Chapter 2: WHO'S BREAKROOM!?

Composing Carat

I rubbed the blackness out of my eyes trying to coax myself into opening them. I thought to myself what had happened, and I sat up quickly then layed my head back down and told myself it was all a dream. I started to hear whispering, lots of whispering. "How long is she going to pretend to be asleep?" "What if she is sleeping!" "Doubt it" "Yeah I don't Think so" "she's obviously awake" "but she hasn't opened her eyes yet" "fine who wants to wake her up" (that one sounded sarcastic) "heck no" "no way" "you cannot just wake up a sleeping woman" "says who" "says me!" (maybe I should pretend to ["ill do it"] wake up, they know I'm not sleeping and this is not a dream I guess.) when I opened my eyes YOON JEONGHAN WAS BENT OVER LIKE, A FOOT FROM MY FACE! We both started screaming, mine a bit more prolonged. The rest of the boys were all standing around laughing hysterically, and Jeonghan said "I told you all she's awake!" All the voices started piecing themselves together Jun, Scoups, Joshua, Mingyu, Jeonghan, Coups again, Hoshi, Dk, Seungkwan, Dino (God bless this cute bean) Hoshi again, Dino, and then... Jeonghan. How did I not know their voices even in my groggy state!? I came back to reality when Hoshi was waving his hand in front of my face saying "helloooooo" I shook my head back and forth to get myself to focus. "I'm sorry I wasn't trying to fain sleep but I just truly thought I was dreaming!" I looked at the group all of them were there some smiling, some looking confused, one looked... upset? "I'm sorry I screamed in your face, I was just pretty shocked to see you so close, or see you at all. "What do you expect when you nap in our breakroom?" said Woozi. "This is your breakroom?! I'm in Seventeens' breakroom! Its so big! I... I... I don't know how I got here." Woozi looked at me confused "What do you mean you don't know? you're not a fan that snuck in? "NO! no I work here, This is my first day. I've just had a rough start to it. I'll leave right now, I'm sorry to intrude on you all, but I really don't know how I came to be sleeping in your guys' breakroom." I went to stand up and my head started spinning like a top and I ended up right back on the couch. The boys all gave a worried response and told me to stay put. Scoups came forward and touched my head "she Isn't feverish" he said. Jeonghan looked towards Dino who was by the door and told him to get a glass of water. Jeonghan looked back over towards me "What happened before you saw me?" I looked at him confused "what?" What were you doing before you were sleeping? "I was in a meeting with Mr. Han an..."

"Mr. Han!.. directly?" "Yes, we were discussing my employment and I think I fainted." Jeonghan looked at back at the door as Dino entered and handed him the cup of water. "Would you mind calling Manager Han." Dino responded "Don't you think he would be more likely to answer Scoup-hyung's call?" "Yes he would, but there's no need now." Manager Han said from the door. "I'm sorry gentleman, your schedules did not have you back so soon; I thought this room would be empty for a while yet. Ms. Carat I see your affliction has not ceased." I'm sorry Sir I don't know what's wrong with me!" "Were you exited to start today?" "Yes sir, Of course!" "Did you sleep well?" "Not a wink" "There you have it! no worries Ms. Carat, these things happen, but I expect you to sleep better tonight for a better tomorrow." "Yes sir! I'm so sorry for everything today." "I'm not sorry, Boys are you sorry (they all shook their heads no) see? no need to be sorry, your not sorry, because there's nothing to be sorry about." Mr. Han smiled at me and handed me my ID card. "I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you Ms. Carat. I also have a car waiting outside to drive you home, I would you but I'm afraid I have a meeting to attend. I'm sure one of these young men would be happy to you." they all looked on as Manager Han walked out the door, and then looked at each other. Then over half the group just walked out of the room leaving Hoshi, Jeonghan, Dino, Scoups, and Mingyu they all started playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" Hoshi won the game and offered me his arm. I stood, took his arm and we began the trek out of the company building. I apologized to Hoshi for having to walk with me to the car, he said he was happy to do it. When we got outside I asked him to apologize to the rest of the members for me "especially Jeonghan, he made the same upset face when I was leaving as after I had screamed in his ear, maybe he didn't hear my apology?" "No its more like he couldn't be the Knight in shining armor either time" "What do you mean?" "He loves princely characters! when you were the sleeping beauty he didn't even hesitate to go and wake you up, but then you woke up anyway, and then screamed." "Oh Okay" I felt my cheeks flush into a peachy pink " and then I won the right to walk you to the car so he is just hurt" I began laughing "thanks for cheering me up Hoshi, but don't you know it could be bad to plant ideas into a fan's head!" "I didn't know I was talking to a fan." "Only your biggest fan in all the universe! such a fan that I worked hard to get a job in a company that had no space for me instead of going to the other companies that actually wanted me.! But it turned out that someone in Pledis was working hard to make a space for me, just because he wanted me in the company. I didn't come here to stalk you guys or anything, I'm here to work hard, to work as hard as my idols! I have dreams of going far in the music industry, I want to make it far right behind my idols, and that's why I'm here. You all are my inspirations I love and respect each one of you, if I think of the word 'Hardworking' I think of Seventeen, I think of the people who push me to be better." Hoshi looked at me with an expression I would never forget, He was smiling, eyes filled to the brim with tears that hadn't fallen yet, and just looked full, full of happiness to know that this girl has become the person she is because of them. Hoshi gave me a hug and thanked me for my support. I hugged him back with my eyes welling with tears, Thank you All for being my muses to my music, for helping me through everything I've been through. I couldn't imagine my life without seventeen's influence. Hoshi pulled out of the hug and smiled at me and said "What else are Idols for?" I giggled and said "I shouldn't keep this driver waiting any longer, I waved to him and said "See you around" He gave me a bow and a wink and said "Welcome to the Pledis family sister" I smiled and shut the car door then went home.