Huang Zi Tao

Hello, Fan Boy!

Ella was in the living room, watching a live interview of EXO on their TV while her older sister was preparing lunch for her and her younger sister. Her younger sister, Jella, sitting next to her who was also an EXO fan excitedly shouted, “Omo!! Sehun! Kris! Kai! Why do all of you look so handsome?”

“TAO!!!”, then cried out Ella with excitement.

 

Their eldest sister, Deni, looked towards them, smiling as she was stirring the soup she was cooking. “These two…”, she whispered to herself.

“Hey! Unnie! Look!Look at D.O.! He looks so handsome!”, shouted Ella while pointing the TV screen

“He’s ugly.”, said Deni as she rolled her eyes.

“Whatever! You always call him ugly even though you really like him!”, said Jella

Deni shook her head as she continued cooking.

 

Few seconds later, “Food’s ready!”, Deni said with a smile

 

After having lunch together,

“Unnie, are you going somewhere today?”, asked Jella

“Well, I’m going to meet Zelo today.”, said Deni while placing a scarf around her neck.

“Tutorial on a Saturday?”, asked Ella

“Well, he said he had to catch up on some homework.”, said Deni while fixing her hair in front of the mirror.

“Homework? But we don’t have any this week.”, said Jella with her eyebrows raised

“Really?”, asked Deni who was confused.

“I think that troll just wanted to see you, Unni!”, said Jella as she rolled her eyes.

“What non-sense are you talking about?”, asked Deni.

“He likes you, I guess. He likes a NOONA to be his girlfriend!”, said Jella.

“Yah! Shut up! I’ll get going now. You two take care.”, said Deni.

“You better be careful with that Zelo, Unni! Don’t fall for him! Be loyal to Kyungsoo Oppa!”, shouted Ella as she was giggling with Jella.

 

When Deni had already left, the two continued watching the show Exo was on.

“I think Zelo really likes Unni. He talks about her in school. He treats me nicely like I’m his sister-in-law or something. And in fairness he started having good grades since Unni started tutoring him.”, said Jella.

“Wow. really?”, said Ella who was more focused on the EXO interview.

 

Tao was the one being interviewed. He was asked, “Among your label mates, who is your ideal type?” Tao smiled as he looked at his fellow members. Ella who was watching, hugged the pillow she was holding tightly. She didn’t want to hear his answer. She knew it will hurt her.

 

Tao answered, “Yoona of SNSD.”

 

Ella’s eyes grew bigger. Her heart was flustered. Jella who knew Ella liked Tao so much looked at her. She also didn’t know what to do. She became worried so she quickly turned the TV off. She started comforting her Unni. Tears began to fall from Ella’s eyes. Jella became so worried. She hugged her tightly as she also started crying with her.

 

When Ella finally stopped crying, she wiped away all her tears. She stood up and it startled Jella.

“From now on, I will stop falling in love with that guy. Because it’s stupid. He may be my first love but I just know it’s way too impossible for me to even be friends with that guy. How much more him falling in love with me? Who am I kidding with this dumb . I’ll stop this stupidity. Won’t go crazy over him anymore even if I end up seeing him face to face one day.”

 

“Unnie…”, said Jella sadly

 

Ella though smiled which also made Jella smile even though she knows her sister was still hurting deep inside.

Ella went to her room and sat down looking through the window thinking of Tao.

 

“I really have to lie low from being a fan girl.”, said Ella to herself

 

 

Monday morning, Jella and Ella were walking their way to school. Kenny, they’re childhood friend was waiting for them in front of the school gates.When he saw them, he waved at them as he jumped excitedly.

“Yah!! Have you heard about Exo’s concert next month?”, asked Kenny.

“Well, yeah. We did.”, said Jella without any excitement as she glanced at Ella for a second who was just looking elsewhere.

“Are you gonna watch?”, asked Kenny excitedly.

“I think Deni Unni will watch. She said she’ll pay for us if she still had extra money from Mom”.

“Really? Can she pay for me too?”.

Jella smacked his head saying, “You crazy!”.

“Yah! That hurts!”, shouted Kenny as he started rubbing the back of his head.

 

During lunch break, Kenny, Jella and Ella were at the same table at the school’s cafeteria.

“Where’s Deni Noona?”, asked Kenny.

“Hmmm… I dunno.”, answered Ella while biting the straw of her orange juice.

“Oh, by the way. About Tao and Yoona…”, started Kenny.

“I already heard about it. I’m okay with it.”, said Ella passively.

 

Kenny was shook. He was surprised that his eyes grew big as he went a speechless for a few seconds. He was surprised of how Ella was so passive about it.

 

“Really?”, asked Kenny.

“Uhm, yeah.”, answered Ella.

 

Jella mouthed ‘shut up’ to Kenny as Ella was focused on eating her sandwich.