Precious Gift

Precious Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s once a blue-moon occasion I celebrated my birthday with SJ members due to our hectic schedules in recent years. Initially, the agency proposed me with a birthday party event in COEX Atrium, but I thought it’s a pity if only some fans who could have enjoyed the celebration since the venue capacity is so limited. So, I refused that offer and made other decision, namely having a live broadcast in my YouTube channel. It had been a while since I had a live video on KyuTV and greeted my fans there and I wanted to show the new dorm I moved into recently.

My birthday this time also coincided with Shindong-hyung’s promise to be the guest on my program and the fact that Eunhyuk-hyung moved into our new dorm as my current dormmate, so I made some preparation and set the whole live-props for the live-program. And the unexpected guest who surprised me the most was Ryeowook. As he heard the plan that I’d do a collab video with Shindong-hyung, he suddenly said, “How about me?” I didn’t expect such a reaction from him and just responded, “You wanna come?” From all of the people, he’s the one I missed the most since he moved out from our previous dorm and I knew, I can’t make him come if he doesn’t want to. Even during my live broadcast, Shindong-hyung who just knew the reason of Ryeowook’s presence there commented to him, “You’re at fault. You should come here again next time,” and I just saw Ryeowook nodded as his response. However, thanks to them, I celebrated my birthday merrily with 18.000 fans who watched the live-video.

That’s one of my best birthday parties in my life and I thought, I made the right decision. I had never expected the members would give me birthday gift as per our usual custom, but they did. I was so thankful to Shindong-hyung and Eunhyuk-hyung for their gifts. And as for Ryeowook, he didn’t carry anything when he came and of course, I didn’t expect him to. It’s already an effort for him coming here all the way from Incheon to celebrate my birthday, but suddenly he offered me to buy anything I want the most and it’s literally anything. I was kinda taken aback and hesitated, even Eunhyuk-hyung encouraged me to tell him. “You’ll buy me that?” I was still unsure. “That one? What is it? Just tell me, I’ll buy it for you,” he said. Eunhyuk-hyung suggested me to ask for a fridge and Shindong-hyung thought Ryeowook’s offer to buy something I need was a good idea and meaningful. That time, I was so uncertain whether to say it or not, so I decided to talk about it later prior to the broadcast end.

During the show, I was so having fun with Eunhyuk-hyung and Ryeowook talking about here and there while drinking alcohol and eating my birthday cake. I completely forgot about my birthday gift until Ryeowook suddenly my hair gently and asked me, “Have you decided what you want for your gift?” I actually caught off my guard in a split second, but that very brief time made me realize something and spontaneously responded, “Gift? What gift? You’re the gift to me.” I couldn’t face Ryeowook that time, but I watched from the monitor Ryeowook was smiling at my response and I was holding my smile feeling a bit embarrassed. I had no idea why those cringed words coming out from my mouth, but I really meant it, every single word, and I’ve never felt regret saying it neither taken back those words for him.

And once more, the universe seemed conspiring to make it right for me. Perhaps, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter