Chapter 1: First Impressions don't matter that much. Right?

Composing Carat

Carat's POV

As I walked up to the doors of the building, I realized quickly how my first day was going to be quite the hassle. I did not have a key card yet, and the code they gave my is not working!? "WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY CODE IS INVALID!?" I started shouting at the door. People were staring at me like crazy. I could feel my cheeks start to heat eat up from embarrassment. I realize that no one is ever going to help me while I'm kicking and screaming at the door like a crazed Sasang. So i changed my tactics, I gently knocked on the door hoping that those inside would let me in. They all stood there and looked at me. I could see they were all murmuring, when suddenly I felt a very tall presence behind me. Two security guards grabbed me by my arms and started pulling me away from the building. I stated loudly while half out of breath, "I WORK HERE! I WORK HERE! my code for getting inside isn't working, please let me talk to someone! I really cannot be late on my first day at the company." You could see the faces of irritation and disbelief. The guards asked me multiple questions, and after getting off of a phone call, ushered me inside the doors of the building. As I walked though the halls, and looked at the splendor of being where I was. I noticed all the stares that were pointed at me. I definitely had made quite the scene (A very loud and obnoxious scene) . Not the impression I was hoping for at all. After going upstairs to the "Idol floor" I was dropped off in a conference room and told not to move. A few minutes had passed, and I nervously tapped a beat on the table. In that moment, It was the one thing keeping my nervousness at bay (aaaaaaand it wasn't really working... I really felt like bursting into tears from embarrassment and stress.) Just when I thought I should maybe go and check to make sure I wasn't just dumped here and abandoned, the door to the conference room swung open. It surprised me to say the least, I must have jumped three feet in my chair! "My apologies Ms. Carat, I didn't mean to surprise you." (It was the company manager Mr. Han.) "No I'm sorry, I was just very lost in thought and wasn't expecting the sudden entrance." Mr. Han chuckled "Alright, lets get you started in the process of working here. As soon as you leave these doors my assistant will take you to get a photo taken of you for your ID card, also known as your key card. I'm sorry to hear that your passcode was not working for today, we appreciate your patience in the matter." ( I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought of the door that morning.) "Today you will not be working as much as you might think, we will be setting you up in our system making sure your data is accurate. I guaranteed you, will have your ID before the time comes for you to leave today. My assistant will be showing you around the building thoroughly. I suggest you take notes, because it will be very important for you to be able to get around without becoming lost. You will also need to set up your office space. The last thing, would be that the band you are going to be working with is not going to be here today. Have you received your email on the group you will be working with?" "Yes Sir, I have. They are an upcoming group? "Yes, right now they are still in their training stage but they are working diligently, and with your talents we should have a wonderful new start." i couldnt believe what he was saying! "Thank you Sir but you praise me too much!" "Oh but I don't. You applied last year did you not?" (I shook my head yes.) "and I wanted you then, but we did not have a space open for you to work with a pre-existing group such as Seventeen. Woozi and Bumzu are very insistent on composing their music themselves. So as a compromise to hire you and your talents before another company could, I'm getting a new group ready, and their music will have your special touch in every song." I sat there utterly bewildered at what Mr. Han had just said. (He created a new unit in the company just so he could hire me?) Mr. Han started laughing and clapping his hands together "Ms. Carat you have taken quite a shock to my reasoning of hiring you, his tone changed from tickled to concerned. Ms. Carat, You're as pale as a ghost!" as soon as he said that I saw him stand up and ask his assistant for a cup of water. As my vision blurred and finally went black I felt myself toppling over onto the floor.