Chapter 2

Reply 1988 - 2 Years After Sunbora Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aigoo…finally, we can have dinner altogether…it’s been quite a long time already” – Jung Bong mama is telling everyone while arranging the dishes on table – “my husband keeps urging me to prepare the meal from the early morning…”

“I feel happy to see our kids back…just waiting for Sun Woo and Bo Ra” - Sun Young omma cannot hold back her happy smiles – “Sun Woo just called, they’re on their way”.

Dong Ryung cannot help but sighing: “Why that couple is always busy…if others don’t know, maybe they will think there are just Sun Woo and Bo Ra noona having a job!”

Jung Pal continues: “hey, Sun Woo is now busy with surgeries, I heard he has to do at least 3 tough surgeries a week...”

“Really? Being a doctor is not easy” – Taek murmurs but Jung Pal doesn’t bothers listening to him but continues – “but that jerk, he told me he always arranges time to have dinner with Bo Ra noona…what is “dinner must be eaten at home””

Jung Pal mama snorts: “He is doing the right things, it’s you guys who have never arranged family time…aigoo, what did I do in my prior life to have these sons!”

Dong Ill and Ill Hwa don’t say anything but they feel like a bunch of butterflies flapping inside their stomach, Bo Ra has got married and rarely gets home due to her busy schedule, but today, Bo Ra’s mom has had a talk with Sun Woo’s mother to allow her to sleep at her parent’s house tonight and, Sun Woo’s mother was very eager letting her do so. Sun Young, just like Sun Woo, she can see through the true colors of Bo Ra since the day that girl told her that she would drive her to see Jin Joo at the midnight just because she worried about her daughter many years ago and, because Sun Woo really loves Bo Ra, Sun Young thinks she will love Bo Ra and treats her like her own daughter although this daughter is scary sometimes.

“No Eul ah~ did you well prepare your big noona’s room?” – Ill Hwa can’t help but asking her youngest son.

“Omma~ you’re too much. You asked me many times already…everything is done…neat and clean! I even cleaned her room twice, are you pleased now?”

“This rascal, watch out your tone with mom…” – Dong Ill shouted his son while looking at others – “hey, how about we play Go-Stop after dinner? I prepared lots of money…kyahhh, yeolbo, this time I will use the money I win to buy you a real fur coat, kekeke!”

----

[Dinner time]

Sun Woo is quietly pouring a cup of warm water for his wife despite all others’ eyes on them. This is his habit since the very first days they dated each other. Bo Ra, who has been so acquainted with her husband’s caring behaviors, doesn’t mind what others think, either. But, when Sun Woo try to take out the fish bone for his wife before placing it to his wife’s bowl, everyone sighs.

“Aigoo, why these two have been married for more than two years but their affection to each other remains the same, I am so envious!” – Duk Sun exclaimed while throwing a disgusting look at her sister and brother-in-law.

“Yahhhhh, what are we supposed to be? Mind your business, get it!?” – Bo Ra snorted while No Eul and Taek are frozen; these two are always be scared to Bo Ra despite the fact that Bo Ra has become Taek’s sister-in-law, he always treats her with the best manner and always shows her that he is an obedient brother.

“Bo Ra ya, don’t shout loudly, honey…you don’t feel good these days, remember? Don’t mind them, here, your boneless fish…” – Sun Woo uses the gentlest voice to calm his wife. He feels funny because Bo Ra has never changed her attitude to her dongsengs, he can realize that his friends are still scared to his wife.

“Jung Pal, Jung Pal, can you ask your mother arrange me another table, I think I cannot stand this scene…how can you treat me like this, jerk? I don’t even have a girlfriend now” – Dong Ryung sulks and his face looks as bit stupid and confused – “Noona, I am sorry, I don’t mean that!” – Dong Ryung hurriedly fixes his words after receiving a death glare from Bo Ra.

“I told you to give a try with Ja Hyun but you refused…are you looking down my friend?” – Duk Sun throws a death glare to Dong Ryung, who is now giving up after seeing Sun Woo not giving a care about his words but still continue with fish bone removing.

“Let’s have a drink after dinner…our parents will play Go-Stop anyway” – Sun Woo raises his voice.

“Can I join, hyung? Today I don’t have any show…must be boring!” – No Eul insists.

“Why you need to ask, of course!” – Jung Pal replies to No Eul, not bothering looking up at his dongseng but focusing on the soup front of him.

“Duk Sun knows that we gonna have a drink, she asked me to prepare this afternoon, let’s go to my room after this...” – Taek stops and turns to Bo Ra, and with this most formal tone – “Bo Ra noona, would you mind joining with us?”

“Yahhhh, why you ask her to come?” – Du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter