One

Now We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JAEHYUN

 

Breathe

 

He told himself, constantly reminding his body to remain calm. He was always like this, before every assignment. No matter how many times he’s done this, even after 4 years he’s been serving the 127 unit, it always feels like the first time.

 

“Remember, we extract the package, incapacitate any disturbances and go out” Taeyong said as he strapped in his handy hunting knife, which ironically, was never used most of the time. His white hair was a stark contrast against their black-colour suit that anyone with sharp eyes would see him coming from miles away.

 

Taeil, the oldest with his newly cut mullet, pointed at the projected map. “Me, Haechan and Johnny will take the back entrance. Jungwoo and Doyoung you guys take the front. Mark, Yuta and Winwin, you guys cover the 2nd floor. Taeyong and Jaehyun, you guys know what you have to do”

 

Taeyong was the leader in the group, no doubt. But whenever Taeil spoke, they all listened and followed. Despite being small, he had this commanding presence about him that all of them silently agreed never to challenge whatever the eldest said. Especially when he was gifted with sharp eyes, “Eagle’s Eyes”, he called it. He could spot anything within a 100 mile radius, no matter how big or small. Nothing could pass by his sight.

 

From the cockpit, a grumpy Wu Ren emerged. Their personal tech support who flew all the way from China. Her suit looked very messy as if it hadn’t seen the laundry for days.

 

“Trackers are active” Ren said to no one in particular before turning to face Jaehyun, handing him his newly fixed earpiece. “This time, don’t break it. You guys are out in 5”

 

Taeyong gave the order at once and all of them filed by the hangar.

 

“See you guys on the other side”

 

“Don’t mess up” Ren said before she pressed eject, dropping them all in midair.

 

And one by one, they fell down to the embrace of the night wind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaehyun was heaving as he covered both himself and Taeyong in an ice barricade. Array of shots were fired at both of them yet not a single soul was seen.

 

“Taeil, report” Taeyong’s voice was static through the ear piece.

 

“We’re busy” Taeil muttered as gunshots followed. “We’ve got the back exits covered”

 

And with that, Taeil was out.

 

“Doyoung?” Taeyong said as another round of shots fired at them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter