The Face

Prince Eric

 

"Eric, wake up." Eric can hear Elmo say. 

Wait. Elmo? Eric opens his eyes and sees Jacob with an Elmo hand puppet. 

"Time to get up." Jacob adds, still using the Elmo voice.

Instead of doing that, Eric reaches out for the Elmo and hugs it closely. 

"Eric, you can't cuddle my hand all day, we have errands to run." Jacob says, now using his real voice. 

Eric continues to lay there, errands are boring. 

"We're also going to the mall today." Jacob adds. 

Hearing the word mall, Eric lets go of Jacob and bolts to his closet to get ready. He loves the mall. There are so many different clothes and other things to buy, there is also a food court with a wide variety of meals.

After going through the boring errands of getting groceries, picking up laundry, and dropping things off at the post office, Eric can finally go to the mall. 

The first place he goes to is the toy store, they always have cool things and video game displays that you can play. Changmin decides to go with him, to see if there are any cute stuffed animals there that he can add to his collection. 

"Okay, Eric, what do you want to look at first?"

"Can I look at stuffed animals with you first?" Eric asks.

"Sure."

The two of them go to the section of the store with stuffed animals and see the usual bears and dogs. When Eric walks a little further, that is when he comes across something amazing. A unicorn ride on toy! 

"Oh my gosh, hyung, look at this!" Eric calls. 

Changmin comes over to see what Eric is talking about. 

"Aww, that's cute."

"Hyung, can I get it?" Eric questions. 

"I don't know, Eric. It seems kinda expensive."

"But hyung, look at how cute I look on this." Eric says, sitting on the unicorn. 

"I know, but it is just so costly." Changmin responds. 

Eric needs to think of a way to convince Changmin to buy the unicorn. He decides to use his ultimate weapon. He has perfected it for years and only uses it for emergencies.... his puppy dog face. 

"Please, hyung, can I get the unicorn?" Eric asks, raising the pitch in his voice and making his puppy dog face at Changmin. 

Seeing that face makes Changmin give in instantly. 

"Awww, Eric. How can I say no to that face? Of course you can have the unicorn." 

"Really?" Eric gasps. 

Changmin nods and takes out the card. 

"Thank you so much. You are the best hyung ever!" Eric says, hugging Changmin. 

Changmin pays for the unicorn and it will be delivered to their dorm the next day. In just twenty-four hours, all of Eric's dreams will have come true. 

He can't think about anything else for the rest of the day, and he even goes to bed early so that it can be tomorrow sooner. 

At lunch the next day, Eric's unicorn arrives in a large box. He quickly opens it up and there is his fully assembled unicorn ride on toy. 

"This is this best day ever!" Eric exclaims, as he rides his toy around the living room. 

Soon after, Juyeon runs into Eric in the living room. 

"Hey, squishy. Where did you get that unicorn from?"

"Changmin hyung got it for me at the mall yesterday." Eric answers. 

"Well, you look very cute on it." Juyeon smiles, before going back to looking over the mail. 

Eric smiles at the compliment and continues riding. Suddenly, he gets an idea. If he could get Changmin to get him something so expensive just by being cute and using his puppy dog face, he could probably get a lot of things from his hyungs. He is adorable after all, and he has finally perfected his skill. Why not try and put it to good use?

He decides to start out small, by asking for more ice cream at dessert time. 

"Hyung, can I have more ice cream?" Eric asks Jacob. 

"Eric, I gave you your usual two and half scoops."

"I know, but I'm still hungry. Please?" Eric asks again, this time using his puppy dog face. 

"Awww. Gummy bear, you haven't made that face in forever." Jacob gushes. 

"Of course you can have another scoop of ice cream." 

"Thank you, hyungie." Eric smiles. 

Eric is now two for two, He better make a list of things he wants to get from his hyungs, because it looks like this could work. 

The next member he decides to work his magic on is Kevin. He hasn't been to the unicorn museum in a while, so why not ask Kevin to take him. 

Eric rides into his hyung's room on his unicorn toy. 

"Hey hyung." Eric calls out. 

"Hey, Eric." Kevin replies, turning away from his desk to look at him. 

"Well, don't you look cute on that unicorn." Kevin adds, patting Eric's head. 

"Thank you, hyung. Speaking of unicorns, will you take me to the unicorn museum?" Eric replies. 

"I'm kinda busy right now, Eric."

"But hyung. I love going there with you. Can we please go, hyungie?" Eric asks, using his special face. 

"Aww. How could I say no to that face? Go put your shoes on and I'll take you." Kevin gives in. 

While Eric is at the museum with Kevin, he also gets some glass figures. 

This has now worked three times, Eric is starting to get hooked on making his puppy dog face to get whatever he wants. In fact, he knows that he has ultimate powers when he uses it to get Haknyeon to share his food with Eric. 

He brags about his gift to Felix at school one day, after he asks Eric about the new clothes and jewelry he has on. 

"It's so easy, I can get anything that I want. All I have to do is be adorable. Maybe I should ask them for an Xbox next." Eric tells his best friend. 

"I don't know, Eric. Don't you think your hyungs will catch on eventually?"

"No. At least I don't think so. If they do, I will add that cute voice. Then they can't say no." Eric says, raising the pitch in his voice to demonstrate. 

"Hmm. I wonder if that would work with my hyungs." Felix ponders. 

"Maybe. Your voice is kinda deep though, so it might not have the same effect. Besides, it's kind of a maknae thing."

