Chapter 2

Falling in Lawve
Please log in to read the full chapter

The world was still quiet, as the rays of sun were slowly making their way through the thick curtains of the young lawyer’s bedroom, illuminating the room here and there. On the huge queensized bed, the petite lady was sleeping soundly, the baby pink silk pyjamas hugging her tiny body perfectly. A sudden sounds fills the room, slightly echoing as Jennie lazily reaches for her phone, which wakes her up from the knight dream she was so deeply lost in. Ringtone? Quite confused about who would call her this early, she takes the call and answers in a lazy tone, “Hello?”

 

“What are you doing? Where are you??” a worried voice spoke

“What’s wrong, Roseanne? It’s-“ Jennie paused and took a look at her watch, “-6 o’clock in the morning, we start at 8. I still have one hour left to sleep.”

“Jennie you shouldn’t be sleeping in this situation. Check the Seoul Times. Right now.” Roseanne sighed after replying

 

Jennie sighed deeply, burying her face into her soft pillow and whining loudly before turning on the WiFi on her phone and loading the Seoul Times website. Maybe it was the early hour, but it took Jennie a few seconds to realise that it was her face on the front page of the newspaper and even more seconds to understand the headline, after reading it and re-reading it a few times: ‘Kim&Park’s Jennie Kim accused of illegally obtaining information to win her cases’

 

“What kind of bull is this!? And even if I do, it’s not like I’m the only one?? Who the wrote this article!?” Jennie replied angrily, getting off bed

“I called them and apparently they have an anonymous source. Have you discussed anything with your clients and had people around you? If we don’t do something about this quick I can already predict calls from our clients firing us.” Roseanne replied quite concerned

“N- wait. I know who did this.” Jennie almost growled in anger as she walked towards the bathroom. “Jung Bo-Hwa’s back in town. Seems like she can’t let go of the past. I’ll call you back once I deal with it. Expect me to be late at the office today.”

 

Jennie hang up on Roseanne without letting her finish and she quickly took a shower, prepared herself for another hectic day and had the surprise to see Jongin ready to go. Not having time for conversations, Jennie just motioned him to follow her and drive her towards Jung & the associates law firm, which wasn’t too far from her own firm. She had told Jongin the whole story so the man was ready to protect her if anything unexpected happened. To Jennie’s surprise though, there was no reporter outside and probably that was because she wasn’t at her firm. Taking the elevator up after ignoring the receptionists, Jennie stormed into Jung Bo-Hwa’s office.

 

“How much did you pay them for such ‘scandalous’ news?” she arched her brow while asking, crossing her arms

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Bo-Hwa replied calmly, “Please leave my office or I call the security.”

“Upset that you had to ask daddy for a spot at the top meanwhile Roseanne and I worked our asses off to earn them positions fair and square?” Jennie snorted

“Oh come on. We all know you two es didn’t do that by yourselves. How many times did you two go on your knees for all of this to happen? ‘Youngest name partners in South Korea’ spare me. It’s impossible.” Bo-Hwa rolled her eyes, but soon enough Jennie’s palm landed on her cheek with a loud sound echoing in the quiet room.

“You should be ashamed of yourself. Call the reporter and tell him to take down the news right now or I file a defamation suit. I swear to God, Bo-Hwa, this is the first and last time I’m letting you get away with such a thing. Next time I’m going to your father and tell him what his daughter learned to do in college, instead of working harder for clients and cases. Have it done by the time I reach my office or I’m going to file that damn suit.”

 

And with all that being said, Jennie left the competitor’s law firm and headed towards hers. The name partner already expected the sea of reporters in front of her firm, but she was ready for it- especially when the news was taken down and an apology was posted instead, making as well the headlines of the website. Door opened by Jongin, Jennie was attacked of dozens of flashlights and reporters pushing themselve

Please log in to read the full chapter