three

Shattered Mind

 

Flashback

 

I love the sun. I miss the cool breeze though. The temperature is good in my opinion. I looked up at the clouds then back down at the grass I’m sitting in. The shade provides me with enough shelter to keep me from complaining about the weather. The school bell rang indicating that school was about beginning. I saw a large crowd of other little kids trying to all squeeze into one doorway. There are more entrances. I shook my head at them and took a different entrance to get to class. This school isn’t as enjoyable as I would like it to be. There’s nothing I can do about it though. I just have to endure. It’s nothing wrong with the school. I continued walking down the hall thinking to myself. I don’t think something is wrong with the school, I think it’s something to do with me-

 

“Ah!”

 

I collided into someone stopping my train of thought. I steadied the both of us in time with my quick reflexes. I looked at their clothing and saw it was a girl. I looked up higher to see their face. Raven hair and cat like eyes stared back at me wide eyed.

 

“I’m sorry for bumping into you” I said in a small voice “Are you ok?”

 

She continued to look at me with big eyes. She blinked in response. She looked so beautiful. I can imagine a lot of the boys here will try to get close to her. She looked a little lost while looking at me. I gulped and pressed further.

 

“Are you new here? I’ve never seen you here before.” I asked in a friendly manner.

 

She averted her eyes away from me. She must be shy. The girl then looked at my hands that were still holding onto her. 

 

“Omg, sorry!” I laughed and scratched the back of my head. 

 

I let her go and she looked back at me with a small smile. She quickly hid her smile as soon some students came into view. Two little boys gawked at her, then decided to stop by. They went in front of me, blocking me from seeing her. 

 

“Hey are you new?”

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“You look pretty”

 

They began to bombard her with questions. She looked overwhelmed. I can’t just leave her to these wolves. I peered over the shoulder of one of the boys. She stared at me with desperation in her face. I had to think fast. I know these boys, they don’t take no for an answer. Only a teacher can stop them. That’s it! I quickly ran away and told a teacher that two boys were stopping the new kid from getting to class. I waited around the corner to hear how things went down. The little boys complained and asked who snitched on them. To my relief the little girl was still there. She turned to see me coming back to her. 

 

“Better now?” I asked “Sorry I took so long.”

 

I apologized. I looked at her to see her gazing at me with a smile. She gave me a thumbs up.

 

“What class do you need to get to?” I asked.

 

She pulled out the piece of paper hanging out of her pocket and handed it to me. I scanned it then got a surprise. 

 

“You’re in the class next to mine!” I exclaimed.

 

She looked disappointed. I felt a bit of a jab in my heart. Doesn’t she want to be in the same area as me?

 

“I wish I was in the same class as you…” She pouted.

 

I stared at her with my mouth slightly hanging open. Her voice is so cute! It was the first time I heard her say a word. Another thing is that she said something so cute too! I saw that other students were heading to class. 

 

“It’s alright” I reassured her “I’ll see you at lunch”

 

She gave me another bright smile. I walked with her to the class next to mine. That was a nice classroom she was in, students were always friendly anyway. I wouldn’t have to worry too much. We arrived there after we talked a little more. Her name is Krystal. Krystal was surprised when she heard my name, but I brushed it off. I silently waved bye to her. She tugged on my shirt. I turned around and asked what’s wrong. Worry was displayed on her face. My eyes softed on her. 

 

“It’s been nice knowing you Krystal.” I said with sadness in my voice. 

 

She obviously was shocked to hear me say that rather than reassuring words. 

 

“The last new kid didn’t even make it past the third period-” I was silenced by a smack to the arm. 

 

I yelped, but laughed it off.

 

“I’m kidding!” I laughed even more to see her glaring “See?” I asked.

 

“See what?” she was losing her patience.

 

“You’re not so nervous now” I grinned.

 

Krystal blinked rapidly then looked as if she relaxed a little.

 

“Plus, you can defend yourself with those hits of yours.” 

 

That made her smile and even laugh a little. 

 

“Thank you Amber”