comfortable than having Seungwan on her shoulders. 

 

“Goodnight Wannie~”

 

“Goodnight Seul~” Seungwan muttered, she was still devastated about the whole breakup but she knew it would do her no good if she kept pining on the older girl. So just for that night.

 

She dreamt of Joohyun for one last time.

 

Unbeknownst to her a certain black headed beauty was dreaming of her not so far away.