Final

Love Unexpected

               “Oh…are these chocolates for me?” You blushed and nodded while looking down at your shoes. Woohyun smiled. “Wah. Gomawo ~~~~~ ah. These are the prettiest ones I have seen. Just like you.” He winked and you blushed an even deeper red. “~~~~~?” You bashfully smiled and looked up to stare into his brown orbs. “I love-The equation for y.”

                You blinked. Wait what?

                “Miss ~~~~~, solve for the equation for y please.” You pouted slightly. So it was only just a dream? You quickly scanned the board.

                “Uhm…add 5 then you get…y equals to…42.” You replied and nodded once in affirmation. The teacher gave you a look before returning to her lesson. You sighed and turned your head so that you stared out the open window. From your seat, you could see a bunch of girls huddled around a certain area in the courtyard. Probably them again. It’s no wonder, it’s Valentines Day.

                Who’s ‘them’ you ask? Why it’s Infinite. Who else would it be? In the group is their leader Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, the elementary type Sungyeol, the school’s cutie Sungjong and him. Woohyun stood next to Sunggyu with a bright smile on his face. You sighed affectionately. He was a good friend of yours. But you want to be more than friends. It couldn’t be helped. Woohyun was everything you wanted in a boy. Cute, funny, and charming. What else could you ask for? You had a bag of chocolates reserved for him and him only. You sighed once more and a smile slowly spread across your face……but that was quickly stopped when someone stepped in front of Woohyun, blocking your view of your crush. Your smiled faded and you glared at the head of the er. The person turned, giving you a full front view of his handsome face.

                Oh yeah, you didn’t mention him before because he’s the frigging DEVIL. Myungsoo smirked at a couple of girls that giggled and you furrowed your eyebrows.

                You hated him with all your might.

                Why? Because he’s a rude, obnoxious, self centered jerk. He always got in your way when you were with Woohyun. Woohyun didn’t mind as much considering that Myungsoo was his best friend. But it was like he was interrupting on purpose. And to top it all off, he coldly rejected your friend’s confession.

                Even from the distance, you could hear the girls squealing over him.

“Oppa! You’re so cool!” (Myungsoo: Tell me something I didn’t know already. *smirks*)

“Saranghae oppa!”

“Aigoo. Come be noona’s boyfriend!”

                You clicked your tongue in distaste. Myungsoo was handsome, maybe even better looking than Woohyun, but he didn’t make your heart race like it did with Woohyun. Well…not anymore anyways. It used to, but that was before you met Woohyun. The last bell rang and you quickly gathered your things and left the classroom. As you turned a corner to head outside, you heard a familiar voice.

                “Why you leaving so fast?” You stopped in your tracks and rolled your eyes. Myungsoo had his hands in his pockets and sauntered over to you with a smirk pasted on his face.

                “Oh it’s you Myungsoo. How nice to see you….NOT.” He pretended to be hurt. “Ouch, that’s not very nice.” He glanced at the chocolates in your left hand and gestured to it. “Who’s that for?” You noticed that his voice went up an octave but shrugged it away.

                “It’s not for you. It’s for Woohyun oppa.” You replied haughtily with a turn of your heels you left the building. Myungsoo watched as you marched away with soften eyes. Not for me? But my heart already belongs to you. His eyes widen as he saw that you were heading towards the courtyard. But he was a step too late.

                Oblivious to what Myungsoo felt, you searched for Woohyun. You spotted him under the main tree and a smile lit up on your face. You eagerly walked to him but then abruptly stopped. 

                “Aeyoung…will you be my Valentine?” Woohyun asked while blushing. He held out a bonquet of roses to the girl. The other girl blushed and nodded. Woohyun’s eyes turned affectionate and he gently cupped her chin and brought her face to meet him. He tilted his head. But before you saw their lips meet, someone covered your eyes with his hands.

                “Don’t look.” Myungsoo said softly, panting a little. He turned you so that you would face him. A tear escaped your eye and he quickly removed it with his index finger. “Don’t cry either. You look prettier when you smile.” A batch of fresh tears spilled out and Myungsoo’s eyes rounded in surprise. He frantically waved his hands about. “W-w-wae wae? Y-yah! Why are you crying?” You smiled bitterly through your tears.

                “Because the person I like already has a girl. How else am I supposed to react?” The fact struck you again and more tears fell. The bag of chocolates dropped to the floor with a thud. “Woohyun oppa…” A voice spoke up.

                “Why do you like him so much?” Myungsoo whispered. You looked up at him with a slightly confused expression on your face. “It’s always Woohyun oppa this Woohyun oppa that. When will it ever be about me?” He wrapped his arms around you and your heart rate rapidly increased. Even more than when you were with Woohyun.

                “W-w-what are you d-doing?!” You stammered.

                “Something I wanted to do for a long time, even before you met my hyung.” You gasped softly. “Do you still remember the time when I introduced you to him?”

 

~Flashback to 2 years ago~

                “Myungsoo! Myungsoooo!” A 15 year old you called out. A 16 year old Myungsoo turned and caught you in a hug.

                “Aigoo…what’s wrong? Aish, why can’t you just call me oppa already?” You replied in a know it all tone of voice.

                “I’ll only call an older boy oppa if I love him!”

                “So you’re saying you don’t love me?” Myungsoo pouted and crossed his arms. You giggled and hugged him. “Of course I do! I just need to find my prince!” Your heart started to beat a little faster as you hugged him. You didn’t know why so you ignored it. Myungsoo pulled out of the hug and grinned widely. You were confused by his sudden change in attitude.

                “Okay. ~~~~~ ah, meet my new friend!” A boy with back hair walked out from behind Myungsoo and smiled at you. “His name is Woohyun. Woohyun, this is ~~~~~. She’s the best dongsaeng ever.”

                “Nice to meet you ~~~~~….so you’re waiting for your prince charming I see.” Woohyun teased. You blushed and hid behind Myungsoo’s arm.

                “N-n-nice to m-meet you t-too Woohyun...”

 

-Flash forward to 6 months later-

                The three of you were best of friends but you and Woohyun were closer. Myungsoo slowly drifted farther away from you as you became acquainted with Woohyun.

                “Ottokae? I told him to meet me afterschool today. What do I do now ~~~~~?!” Min Hee buried her face in her arms. You lightly patted her on the back.

                “Myungsoo right? You should just say it! It’s better to just say it than to keep it to youself.” You encouraged. Min Hee sat up straighter with a determined look on her face.

                “Arraso! I will do it! If I embarrass myself I’m going to blame it on you.” She threatened. You just laughed and patted her on the back again.

 

/Outside/

                “No. Get away from me.”

                Min Hee’s letter was torn and discarded to the ground. Tears trickled down her face and your face showed nothing but outrage. You jumped out of the bushes and stormed over to him.

                “YAH. Why’d you do that?!” You yelled. Myungsoo’s expression was that of shock and surprise.

                “~~~~~?! What are you doing here?”

                “I thought you were better than this. But I guess not. I hate you Myungsoo.” You dragged a crying Min Hee with you and left the scene. From then on, you either ignored or glared at Myungsoo. That was the day when you started calling Woohyun ‘oppa’.

 

~End of flashback~

 

                Myungsoo shook his head.

                “No. Let me add in my thoughts too.”

 

~Returning to the past, Myungsoo’s POV~

                Today was the day when he was going to confess. He had spent a few weeks trying to earn money to buy you a bracelet that matched his. But instead, he watched your back as you stalked away. His heart tore in half as he recalled what you said to him.

                “I hate you Myungsoo.”

                This wasn’t supposed to happen. It was suppose to end happily. Myungsoo took out the box that held the bracelet. He looked at it before throwing it somewhere. From that day on, he became a different Myungsoo. Not that nice one but a cold and arrogant one. That was the Myungsoo that got your attention. That was the only way that he got you to look at him. That was the day the old Myungsoo faded away.

 

~Return to the present~

                Your mouth gaped open and closed as you heard his side of the story.

                “So…the only reason why you were so mean to me…was because….you just wanted me to stop ignoring you?” The fact was unbelievable…..but at the same time it was…sweet? Myungsoo nodded slowly.

                “It’s because I love you ~~~~~. Not as my dongsaeng but as a girl.” Your eyes widen even more at his confession. Here was the very boy who broke your friend’s heart and acted terrible to you for 1 & ½ years…confessing his love to you. “I didn’t want to do all those things. But I had no chose.” He continued on. “Please don’t hate me for it. I don’t care if you don’t respond to my confession but just please…don’t hate me.” A tear dropped out of your eye again. Myungsoo looked panicky at you.

                “W-why are you crying now?!”

                “Because…this is Love Unexpected. I-I…love you too.” Myungsoo looked at you with a bewildered expression. “I don’t know why I didn’t say this earlier….I liked you a lot before Woohyun….but then I don’t know what happened! Argh. I am so confus---“ But something kept you front uttering another word.

                Myungsoo had kissed you.

                He removed his lips from yours and you were shocked at his bold move.

                “W-w-what.” Myungsoo leaned closer again.

                “No talking, more lip locking.” You nodded quickly.

 

Thus ended the mission to find your prince charming.

 

The End.



 

What did I write.

I am sorry about the endings. Oneshot endings aren't my thing. :C