11:11

Twas the Night Before Valentine's Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I tear my eyes away from the monitor in front of me. I’ve been editing this design for almost six hours already.

 

Pressing my fingers over my closed eyes, I hear Chaerin going around the cubicles with her usual sassy tone.

 

“Got any plans tonight?”

 

I heard the swivel of a chair beside me, Youngbae. “What are you up to, Chaerry-bomb?”

 

I chuckled lightly at the mention of her ridiculous nickname.

 

“My friends and I are hitting up this new club in Itaewon. Wanna come?” 

 

Youngbae turned to me, brows questioning. “Wanna join?”

 

I turned to Chaerin with a grin and she already knows my answer.

 

“Got a date tonight.” 

 

Her scoff had me laughing entirely. “Ugh. You’re celebrating the eve of Darabbit’s birthday? Yikes.”

 

Chaerin is as cool as a cucumber, but she really hates it when people get mushy and cheesy around her. It’s fun to about it, and my girl gets a kick out of it. My girl.

 

It’s only been nine months since I met Dara, and after just a month of dating, we immediately made our relationship official.

 

She gets me and my habits while I love all of her quirks. It wasn’t hard to fall for someone who’s just as caring as her.

 

If you asked me a year ago that I’ll end up with a gentle rabbit, I would have laughed at you. My previous records in the dating arena used to be all lionesses and tigresses, and they all end up trying to outpower me.

 

I’ve been drawn to Dara because of her sad eyes, making me want to know her story. But as soon as I find out things about her, the more I realize how much I love seeing her eyes dancing in happiness whenever she smiles. 

 

With her gentle touch and sweet kisses, she was able to get hold of my heart. She was able to dismantle my need for control, and make me yearn for her to take charge. 

 

And tomorrow is my sweetheart’s birthday.

 

We’ve planned everything already. We’ll have dinner and sing karaoke tonight, and we’ll end the night waiting for the clock to strike at midnight to welcome her birthday.

 

Just the thought of seeing her smile as we countdown the last ten seconds until it’s her birthday is already making me swoon.

 

And who the hell would ever believe a woman would ever make me swoon?

 

I love her, my birthday girl, my tokki.

 

--------

 

“Loud and clear, Chaerin.” Dara giggled as she hung up on her friend.

 

“What’s she going on about now?” I wiped the corner of her lips with my thumb as the pasta sauce we were sharing ended up there.

 

And because I can’t seem to take my hands off her too.

 

“Thank you, baby.” She grinned while I pushed her drink closer to her.

 

I picked up my fork again and continued to eat. We were at an Italian bistro along Hongdae, at her favorite spot. 

 

“She was just being Chaerin. Nothing much.” She lowered her eyes on her plate, and I knew it’s not nothing much.

 

“Hmmmm. Are you sure? No special messages from our stupid cupid?”

 

That made her laugh and the sound of it always makes me smile. 

 

“You’re really going to make me say it, huh?” Her nose is scrunched up adorably like a real rabbit, I kid you not, and I just have to lean in to give her a chaste kiss in her lips.

 

“I won’t stop til you tell me.” 

 

Dara covered her face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter