Chapter 1

Always by her side

Seungwan was an honest child, when she had a thought she would proclaim them straight away. It's what her parents admired about her, whenever she was troubled or confused there would no filter in the child's words. 

 

Seungwan was in seventh grade with her best friend Seulgi, when she met her.

 

Bae Joohyun

 

Seungwan has never exactly fallen in love, sure she's had some crushes in the past but the emotions she felt then did not compare to the emotions she was feeling now. Bae Joohyun, was the most beuatiful girl her eyes had ever laid on, so when the older girl walked past them her thoughts escaped through .

 

"You're the most beautiful girl I've laid my eyes on," 

 

Seulgi facepalmed, she often wished her best friend could control at times. 

 

"Excuse me?" The older girl responded, resting her cold eyes among the younger girls. Seulgi gulped in fear, Joohyun was a tenth grader, three years older than both of them. With her looks and position she basically ran the school.

 

"I said that you're the most beautiful girl I've laid my eyes on," Seungwan repeated not affected by Joohyun's cold demeanour, in fact she even had the guts to offer Joohyun a smug smile.

 

Joohyun wasn't faze, "you're not the only one that had said that to me so don't look so smug..."

 

"Son Seungwan," The younger girl continued.

 

"Seungwan? What kind of name is that?" Joohyun mocked, Seulgi at this point wanted to run away, she feared the worst was about to come.

 

"It means 'complete victory'" Seungwan smiles, taking Seulgi's hand, "and I won't stop trying until I gain victory of your heart,”

 

Joohyun’s jaw dropped, “you have the nerve—”

 

“Come on Seulgi, we’ll be late for class! See ya later unnie~” Seungwan smirked, walking away practically dragging the poor girl who resembled a bear quite a lot, behind her.

 

Joohyun was speechless, annoyed, irritated. Basically every negative emotions there was to ever exist. Okay that would be too dramatic but it wasn’t far off. However, she would be lying to herself if she didn’t admit the younger girl intrigued her. 

 

~*~

“Holy Seul! What the heck was I thinking!”

 

“You know Seungwan I thought you were really cool back there, I almost didn’t recognise you but after you’ve dragged me here to the bathroom to panic, I take everything I said back,” Seulgi giggled, watching her best friend practically die of embarrassment in front of the mirror.

 

“Shut up bear! What do I do now!” Seungwan cringed, replaying the whole situation in her mind. It was a lot cooler back in that moment but now. not so much. “I cant believe I said that,” 

 

Seulgi chuckled, “it was pretty cool at the time don’t worry wan~ and plus I think you should continue pursuing her, Ive never seen you this attracted to anyone maybe it’s a sign?” 

 

“You’re right Seul, maybe I will continue pursuing her,” 

 

Seungwan did just that. For the rest of their school years together. Seungwan pursued Joohyun, not minding the age difference. Of course, she still prioritised her studies but Seungwan was a smart girl so she didn’t really have to try to even get a good grade.

 

Joohyun at the start did not like Seungwan at all, she hated the fact that Seungwan would be everywhere she went, offering help whenever she needed one. But as years went by the annoying hamster grew onto her to the point that the missing presence of the younger girl worried Joohyun. 

 

So at Seungwan’s graduation, when Joohyun was a uni student, Joohyun finally gave Seungwan the sweet longing “yes”.

 

Seungwan promised her that day that she would always be by her side. Joohyun being the hopeless romantic she was, liked the sound of that. So she responded to  Seungwan’s words with a long kiss. It didn’t take long before that evolved into a make out session and Seulgi practically had to break them off to save her innocent soul.

 

Unbeknown to them, two Greek goddesses were watching their love story from above. Entertained and captured by the couples interesting events.

 

“Hah! Sana I told you! I told you they’d get together!” Nayeon, the daughter of Apollo, cheered.

 

Sana sighed in relief, she too was way too invested in their story. “about time~ honestly. I feel like we should reward them with something?”

 

Nayeon stopped cheering and instead looked mortified, “Sana you know what my dad said, no messing with mortals lives. It’s dangerous!”

 

“Oh relax, Nayeon it’ll be a simple gift.” Sana giggled.

 

“For the daughter of Aphrodite and Cupid you sure are a lot to handle,” Nayeon sighed in defeat. She was way too whipped for the younger goddess to stop her.

 

“Oh shut up, what could ever go wrong” Sana smiled as she casts a spell that would bound Seungwan’s souls with Joohyun’s. “A couple that in love would never in their lives break up,”

 

Except everything did go wrong as two years later, Seungwan and Joohyun broke up.