Chapter 19

WHISPERS OF HEART

"Little one.... Tell me I am not dreaming." Sehun asked cupping Cara's face. 

"Do you want me to prove it?" Cara asked taking Sehun's hand and putting it on her chest, where he could feel her heart beat. Then she took his another hand and put it on his chest. 

"Our heart are in sync. Do you think Heart beat can lie?" Cara asked to which Sehun just looked at her mesmerized.

"I want to live in this moment forever. With you along the sea." Sehun said caressing Cara's face. 

"Then let's mophave our next date here... What do you say?" Cara said smiling.

"I promise I will make up for today in our next date." Sehun said looking at Cara.

"You already did with that kiss of yours." Cara said with a playful smile.

"Oh... Suddenly I want to make up for that more..." Sehun said holding Cara in his arms.
"Can I?" He added. 

"How about we drop these formalities between us?"  Cara said peaking Sehun's lips. 

"Oh I would love to." Sehun said peaking hers. 

"Hunnie... We should go back. We have work tomorrow." Cara said looking at Sehun.

"But I don't want to." Sehun said whining.

"We can always come back here. Let's get going now." Cara said standing up and extending her hand for Sehun. Unwillingly Sehun got up. 

 

"Good morning little one." Sehun said placing a kiss on Cara's temple after putting vermilion on it. 

"Yesterday still feels like dream." Cara said holding Sehun's hand.

"Why?" Sehun asked her. 

"I was so happy and I am kind of scared of it." Cara answered holding both of Sehun's hands.

"Little one.... " Sehun said sliding his hand into back of her ears. 

With a pause he started. "I know none of us are perfect and I can't promise our love will be perfect either....." 

"but with you, things gonna be amazing. I am sure of that." he smiled brightly melting Cara's heart. 

"Just like you said, we will take baby steps, we will go on dates, we will discover eachother and ourselves. Isn't that fasiniating " He said caressing her cheeks with his thumbs.

"You are the first one I fell in love with, you will be the last too. I got a lifetime to prove, yesterday was not a dream. Do you get me, honey?" Sehun asked looking deep down her eyes, she almost froze.

"Why? Why do you love me?" she uttered unknowingly.

"Don't you think it is a difficult question to answer?" Sehun asked looking at her expression.

"I love you because you make me fall in love with you every single time I look at you.
I love you because you are my definition of love." Sehun continued fixing his eyes at her.

"No... Don't do this to me... " Cara said with teary eyes.

"I can't take it anymore...." Cara said moving away from Sehun. 

"Hey... " Sehun called being a little worried.

"I can't love you this much... I don't deserve to be loved this way... " Cara said holding her tears. 

"Love me your way... Let me love you my way... There is nothing to compare, it's no race. And yes you deserve to be loved, cuz every one does." Sehun said taking a step forward.

"I am afraid...." Cara said looking towards him. 

"For what? I am with you, what are you afraid of?" Sehun said holding Cara's hand.

"I am afraid of dissapointing you. I am afraid of losing you. I am afraid of the pain, I might cause you, I am afraid of the guilt..." Cara was saying but Sehun put a finger on her lips.

"Will you support me when I will be scared to take a step?" he asked to which Cara said yes. 

"Will you stand by me and trust me when everyone else ask you not to?" He asked again. Cara said "of course..."

"You are the first one to become a real friend to me. Your presence bring smile on my face. You always take care of the people I care about. You aren't my love, you are my family, babe. Just not because you are my wife. But because you feel like home." Sehun said holding Cara in his arms. 

"We will make it work, okay little one?" Sehun asked looking at her, a drop of tear fell down her eyes. 

"In a sense, love is nothing hard. You just have to put your beloved one first. Love will workout as long as both of them are honest towards each other, if they are willing to forgive and forget at times and hold on to each other no matter what, if they talk out things when they get messy. As long as you and me want eachother to be happy, love will automatically work out... Hmm hmm?" Sehun said after making Cara sit on the couch.


Cara just nodded positively, and put her head on Sehun's lap. 


Guilt guilt guilt....  This is what Cara felt all day long, she became vulnerable, in an unhealthy way today. She regretted it, she regretted it a lot. She never wish to became a emotional parasite... Her bond with Sehun , the newly formed bond, she can't afford to lose it. 

"If we don't want to lose it, then we have to work for it... " She heard her colleague say, at last of the presentation. The room echoed with claps. That helped Cara to come back to reality. She should focus on her work, she realized. They got a new project, it was really important and she really needed to work for it, just like the girl in front said. The day after tomorrow is the meeting with the dealer, it was about the ceramic vases.
Elegant has been a leading company for interior designing products for the last decade. But Mrs Oh never included ceramic vases, as it was a little bit risky to handle, it was Cara's idea to include it. But she has been warned by Mrs Oh that it was going to be a little tough to enter a new thing and she shouldn't start her career with risk but Cara thought otherwise. She was happy Mrs Oh didn't stop her anymore but she was granted only a small amount as she was not sure to invest more. 

Today's meeting was with the selected team for the Ceramic products. They finalized a plan and Cara was quite happy with the team. They were young talents with enthusiasm filled in them. She wondered how was Sehun's team doing? She would check up on him during lunch.


"Young man, how are things going?" Mr Do asked Sehun. Sehun said nothing but smiled. 
"Things are going a little off I see. Do you find your team difficult to tame?" The Old man asked patting Sehun's shoulders.

"Perhaps they don't see me as a leader." Sehun answered the man in front.

 He was the person who Sehun never found difficult to talk. Although he was retired and  his son and daughters were now running the company, he still comes at times to check up on everything. He always saw the potential in people and he never failed to appreciate his employees' hardwork. He liked Sehun very much. Perhaps he was the only person Sehun talks to, in the office regarding things other than work. 

"Sometimes you won't be able to hack into another system no matter how capable you are. Sometimes you just need a different approach. Try differently Young man. You need to find the right key to open the treasure." he said and laughed making a sound "ha ha ha..." as if he knew Sehun got the message. 

"Do you think I can do it?" Sehun asked to which he smiled and said. 

"If I  wouldn't have been sure, I would never have made you the team leader in first place. There are things which can't be done alone, you will need the team for that and you will need your team to stand by you. They will do so if they trust you and they will only trust you if you prove them you are capable  enough. Plus you won't abandon them, you need them to see that you are worthy and you see their worth. Got it now?"

"May be I was just trying to prove my talents before them and I couldn't see that they also need to be assured that I would walk with them and won't abandon them or take all the credits for myself. Perhaps now I know what is to be done." Sehun smiled now. He knew he was bad with public contact but he at least now know, he doesn't need to tame the team but to befriend them. 


"How was your day?" Cara  asked as she got into Sehun's car. 

"It was fine and productive." Sehun said holding Cara's hand.

"How about yours?" he asked while tighting his seat belt. 

"I kept missing you." Cara wanted to say but didn't not, it would be cheesy. "It was busy and productive as well." she said instead.

"Still you managed to make time for calling me twice." Sehun looked at her softly. She melted. 

"Geez stop looking at me like that or... " Cara was saying and Sehun peaked her lips. 
"Or what?  You will kiss me?" Sehun said smiling. 

"How can you do that so. s. u..dd..enl.y? " Cara said completely embarrassed.

"I can't ask for permission and I can't do that suddenly either! Then how am I supposed to do that then?" Sehun said making a fake pout. Cara stayed silent, still embarrassed Sehun guessed. 

"Stop sulking, this is so fake." Cara said pinching his nose. 

"Okay then, I will think of a way while you drive. What do you say?" Sehun said smiling brightly.

"Shut up.... " Cara said starting the engine.


Stop looking at me already......

 

Why? I am looking at a beautiful scenery. 

 


.....

....
..

 

Are you ignoring me? 


Should I kiss you again. 

 

 

 

Dare and see how I crash the car. 

So what? I am ready to die if it's you who will kill me.


(glaring)
.
.
.
(glaring)

.....

.....


 Cara parked the car, without crashing thankfully. Sehun quickly got out of the door and opened the door for Cara. 

"Come princess..." Sehun said dramatically.

Cara smiled as she got out. 

"Oops sorry, I should have said my queen..." Sehun said coming too close, Cara almost thought, he would kiss him... But he withdrew.

"I will finish what I have started, don't worry."

 Cara was so embarrassed that barely could eat anything.

"Is she troubling you very much in the office?" Granny asked Cara, showing finger towards Mrs Oh. 

"Mom... " Mrs oh looked towards her mother in law in a 'seriously mom' look... 

"What... Am I talking to you? I am talking to her... Don't be afraid say it Cara." Granny said patting Cara's hand. 

"No grandma, I am, even enjoying the time there." Cara said putting hand in grandma's.

"Cara let's discuss today's meeting after dinner." Mr Oh said as they were doing the dishes.

"Okay mom." Cara was a little, just very little reluctant. But she didn't say a word. After doing the dishes, she took her laptop, the one her dad gifted, the papers. Her eyes unintentionally searched for Sehun but he was not there to ease the desperracy of her eyes, he was probably inside the bathroom, she concluded.

She engrossed herself in her work, Mrs Oh listened to her with patience. She explained her plans about the ceramic project. Mrs Oh listened and also gave suggestions when needed. She was a good mentor. Cara thought her mother in law was not really interested in the project, from what she understood from her inactivness during the meeting, she did not except her to actually guiding her in it. 

"Every thing is okay, but we need to find a good ceramic artist, plus you don't have much fund for this, how are you planning to solve this?" Mrs Oh asked encircling the fund with her fingers. 

" It might sound a bit crazy...but I have something in mind." Cara said looking towards Mrs Oh.

"Sometimes craziest ideas work out really well." Mrs Oh said without showing any significant expression. 

Sehun had scanned the door of Mrs Oh for millionth time. He didn't dare to go inside. He finally decided to go back to his own and wait for her there. He had already set up the room for movie night. But it's been 67 minutes and 35 seconds, Cara is trapped in  his mother's den. He opened his laptop and noticed the pen drive was still connected to it, he found way to kill time. It would feel great to watch her piano videos together, Sehun thought. 


Cara opened the door softly, scared she would wake Sehun up. She was late, she expected Sehun to sleep. But as she opened the door Sehun was standing in the balcony.

"Hunnie? You aren't asleep yet?" Cara asked coming to him. 

"Go to sleep, it's late." Sehun said, his voice unusual.

"Are you okay? Did you catch Cold? Do you want me to get you a glass of warm water? " Cara asked getting close to him. 

"You are not warm, are you?" Cara asked touching his hand, still facing his back. 

"Go...sleep...." Sehun said removing her hand from him. 

Although Sehun didn't do that rudely, Cara felt a sting of pain in her heart.