Chapter 3

My Step-Sister Hope

 

The next morning she was her usual chirpy self but once we left for school she returned to the Hope I wanted to forget. ‘So what English girls aren’t attractive to you?’

I rolled my eyes. ‘I told you last night you were beautiful…’ I said trying to avoid all eye contact. ‘Why are you being like this?’ I muttered to myself.

‘Oppa.’ She said stopping I turned to look at her ruffling my hair. ‘Who’s that?’ She pointed her finger behind me and I followed to see a couple Kingkas walking to school.

‘Kingkas, why?’

‘What’s a Kingka?’ She said with her cute tone.

I walked towards her and pulled her forward. ‘We’ll be late for school if you don’t move.’ She smiled at my sudden skinship towards her so I let go again. ‘Kingkas are the top of the food chain, either good-looking or wealthy, that who you just saw… Leeteuk the richest, Eunhyuk his family owns multiple hotels too and Siwon his family owns a big tech company not to mention supposedly being the best looking…’ I noticed her staring at me whilst we were walking. ‘Yesterday you didn’t mingle much… say hello to them and you’ll be recruited into the Queenkas.’

She scrunched her nose and me and shook her head. ‘Oppa is more handsome.’ She smiled but I acted as if I ignored her and just walked until we finally saw Chunji whom thankfully took her attention off me for a while.

Before class I stopped by my locker to get a couple books and saw Hope walk on without me, I sighed… what was I going to do about her? I moved away from the locker as the bell went and made my way to the classroom, upon arrival I noticed Hope was talking to a couple Kingkas… Ryeowook and Sungmin to the two ‘pretty’ Kingkas I walked past and sat in my seat. ‘Oppa! You’re here!’

‘Oppa?’ The Kingkas looked towards me.

‘He’s my step-brother.’ She said cutely.

They nodded and went back to their conversation about a party they were having… not that I was eavesdropping… ‘So you wanna come? I’m sure you’ll fit in fine…’ Sungmin looked over towards the front of the room. ‘Seohyun, come here!’

Seohyun came over and smiled towards them. ‘Yeah oppa?’

‘Tell Hope the party this weekend will be fun.’

And as I guessed, she was recruited to the popular world. Seohyun and Taeyeon two of the nicer Queenkas were completely submerged in conversation about alcohol and how funny Ryeowook gets when he’s drunk. Then Hope turned and looked at me. ‘I don’t know the way around here just yet so could oppa take me?’ She pointed towards me making me want to hide in a corner.

Sungmin nodded. ‘It’s my place, do you know where about it is, L-J… um…’

‘L.Joe?’ I said for him he clicked his fingers and nodded. ‘I know where about it is…’

‘Great so your brother will bring you!’ They moved away and took their seats after the teacher arrived late, conveniently.

During lunch Hope was over sat with the Queenkas and Kingkas my eyes wouldn’t budge, she sat next to Siwon who was fawning all over her… I wanted to punch him. Then he brushed some hair out of Hope’s face making her blush cutely, I slammed my fist on the table. ‘Hyung… what’s wrong?’ Ricky asked looking at my now squished sandwich. Then he looked to where my eyes were permanently glaring. ‘Hope made new friends!’ He said and I finally tore myself away and pouted at my sandwich.

‘I’m not feeling to well I’m going to go home.’ I said standing up and throwing my food in the bin. I walked out the canteen collected my bag from the empty classroom then turned to see Hope looking at me. ‘I’m not feeling great so…’

‘Oppa… I can make you feel better.’ She slid the door shut and I immediately knew what she was doing, and I had to get away before she convinces me to do so.

I walked towards her and I noticed her skirt was rolled up high enough to see her thighs. ‘Hope, I really feel groggy, come on out the way.’

She lifted her head and put her hands on my shoulders. She smiled as she drew circles with her fingers down my chest stopping before she reached my stomach. ‘Oppa, don’t be so hostile.’ She reached one hand up to tug lightly at my hair. She smiled and pulled me forward onto her now against the door. I looked around to see if the corridors were empty thankfully they were. ‘Don’t be worried in case someone sees oppa.’ She smirked at me then put her hands to the back of my neck pulling me closer to her. Then she kissed my neck making me flinch, I put my arms out over her shoulders to steady myself with the door.

‘Stop it Hope.’ She bit at me and then giggled. ‘Hope, I told you yesterday I’m not interested.’

She pulled back and pushed me away. ‘Why?’

I felt the spot she had bitten and seen blood on my fingers. ‘You made me bleed?!’

‘That’s not a reason!’ She hissed. ‘Why aren’t you interested in me?’

I walked towards her and then stopped as I got close. ‘Because you’re my sister now.’

‘So if I weren’t your sister?’ She said glaring at me. ‘Would you happily me then?’

I rolled my eyes and went to walk past her when she jumped up and wrapped her legs around me taking my lips to hers. She stopped as I turned and fell back into the wall. ‘Then forget I’m your sister for 10 minutes!’ She shouted and continued to kiss me. But fighting with everything I had I didn’t respond.