"I'm also not as short and tiny as you, so there's that." Felix mocks. 

"Shut up." Eric replies, crossing his arms angrily. 

"I'm just joking. Here, have my cupcake. I'm sorry." 

"Okay, I accept." Eric smiles, taking the cupcake. 

After school, the boys have practice. Yeah, no. That is what Eric thinks about that, he would much rather play after school than practice. Time to talk to Sangyeon.

This might be a little hard though, Sangyeon does not always give into Eric's puppy dog face, so he will need extra weapons. 

Eric enters the practice room to see that Sangyeon is the only one there right now, since there is still ten minutes before they all have to be here. 

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?" Eric begins. 

"Sure. What is it, squishy?"

"Can I skip practice today?"

"What? Why? Do you not feel well?" Sangyeon asks, putting his hand on Eric's forehead. 

"No, I feel fine. I just don't want to practice today."

"Eric, you know that is not a good excuse." Sangyeon tells him. 

"But hyung, I had such a hard day at school. Can I rest just this once?" Eric says, holding onto Sangyeon's arm and looking up at him with his puppy dog face.

"Eric, I said-" Sangyeon begins, but stops once he sees Eric. 

"Awww. Well, aren't you a little cutiepie?" Sangyeon smiles. 

Yes, Eric has broken through. 

"Please hyungie. Can I skip practice just this once?" Eric asks again, adding a cute tone of voice this time. 

"Okay. I will let you skip practice, kiddo. Go have fun." Sangyeon gives in, patting Eric's head before going back to his work. 

"Thank you hyung." 

Eric runs off to his room to go play some games on his phone. 

Even though the boys have a lot of members, they easily notice when one of them is missing. 

"Hey, where's Eric? He should have been back from school by now." 

"Oh, I let him have the day off." Sangyeon explains. 

"What?!" All the boys respond. 

"You let him take the day off when our comeback is next week? What is wrong with you?" Jacob says, shaking Sangyeon by the shoulders. 

"What? I just could not say no to him, he is too cute." Sangyeon admits. 

"You are right about that. He is so adorable with those big, brown eyes." Jacob says. 

"And those cute, squishy cheeks." Sangyeon adds. 

"Hyungs! Do you guys hear yourselves? Eric took advantage of how cute he is to get anything he wants." Chanhee interrupts. 

Upon hearing this, the rest of the members realize he is right. 

"Oh my gosh, he made me take him to the unicorn museum while I was working on music." Kevin says. 

"He made me buy him a whole new outfit, with jewelry included." Younghoon says. 

"He made me get him a thousand dollar unicorn." Changmin says. 

"He made me share my food with him." Haknyeon chimes in. 

The boys all gasp. 

"This is definitely getting out of hand. We need to talk to Eric."

The ten of them come up with a plan on how to deal with their maknae. 

"Where is he anyway?" Sunwoo questions. 

Just then, the boys hear Eric laughing in the hallway. They open the door to see Eric on his unicorn ride on toy, riding up and down the hallway. 

"Eric, come in here. We need to talk to you." Jaehyun tells him. 

"Okay." Eric gets off the ride and follows his hyung. 

They two of them enter the practice room, to meet the rest of the boys who are sitting in a circle and all wearing sunglasses. 

"Umm what's going on? Are we gonna do a spy stage?" Eric questions, excitedly. 

"No, we are going to talk to you about something." Jaehyun explains, as both he and Eric sit down in the circle. 

"We know what you have been doing, you little trickster!" Kevin blurts. out. 

"What?"

Eric looks around even more confused than before. 

"What Kevin means is that we know you have been acting cute to get us to buy you stuff or take you places." Sangyeon explains. 

"No. I didn't do anything like that." Eric nervously laughs.

"Eric, we know what you did. Don't lie to us like that." 

Eric is silent for a moment before owning up to the truth. 

"Okay. I used my puppy dog face after it worked and Changmin hyung bought me that unicorn. But you guys went along with everything! It's not all on me." 

"Eric, you're in big trouble. No gifts or dessert for a month. Now come back to practice with the rest of us, no break." Sangyeon says. 

"But hyungies. It was just a mistake. I promise I won't do it again. Please let me have a break just this once." Eric starts to plead. 

This is the reason the boys all wore dark sunglasses. In case Eric decides to bring out the face, the boys will not be able to see it due to how dark the sunglasses are. His power no longer has any effect on them, which Eric realizes after a while of making this face. Time to use the voice. 

"Hyungs, please. I promise I won't trick you anymore." Eric says, grabbing onto Younghoon's arm. 

"Awww. Can't we just let him take a break for ten more minutes?" Younghoon brings up. 

"No. Don't give in, Younghoon. We have to tell him no." 

"Hyungies! Pretty please, with sprinkles on top?" Eric asks. 

Eric gets no response, just cold stares from ten boys with dark sunglasses on. 

Eric gives up, all of his powers have been drained. 

"Okay. I'll stop using my puppy dog face. I'm sorry for making you guys do all that stuff for me." Eric says. 

"We forgive you."

"Really?"

"Yes. Just promise us that you won't try to trick us into getting stuff for you again. You know you don't need to do that. We are always willing to spoil you as long as we are not busy or it is within reason."

"I know. I promise I won't do something like this again." Eric responds. 

"Good. Now go change, practice starts in two minutes." Changmin says. 

"Yes hyung." Eric answers, before leaving the room to get ready.