Chapter

Handsome nerd

It wasn't a surprise for you when that studious kid from next batch asked you to come to Cafe this Saturday because you both are teamed up for a project. When every other single person in the world was either partying or sleeping, you found yourself waiting in a Cafe for the particular boy who always had his round glasses on. Its not like the submission date is any near but the mere thought of spending your precious Saturday by doing a project, whose deadline is next month itself made you question the decision of pairing up with the smart kid. 

 

Everyone called him onew even though his name is Lee jinki and you really didn't get why. He wasn't like the normal nerds. He does looks like one but he was particularly so famous because of his appearance. It was mainly because Lee jinki is a wierd one . Yes, he is a very good guy and it irritated you because he was so popular even when he is like this. Everyone called him handsome. May be he was handsome but what really irritated you was his unnecessary stares directed on you. No matter what, this particular onew guy always seemed to wish you good morning with a smile that is so big, as his eyes turned to a crescent shape.

 

What surprised you was, you liked it so much that your day didn't felt so complete without that heavenly smile and ever so perfect voice that can heal anything in this world. It's not like there is any meaning behind this regular wishes and stares. But whatever it was, it did made you feel so vulnerable around him. You could feel the stares but never acknowledged it for obvious reasons.

 

10:30 am. It was almost 30 minutes that you reached the Cafe but still there's no sight of the one who called you here. But just after 5 minutes the Cafe door opened and a really handsome man entered. He was wearing a simple gray hoodie paired with gray jeans while his hair was still wet from bath. Making you wondering who this person is, you decided to see where that person is going only to let him settle in the table you were sitting.

 

" Did you get here earlier? Sorry. I'm late. I'm really really sorry. What do you want. I want Latte. What do you prefer? "

 

The jinki you know wasn't this handsome. Or were you just wasn't looking properly? 

 

You were dumbstruck by the question. Not only because the handsome man was sitting across you but the fact that he is the Lee jinki you are supposed to meet today. You wanted to talk but your whole system failed and stared at him for God knows how long. 

 

Lee jinki coughed, making you go out of the trance you were in. 

 

" I would also like Latte." you finally managed to utter. 

 

Lee jinki came with two Latte's just after 10 minutes and was taking out the books from his bag. Seeing him, you also took the books and placed them in front of you. It wasn't much later that, you both started discussing about the topic of the project. Not that you are anymore interested in the project you are doing, but you did paid attention to whatever the handsome nerd was telling.

 

 It was like a melody. His voice was so soothing that you could just listen to it for a lifetime. You wondered why you never really talked other than those morning greetings. 

 

" Wow", you thought. 

 

"What", the crescent eyes were directed at you as if you asked him something. 

 

"What? ", you asked him back. 

 

Smiling, as he closed his notebook and his eyes fixed on you he said "You just said wow". 

 

So I did said that out loud. I should just go and hide somewhere. May be I should take my bag and run away?. That what was going through your mind. 

 

Thinking of how to to run away from a really handsome project partner who is staring at you. Thats my plan? You scolded yourself. 

 

Impossible. 

 

Seeing how you were not able to answer, the ever so considerate jinki decided to let it go. You both again engaged in discussing the project for about 1 hour more. 

 

 After deciding on the whole layout of the project, there were plenty of time left and you didn't really wanted to just go home yet. 

 

But while you were contemplating on how to ask jinki to have lunch together, while the one sitting across you was secretly peeking at you. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee jinki never felt so nervous till that day when he first saw a girl walking towards him. He knowingly or unknowingly, lost track of time and every other paradigm that you ever existed and he know of. He never felt so numb before. He was sure that he wasn't able to move but even when he was struggling with moving, his heart beat was telling another story all together. This confused him. So he decided to study it. That's what he did when anything confused him. He study it and try to top it by learning about it. 

 

That's how he started his regular morning greeting with this girl. But he couldn't always help himself. He sometimes got lost like the first time and at some point, he didn't really cared to look for the reason anymore. 

 

Lee jinki could study any subject and score the highest in the college but this girl was the only thing he couldn't quite get right. Especially his heart when he sees her. But his method of not talking anymore than the morning greeting wasn't helping him either. He sure was a smart kid when it comes to studies but with girls, he wasn't. 

 

He was so excited when he could pair with the same girl he struggled to get to know from the morning greetings. It wasn't easy to make the professor to choose them together. But as the topper, he requested and the professor agreed. If there's any unsaid rule in the college, then that was what jinki wants, is what jinki gets. 

 

He knew that this girl also have recognized his wishes. How would it feel when a random guy starts to talk to you but not more than just greeting? Lee jinki knows that it was weird but his text books never taught him about how to start a conversation with a girl. He'd rather be solving a maths problem and find the answer but he was so curious. 

 

At first it was just a one way conversation. But then after some time, the girl also started to greet him back which made him the happiest. He wanted to talk but he was waiting for the perfect timing when it isn't awkward for them. 

 

So that's why he thought grouping for a project would be the best thing. 

 

For him, Saturdays means revising the portions and relaxing but this certain girl made changes not only to his heart but also to his strict schedules he followed for years. 

 

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Lee jinki saw how you looked at him from the moment he entered the Cafe and he was grateful that he waited so long. He know that you aren't so fond of studying in Saturday but he couldn't help his heart.

 

As he was staring, he couldn't help but notice how attentively you were listening to him and taking notes. It kind of made him blush but managed to not make it so obvious for you to notice. Even though his brain told him something, his heart was controlling him now. He didn't wanted to wait anymore. 

 

That "Wow" also didn't went unnoticed. Lee jinki was on cloud nine when he noticed that you have the same effect of him on you as he has. He just wanted to tease you and also make sure that his feeling was right . So he decided to play dumb. 

 

Seeing you stumbling on talking, he decided it was his time to talk and that's what he did. 

 

" There is this place I know. They have great food. Mmmmm... Do you... May be.... Want to have lunch together?" 

 

".......". Nothing came out of your mouth and you just stared. 

 

" Only if you are free. Or may be next time? ". Lee jinki's face lost its color with each word he said, with disappointment so evident that he didn't wanted to hide anymore. 

 

You started packing your books as soon as he said that. Seeing you, jinki also did the same. You stood up from your seat and walked towards the exit while your project partner tagged along. But you couldn't open the door because a warm hand was stopping you from opening the door. You looked towards him and raised an eyebrow. A flustered man stood before you and took his hand back with an eyes that looked like he wanted to ask something. 

 

 

" Well, if you stop me how would we go to that restaurant you reccomended?" you said with a smile growing on your face, which would have came out as a wide grin if it wasn't controlled. 

 

That was all needed for the man in front of you to smile so brightly like sunrise. 

 

Side by side, you both walked towards the restaurant as you both felt a familiar feeling that was now being clearly reciprocated from the other person. Doubts were thrown out and are replaced with fluttering heart and butterflies. Project was long forgotten, lunch was just an excuse and the greetings were now non existent as there was only two hearts and a common feeling wrapping both of you, longing to be recognized and accepted.