Look At Me!

Prince Eric

 

After Eric finishes cleaning his room one afternoon, he becomes bored. He has completed his homework and done all his chores, so he decides to go look for one of the members to hang out with. The first hyungs that Eric runs into are Sangyeon and Jacob, who are sitting together at the kitchen table. 

"Hi guys." Eric greets them. 

"Look, our maknae is here." Sangyeon smiles. 

"Hey, babykins! Come sit on hyung's lap." Jacob says. 

Eric runs over and sits on Jacob's lap.

"What are you guys doing?" Eric asks. 

"We're making a wedding scrapbook." Jacob answers. 

"Yeah, we got this as a wedding gift and still haven't done it. We're trying to finish it before our anniversary next week." Sangyeon adds. 

"Gummy bear, look at this photo of you spreading the flowers down the aisle. Awww, you were the cutest flower boy ever." Jacob points out, pinching Eric's cheek. 

"And there's Teddy and Bear carrying the rings." Eric says, pointing to the photo of the two dogs. 

"Hyungs, when can I come to your house and see them again?" Eric adds. 

"Probably in a couple of days." Jacob replies, as he glues a photo to the page. 

"Can I help?" Eric asks. 

"Well, I don't know about that squishy. We don't want you getting stuck like when you made paper butterflies and glued yourself to the table." Sangyeon responds. 

Eric remembers that it took them a while to get him off the table. 

"How about you go see what the rest of the boys are doing? I'm sure they can't all be busy." Jacob suggests. 

"Okay, bye hyungs." Eric says, leaving the kitchen. 

Eric goes to see what Juyeon is up to. He enters his room to see him with Jaehyun and Younghoon. They are all laying on the wearing facial masks and have cucumber slices over their eyes. 

"Juyeon hyung! I'm bored. Wanna hang out?"

"Sorry, squishy. We're busy right now." Juyeon replies. 

"Yeah, we are getting facials." Jaehyun adds. 

"But hyungs." Eric whines. 

"Eric, we have to leave the masks on for half an hour." 

"Fine." 

Eric leaves the room. Well, there goes three members. The next target is Kevin. 

"Kevin hyung, are you busy?"

"Yeah, I'm in the middle of painting."

"Can you stop to hang out for just a bit?" Eric asks, as Kevin continues to paint. 

"Sorry, Eric. I'm really in the zone right now." 

On to the next member, Chanhee. Eric finds him with Changmin. 

"Sorry, Eric we are busy practicing." Chanhee tells him, after Eric asks if they are busy. 

Of course, the main vocal and the main dancer are working on their strengths. 

Now onto Eric's last chance, his fellow maknaes. 

He finds them in Haknyeon's room. 

"Hey guys! Who wants to play some video games?"

"Not now, Eric. I'm helping Sunwoo with his homework right now." 

Well, that is it. Eric has gone through everyone in the house and they are all busy doing something. He drags his feet back to his room, defeated. 

"Everyone is busy, now what am I supposed to do? Oh! I can pretend to be hurt. Then they will all come running to me." Eric thinks. 

So Eric goes to the living room and pretends to trip and fall. 

"Owww! I fell down. I think my knee is broken!" Eric exclaims. 

Silence. 

"I said, I fell and broke my knee." 

More silence. 

"Owww! Come on people, I have broken bones here!" 

"Eric, we know you are lying. You would be screaming more than that if you actually got hurt." Sangyeon says, from the kitchen. 

Eric pouts before stomping back to his room. 

"Man, this is so boring. I wish I still had Kevin's box." Eric says to himself, as he throws himself onto his bed. 

Eric thinks back to the times he spent with the box. 

Eric was sitting in the living room watching television when he heard the door bell ring. 

"I got it! I got it!" Kevin exclaimed, running to the door.

Kevin opened the door to reveal a very large box, a box that was just as tall as him. After signing for said package, he dragged it into the living room to open it. 

"This is a pretty big box just for an easel." Kevin stated, as he opened the box up and took out the item. 

Eric looked over in amazement at the packing peanut filled box. 

"Whoa, this box is so huge."

Kevin takes note of Eric's amazement. 

"Do you want this box, squishy?" Kevin asks. 

Eric turns to Kevin with the biggest smile on his face before begging him to give him the box. 

"Okay, okay. You can have the box."

"Really? You're the best hyung ever!" Eric replies, hugging Kevin. 

"I try." Kevin responds. 

Eric jumps into the box like it is a pool and begins to swim in it. This box is even huger than he thought. For a whole week, Eric swims in the packing peanuts, hides in the box, and has his hyungs push him around the box. Then, the worst thing happens.... recycling day. Sangyeon has Eric give up his box so that they can recycle it. 

If only he still had that box, at least he would have something to do now. 

Eric really does not know what else to do, so he just crosses his arms and stares at his wall. After a while of doing this, his hyungs enter his room. 

"Squishy, get up." Jaehyun says, as he enters the room. 

Eric continues to lay with his arms crossed.

"Are you mad at us?" Sunwoo asks. 

Silence. 

"I know how to get through to him." Juyeon says, before tickling Eric. 

Eric cannot hold back the laughs, so his frown immediately turns to a smile. 

"Hyung, stop it." Eric giggles. 

"There's that precious little smile." Jacob comments. 

Juyeon stops tickling Eric so that he can sit up. 

"Are you guys still busy?" Eric asks, hoping the answer is no. 

"No, we're all yours now. So what do you want to do?"

"Can we watch a movie and then play unicorn candy land?" Eric suggests. 

"Of course we can. In fact, do you know someone who would like a piggy back ride to the living room?" Sangyeon responds. 

"Oh! Me, me, me!" Eric exclaims, with his hand up. 

"Hop on, kiddo." Sangyeon replies, gesturing for Eric to get on his back. 

Sangyeon carries Eric to the living room and places him on the couch, but then Younghoon sits next to him, so he climbs over to sit on Younghoon's lap. 

"Your hair smells like cotton candy, squishy." Younghoon comments. 

"I love cotton candy. Hyungs, can we have candy during the movie?" Eric says. 

"Sure."

Changmin goes to get some candy, and hands it to Eric when he gets back.

"Thank you, hyung."

Now this is the life. Eric's gets to watch his favorite movie, eat some yummy candy, and be with all of his hyungs at once. Yup, he really loves his life as their maknae.